Archived TM took an hour lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see how it's any more inconsiderate than having management not replace, or even try to replace, someone who has called off. Doesn't that also drastically affect the coverage of the area? They just assume everyone will fill in. Easier to fill in for half an hour than for 8.
The point you're missing is that certain workcenters can't have "everyone just fill in" because there is usually only ONE other person (or a severely limited number of people) there who CAN work that particular work center while said TM is gone. And like redeye said, you can run into compliance issues

We have the same issue in pharmacy. I've gone into compliance because I was stuck in the pharmacy by myself during the pharmacist's lunch & a fellow tech was "late" getting back from lunch.

That's when I turn off the lights and take a lunch.

Spot will survive a 30' shutdown of a workcenter...

I thought Food Ave couldn't either, but I could be wrong.

"It's not illegal, just highly frowned upon."

The DTL would probably be unhappy if Food Ave was closed and slap the STL on the wrist, but the world would end if the Starbucks DM walked in and Starbucks was closed.

My store used to close Starbucks all the time...if there isn't anyone to cover their lunch break, then they just put up a sign and go. The night that our DTL came late, our STL had the fun of keeping her away from Starbucks to be sure she didn't discover it was closed.

Our STL closed down Starbucks a few times when we were understaffed. She even closed down starbucks once because we were really short on cashiers and made the starbucks TM cashier. Our Guests were not happy when they found starbucks closed. Some of them can not shop unless they have starbucks in their hands.

Some of them can not shop unless they have starbucks in their hands.

So how would you explain all the partially consumed beverages they leave on the shelves? When they realize their beverages are gone, do they dump all their crap on endcaps, leave the cart in the middle of the narrowest aisle, and just leave the store?

Our STL closed down Starbucks a few times when we were understaffed. She even closed down starbucks once because we were really short on cashiers and made the starbucks TM cashier. Our Guests were not happy when they found starbucks closed. Some of them can not shop unless they have starbucks in their hands.
Our guests would crap kittens if they came in to a closed Starbucks.
One morning I came in a few minutes early to shop before my shift only to be told to clock in RIGHT THEN & get over to SB; seems our opener had overslept & was en route.
I ground & brewed coffee while firing up the espresso machine & bagged pastries out of the holding tubs.
Wasn't pretty but it took care of the opening rush.

Our guests would crap kittens if they came in to a closed Starbucks.
One morning I came in a few minutes early to shop before my shift only to be told to clock in RIGHT THEN & get over to SB; seems our opener had overslept & was en route.
I ground & brewed coffee while firing up the espresso machine & bagged pastries out of the holding tubs.
Wasn't pretty but it took care of the opening rush.
I had my fair shares of having to do that. Not fun.

I've been given a free drink coupon at a store before when there was someone from the front end covering who wasn't trained in Starbucks. :confused:

Maybe because they had no idea what they were doing and couldn't make the beverages he/she ordered.

@Coqui: So what was the outcome on the lying TM? Or is it still pending?

Could be that they needed to cover their break and since they couldn't shut down Starbucks... For example, I've seen a fair number of people placed into Food Ave in order to cover a 15 or meal who aren't food ave trained. We had them just do drinks and ring up any pizzas that had already been made if a guest wanted one. Other than that, they just had to apologize for the inconvenience.

So how would you explain all the partially consumed beverages they leave on the shelves? When they realize their beverages are gone, do they dump all their crap on endcaps, leave the cart in the middle of the narrowest aisle, and just leave the store?

That would explain the abandoned carts full with stuff at our store! We have trash cans all through our store, I don't know why it is so hard to throw away your empty/half empty cup instead of just leaving it on a shelf. A lot of our guests buy their kids starbucks too, maybe it's the kids who leave their trash behind and mom doesn't care or doesn't notice.

I've been given a free drink coupon at a store before when there was someone from the front end covering who wasn't trained in Starbucks. :confused:
Yep. I did that tons of times. Definitely not my favorite part of GSAing. It was definitely better when there was someone in FA to hand out the coupons.

Yeah, it was just the way it worked out it seemed. Someone at my store who transferred from that store told me that they once put up a be back in 15 minutes sign but I'm assuming that never happened again. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back