To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: Saying: "I want Beats" with no indication of asking and rather demanding them... Will not make me get your crap any faster. You are 13, talking to an adult who works in infants. I am not familiar with Electronics. Nor do I have the keys. I'll gladly give you what you are looking for. But because of your snotty, "Gimme Gimme" attitude. You can surely wait for as long as it takes to get me an electronics team member. Next time be sure to say please and show some humility.

TTOG: Saying: "I want Beats" with no indication of asking and rather demanding them... Will not make me get your crap any faster. You are 13, talking to an adult who works in infants. I am not familiar with Electronics. Nor do I have the keys. I'll gladly give you what you are looking for. But because of your snotty, "Gimme Gimme" attitude. You can surely wait for as long as it takes to get me an electronics team member. Next time be sure to say please and show some humility.

That's when I pull out my "I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by that" ignorant adult hat.

TTOG: To all guests. Don't put your crap that you are too lazy to put back, in my cart. Don't leave your Starbucks crap in my 3 tier either. Y'know what? Just don't touch my Z rack or 3 Tier and we'll be good. Okay?

To that one guest tonight...sure, I'll wait 15 minutes past my shift ending (closing shift) for you to slowly make your way to the register, on your phone, disregarding all of us staring you down mentally saying to "get out so we can go home". Sure, I'll wait a few seconds so you can just now discuss with your sister if you should get this bed sheet set or not. Sure, I'll ring up your rug and other bed sheet set. Sure, I'll wait for you to pull up a $10 off $50+ bedding/bath coupon on your phone. Sure, I'll go all the way to Guest Services to get a copy of the flyer to do this coupon for you. Sure, I'll try the coupon even though it won't work because rugs are not "bedding". Sure, I'll call over the GSA (who then called over the LOD) even though their words don't mean anything more factually-correct than mine. Sure, I'll take the sheets for your sister off of the order so you can just pay and leave. Sorry, your banter and complaints don't earn you any favors when you're completely unapologetic and disregarding the fact that we've been closed for 15 minutes waiting for you to leave.

Bonus: I grabbed my stuff and left already annoyed, and she was pulling away...her next genius idea was to roll her window down to try to get my attention to say that she needed the sheets that I took off for her by her own request. I obviously said "the store has been closed for 15 minutes." She asked if there was a manager I could speak to about it and again I said "Maybe you didn't hear me, the store has been closed for 15 minutes, I can't do that." and walked away as she continued to complain and then drove away.

TTOG,

Your tone when I came over to help you after you interrupted me and the guest I was helping was amazing. See, when I have a line of people at the service desk, and you just walk up to the photo counter, you have to wait a moment until that line is gone before I can come over. Not only that, you didnt even bother looking to see that our photo lab isnt able to process film. Excellent example of patience.

To the Guest that got interrupted,

Thank you for being so understanding about the whole thing. I think you were right when you said that lady had something prickly up her butt.

To several Couponing guests,

I thought you guys had a little more respect for our store since we try to take care of you. But after you came up to the registers at ten minutes before closing, kept all the staff there until forty minutes past closing, and then come in a few days later to start the whole process again, of course we're going to be a little peeved when you come in. The fact that my ETL-GE had to come over and talk to you about not abusing our hours like that should have been a big sign that you need to take.

Just because you're the "guests" doesnt mean that "the customer is always right."

To that one guest tonight...sure, I'll wait 15 minutes past my shift ending (closing shift) for you to slowly make your way to the register, on your phone, disregarding all of us staring you down mentally saying to "get out so we can go home". Sure, I'll wait a few seconds so you can just now discuss with your sister if you should get this bed sheet set or not. Sure, I'll ring up your rug and other bed sheet set. Sure, I'll wait for you to pull up a $10 off $50+ bedding/bath coupon on your phone. Sure, I'll go all the way to Guest Services to get a copy of the flyer to do this coupon for you. Sure, I'll try the coupon even though it won't work because rugs are not "bedding". Sure, I'll call over the GSA (who then called over the LOD) even though their words don't mean anything more factually-correct than mine. Sure, I'll take the sheets for your sister off of the order so you can just pay and leave. Sorry, your banter and complaints don't earn you any favors when you're completely unapologetic and disregarding the fact that we've been closed for 15 minutes waiting for you to leave.

Bonus: I grabbed my stuff and left already annoyed, and she was pulling away...her next genius idea was to roll her window down to try to get my attention to say that she needed the sheets that I took off for her by her own request. I obviously said "the store has been closed for 15 minutes." She asked if there was a manager I could speak to about it and again I said "Maybe you didn't hear me, the store has been closed for 15 minutes, I can't do that." and walked away as she continued to complain and then drove away.
As you were clocked out, you probably could've cussed her out. It was always my dream when I worked there to run into one of the "guests" off the clock so I could scream at them with no filter.

I had a guest recently that got upset at their total. Instead of taking things out they didn't need, they made me ring everything up again as if that would change it. When the total was, of course, exactly the same, they got mad and started pointing at the screen and adding up how much they should cost. I told them that there is sales tax, which might be why they were confused. I was right, but they got huffy because they looked fucking stupid and got even more huffy when I told them to have a nice day as I do every guest. They decided to take out their embarrassment on me by calling the LOD and telling him that I was condescending and of course editing the story to make themselves look less stupid. The LOD they called hates me for some reason (I'm extremely nice and get mentions almost every week in the surveys) and he came down on me. Basically, FUCK THAT OLD BITCH.

Also, to deal with my unexpressed rage towards both guests and rude team members, every time something upsets me I print out a strip of coupon paper at my lane. I then put it in my pocket and count it at the end of the day, then throw them away knowing it's all over. If I leave with less than 30, it was a good day. People are just plain stupid.

TTOG,

Look, you're a sweet old man and very friendly, but the guest service desk is not where you bring twenty bags of chips and five packs of soda for me to check out. That, and I don't always have the time to call for a ride for you whenever I do finish ringing you up.

Please, we have checklanes for a reason.

TTOG; it was literally a couple of minutes until i clocked in but you demanded we unlock the metal carts for you and when someone offered to go unlock them you complained even more?! it's too early for you to get pissed off and not only that you ended up using coupons a bunch with stuff that wasn't for the items and you got even more mad?!?!?! LIKE.......

Ttog: your child dropped two 18oz containers of blueberries. You picked them up, and most of the loose berries. You threw the containers and berries away. You then approached me, telling me what happened, and offered to buy them.

You are awesome. No ma'am, Target can eat the losses because it boosted my faith in functioning adults.

ttog: i'm sorry you don't like being asked about redcards, but it's my job. they pay me to ask you every single time about the redcard and if i don't i get in trouble for not putting out a "valid effort." most adults understand that jobs require things we don't actually want to do sometimes, and you being rude about it is childish. even your daughter told you to stop being rude. if you're, as you said, going to wear a button saying "don't ask me about redcards," how about i wear a button that says "i'll get fired if i don't ask about redcards (and you're not worth it)"

on a more pleasant note: to every guest that has ever stood up for me or just consoled me after a rude guest with a statement like "you didn't deserve that" or "wow, what an asshole," you make my day and remind me that some people really do respect team members as actual humans. please tell your friends and multiply.

Also, to deal with my unexpressed rage towards both guests and rude team members, every time something upsets me I print out a strip of coupon paper at my lane. I then put it in my pocket and count it at the end of the day, then throw them away knowing it's all over. If I leave with less than 30, it was a good day. People are just plain stupid.
That's pretty clever. Where did you come up with that?

TTOG: I'm sorry that being only four days into my job that I don't know the EXACT location of every item in the store. There's no reason for you to have to berate me and call me a terrible employee while I search on the myDevice for you, and then you storm off after I offered to lead you to the item you wanted.

TTSameG: Just because it's been about a week since I last saw you and I've traded in my "New Team Member" name tag for one with my actual name on it since then does not mean I'm not new and still learning. If you come up to me saying "Hey, you again... Where's ____ item at?" and think that in less than a week I've suddenly managed to learn the exact location of every single item we have in the store, you're dead wrong. Getting you to the aisle wasn't good enough, no, you expected to be lead to the exact spot. Which, I did end up finding for you, and even then you we're not satisfied. But it was your parting remarks that made me really doubt humanity again... "Y'know, you're not new anymore so you've got no excuse to be this crappy. Do your job better and find one of those 'New Guy' name tags. You suck at this too much to have a real name."

People like you, Sir, really, really make me question why it is I haven't looked for work outside of retail...

. "Y'know, you're not new anymore so you've got no excuse to be this crappy. Do your job better and find one of those 'New Guy' name tags. You suck at this too much to have a real name."
People like you, Sir, really, really make me question why it is I haven't looked for work outside of retail...
People like that usually work at a crappy job themselves & are most likely at the bottom of the pecking order so they always have to find someone else they can crap on so they're not at the bottom of the sh*t heap any more.
After a guest derided me for working as a barista at my age because I 'obviously didn't apply myself', I told her that I had indeed completed two degrees but life often interrupts when you're making plans.
I then looked her straight in the eye & asked where she worked.
She blinked & walked off.

People like that usually work at a crappy job themselves & are most likely at the bottom of the pecking order so they always have to find someone else they can crap on so they're not at the bottom of the sh*t heap any more.
After a guest derided me for working as a barista at my age because I 'obviously didn't apply myself', I told her that I had indeed completed two degrees but life often interrupts when you're making plans.
I then looked her straight in the eye & asked where she worked.
She blinked & walked off.

That's fantastic.. I'd love to come back at this guy with something like that, but being new, I'm keeping my mouth shut for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back