To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least those items can be restocked. What ticks me off is HBA or food items that go red when returned & have to be tossed just because they used a coupon.

Our coupon lady has a ring of people she's trained (and admitted to me) to do this. She's been banned from several of the stores (not just Target) in our area because she can be very belligerent when she doesn't get all of "her" money back (even though she didn't spend as much as she's getting back). She keeps all of her receipts, just tears off the top thinking we can't figure out when she bought them. She does HBA, cleaning supplies, and board games. Just because my store doesn't seem to be doing anything, everything that comes up defective on the register, I leave. Even if it doesn't look like it's been used. If any of her body washes are sticky, I defect them out.

Have any of you had the guests who come in to do returns and say, "I don't think this box was full when I purchased it. It must have come from the factory defective." We have a couple who have tried this...they glue the boxes back together themselves!! When I hear this, I open the box in front of the guest. One of them tried to do this with Nicorette gum, used all of the gum, and refilled it with empty trading card boxes and match books. What a dummy.

To the families that were buying cart-loads of household items because you lost your homes in the wildfires, our hearts are with you. When you cried while checking out, we wanted to cry with you.

To the guy who came back later to apologize after your wife damaged an item & refused to pay for it because she "can't afford that": you were a class act. Too bad your wife isn't. I hope you set a good example for your kids because she won't.
What a wonderful guy!

Not entirely related, but I find it disgusting how some people let their kids hold on to/mouth on something "to keep them quiet" then, when at register, they hand it over to me telling me they don't want it and it was just used as a distraction for their kids... no offence, but that's gross.

So please don't get upset at me when I purposefully use the hand sanitiser after handling such items, because yes it might "just be spit", but... ew?

To the families that were buying cart-loads of household items because you lost your homes in the wildfires, our hearts are with you. When you cried while checking out, we wanted to cry with you.

thats so sad :(

The pictures people have been posting are devastating.
On the upside, several church ladies' groups have helped set up 'wish lists' through the registries. They come in with a family member (usually the wife or mom), help her set up a registry & she can scan a list of what her family's needs are. It helps those who want to do something but are unsure what to get.
Our guest service diva also made sure that the 'event' date was far enough out that they could print out a purchase log, if necessary, for returning unneeded items. She's trying to promote the idea in other disaster-stricken areas.

Very sad indeed. Team, don't forget to help each other when disasters Ss.
For example, my area:
Hurricane with flooding
Earthquake
Flood again
God bless!

The pictures people have been posting are devastating.
On the upside, several church ladies' groups have helped set up 'wish lists' through the registries. They come in with a family member (usually the wife or mom), help her set up a registry & she can scan a list of what her family's needs are. It helps those who want to do something but are unsure what to get.
Our guest service diva also made sure that the 'event' date was far enough out that they could print out a purchase log, if necessary, for returning unneeded items. She's trying to promote the idea in other disaster-stricken areas.
That's a GREAT idea! GTC to you and your GSD :)

I thought so, too. They put it under "lists" with the family's name (ie: Jones household) &, under the message, will notate if there are kids or pets.

To that one guest at the service desk yesterday:

No, I will not let you return those jeans you bought on clearance back in June that are now salvaged out, that are also covered in white dog hair.

No, I don't care that you have a receipt since it expired 4 weeks ago.

Yes we do have a sign that clearly states that receipts expire in 90 days.

Yes that fact is also right on the top of your precious receipt in black and white.

What's that, you want to speak to a manager? Let me call the LOD. Oh, he won't do, you want the DISTRICT managers' phone number so you can complain about me by name and get me fired? Over a $4.98 pair of jeans? I'm sure he'll get right on that, ma'am. <Smiling> You have a nice day!!!!!

To the guest who called to refill the acne meds for her 3 daughters yesterday...next time, listen to your voicemail BEFORE you come into the store b!tching at ME because NONE of them are filled, don't just ASSUME that we are calling to tell you the prescriptions are ready to pick up...If you HAD, you would have HEARD us say "Please CALL US before you come in....there are some problems with the refills you requested" because 1 had no refills, 1 needed a prior authorization, and 1 was almost $300 (which we KNEW you wouldn't pay so we would have TOLD you that you needed to get a NEW "discount card" to bring the price down as the cards are only good for 1 use).

To any and all guests who feel the need to open products and/or pull them out of their packaging: PLEASE DIAF. Or not, but really, just /WHY/ do you need to pull such shenanigans?

@post: venting after one ironing board and one memory foam guests decided to just tear out of their packaging and, in the case of the ironing board, set up and leave in the middle of the aisle... /facepalm/

To any and all guests who feel the need to open products and/or pull them out of their packaging: PLEASE DIAF. Or not, but really, just /WHY/ do you need to pull such shenanigans?

@post: venting after one ironing board and one memory foam guests decided to just tear out of their packaging and, in the case of the ironing board, set up and leave in the middle of the aisle... /facepalm/

I guess that could be good if they also pulled out an iron and ironed their clothes. It would be even better if they picked up both, put them in their cart and bought the iron and ironing board. But we know that doesn't happen and we, as TMs or employees elsewhere, have to clean up their mess.

Don't leave your coffee next to the forty dollar purses

To that one guest,

Yea, I found your coffee. About an hour while I was zoning accessories, I found your cold coffee cup nestled between some forty dollars purses. I did not particularly want to touch it, being it was slathered with pink lip stick. Seriously, did you sip from it, or make out with it? Regardless, I threw it away. Yea, it was plastic reusable cup, but it was gross and cold. Do you really think anyone would pick it up and carry it to guest service?

I was pretty surprised to seeing you running frantically around the store, five minutes to close. What with the worked up state you were in, I at first thought you must have lost your toddler or something - not a half full, two dollar coffee cup. Yea, I lied and told you I had not seen your cup, but I suspect you might have clawed my eyes out if I told you I dumped it.

I'm still surprised you managed to convince the GSTL to walkie the entire store to ask if anyone had seen your coffee cup.

Next time, how about you don't leave your disgusting coffee cups on my nice displays.

To that one guest,

Yea, I found your coffee. About an hour while I was zoning accessories, I found your cold coffee cup nestled between some forty dollars purses. I did not particularly want to touch it, being it was slathered with pink lip stick. Seriously, did you sip from it, or make out with it? Regardless, I threw it away. Yea, it was plastic reusable cup, but it was gross and cold. Do you really think anyone would pick it up and carry it to guest service?

I was pretty surprised to seeing you running frantically around the store, five minutes to close. What with the worked up state you were in, I at first thought you must have lost your toddler or something - not a half full, two dollar coffee cup. Yea, I lied and told you I had not seen your cup, but I suspect you might have clawed my eyes out if I told you I dumped it.

I'm still surprised you managed to convince the GSTL to walkie the entire store to ask if anyone had seen your coffee cup.

Next time, how about you don't leave your disgusting coffee cups on my nice displays.

Good for you.

Should have took a dump in it and gave it back to her, and if she says something just say you found it on the shelf that way :)

I was pretty surprised to seeing you running frantically around the store, five minutes to close. What with the worked up state you were in, I at first thought you must have lost your toddler or something - not a half full, two dollar coffee cup.

Wish you had a video of that....lol

and, in the case of the ironing board, set up and leave in the middle of the aisle... /facepalm/

:laugh1:

I've been in retail off and on for the better part of 20 years but that's among the best stories I've ever heard.

It's right up there with the clerk I had who brought her electric guitar and amp to work with her and was playing it behind the counter.

While on the clock.

On video tape.

To that one guest,

Okay, I know it's just me, but this is one of my pet peeves. I just think it's tacky to walk into a public place carrying a drink from somewhere else, be it home or McD's or SBX or wherever...ESPECIALLY when that place SELLS whatever it is you're drinking! I used to have a friend who would carry bottles of tea with her EVERYWHERE and it just annoyed the crap out of me because she'd just whip it out wherever and take a huge swig... One time, we were in a restaurant and she just asked for a glass of ice and poured it in! The waitress told her she couldn't "do that" because they "couldn't allow outside food or drink" and my friend threw a hissy fit...I've never been more embarrassed in my life! I didn't like the "outside drinks" before then, but I cringe even more ever since (and no, I am no longer friends with that person ;))

I have to say, I'm with your friend.

If I want to bring a drink in with me, what's it to you?

Now I know there are some stores that simply don't allow food or drink on the sales floor and that I can understand.

BUT, if I went in a restaurant, ordered something to eat, asked for a cup of ice for my drink and they told me I couldn't do that.

My response would begin with F and end with U.

If the place has an no outside food or drinks sign then I would respect that, but if it didn't, then I usually have some form of beverage be it water, gatorade, or soda on me as I am a thirsty person.

ESPECIALLY when that place SELLS whatever it is you're drinking!

That's the only part that particularly bothers me. It gets confusing for me as a cashier because sometimes our guests will start drinking our bottles that they're buying (which really pisses me off) and I never know whether the bottle is theirs or ours.

^This reminds me of a time when a young mother was shopping with 2 toddlers. When it came time to check out, her cards were declined. She said she'd go to the ATM, to please hold her groceries, she'd be right back. After a couple of hrs, it was evident she was NOT coming back so we were sorting through the groceries, defecting out the perishables. We discovered that she'd opened a box of snack bars & juice boxes. I couldn't help but wonder if she was too embarassed to admit she couldn't pay, whether it was the only way she could get a snack for her kids or just a scam. Still wonder...

I can't help wondering why you'd let perishables sit in a cart for 2 hours?

I think too embarrassed to admit she couldn't pay is the most likely scenario but regardless, once I saw them leave the store, I'd give her 10-15 minutes tops before I started having someone return the perishables to the coolers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back