To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was cashiering today. A person brought their dog into the store, it took a dump on the floor. The guest then didn't tell anyone, but immediately headed up to the checklanes (my lane). Since poop is kind of hard to hide, an ETL is notified of it immediately. She goes and cleans it up, but then goes up to the guests in my line. She tells them we can't have dogs in the store and poop is unsanitary. They basically shrug it off and say "We're leaving anyway."

While that guest was not a good guest, what I heard in the line next to me is the purpose of this post. A different guest comments "If that ever does happen, you don't seek out the customer and yell at them, you do your job and go clean it up." We were insanely busy, but I stopped ringing just to turn my head and look to see if someone had actually said that.

I hate it when people make comments like that. You are niot my boss you do not tell me what I need to do.

To the guest who decided they would ditch two baby kittens in a box in a cart out in the front doorway...thanks. I really appreciated having to call and wait for Animal Control to come.

To the guest who decided they would ditch two baby kittens in a box in a cart out in the front doorway...thanks. I really appreciated having to call and wait for Animal Control to come.

Now, that's just plain cruel....

To all those guests who forget their redcard...NO WE CANNOT LOOK UP YOUR INFO. Do you people realize the gigantic security risk if we were just able to pull up that info on demand, let alone enter it into the register? We also can't just GIVE you 5% because you can't keep your redcard with all your other cards. The world doesn't work on the honor system, wake up!

If that happens you should say "hmm, you just bought me a tv! Thanks!"

To the guest who guest who got mad at me for trying to help them: I hope you trip on a railroad spike.

A couple of women and a screaming 3 year-old came to my lane, today. Seeing that the mother was visibly annoyed with her child, I offered her a sticker.

"Try this; you'd find it hard to believe what a child wouldn't do for a sticker." She tried to bribe the child for a second, then her friend went off for a coffee. After making sure her friend was no longer in range, her nervous 'I'm embarassed' smile faded from her face and turned into a glare. She said to me, in a low, menacing voice:

"Listen. Next time? Forget the sticker bullsh*t. Hurry up and finish my items."

Of course, this was after you explained to your friend about how you're a great parent and how you're supposed to completely ignore children when they're crying, because otherwise you're "giving them what they want." Oh, wait, no, ignoring him was actually making him cry louder. Gee, who would've thought??????

ha shoulda offered her another one and been like "are you SURE?" :D :D worst they could do is call me over, and then we all laugh, HIGH FIVE ! ^_^

To the guest who guest who got mad at me for trying to help them: I hope you trip on a railroad spike.

A couple of women and a screaming 3 year-old came to my lane, today. Seeing that the mother was visibly annoyed with her child, I offered her a sticker.

"Try this; you'd find it hard to believe what a child wouldn't do for a sticker." She tried to bribe the child for a second, then her friend went off for a coffee. After making sure her friend was no longer in range, her nervous 'I'm embarassed' smile faded from her face and turned into a glare. She said to me, in a low, menacing voice:

"Listen. Next time? Forget the sticker bullsh*t. Hurry up and finish my items."

Of course, this was after you explained to your friend about how you're a great parent and how you're supposed to completely ignore children when they're crying, because otherwise you're "giving them what they want." Oh, wait, no, ignoring him was actually making him cry louder. Gee, who would've thought??????

I guess it's a good thing I don't bother with the stickers. Of course, we don't even have them at the lanes half the time at my store.

I'd have plastered stickers over her MOUTH! Yeh, then gotten termed, I know I know...

We had some power outages yesterday morning. Basically, lost anything that wasn't behind doors. Milk was ok and the freezer stuff was ok. Everything else was tossed. My very first guest at 11:30 was acting like we did this just to inconvenience her. She was sick and didn't want to have to go to other stores and she just kept on and on literally whining about it. I'm thinking yeah all those tm working back there throwing stuff out and all that entailed are really having so much fun:sarcastic:.

To the guest who swore at me upon finding out her facial cream was discontinued...

I really have nothing to do with it. If I complain to a manager, they'll go, "Okay" and shrug it off. I am not the one who decides if a product is active or discontinued. Want to make a difference? Fill out a survey, a comment card, or call Guest Relations. All I can do is scan it and see if we have more in the back. That's about it.

To the guest who swore at me upon finding out her facial cream was discontinued...

I really have nothing to do with it. If I complain to a manager, they'll go, "Okay" and shrug it off. I am not the one who decides if a product is active or discontinued. Want to make a difference? Fill out a survey, a comment card, or call Guest Relations. All I can do is scan it and see if we have more in the back. That's about it.

Sounds like she's got more problems than just her face.

To the guest who got mad yesterday because he couldn't pay his bill with a gift card... **** YOU

To the guest who complained endlessly that she couldn't redeem her Gift Card for cash (was given as part of a return via gift receipt), because there is NOTHING in the store that she would spend $120 on... **** YOU

Elderly people are so ****ing rude its not even funny.

To the spoiled little bridezilla who pitched a hissy when she found out she couldn't get cash from all the gifts cards given as wedding presents: You registered here - use them for that.
Don't need any more household stuff? Buy some steaks, wine, etc.
Pantry stocked already? Buy an attitude adjustment. Can't find that here? Too @#$%! bad!
I feel SO sorry for your new husband.

Dear m'am,

I am sorry the dog food you wanted to get had a hole in it - I'm sure when you pointed that out to me, you were going to then ask for a discount.

If that was the case, I am sure I burst your bubble when I told you before you could even ask that I'm sorry, and that I can't sell the dog food to you because of the potential safety hazard towards your dog.

I understand you could care less about such a fact, but /I/ care and will treat a torn bag of dog food like a dented can.

No, we have no other bags of that particular kind in stock.

I'm sorry I'm refusing to sell you the dog food, and I am very sorry you need to get dog food for your dog.

Um... but I do admit that I had to refrain from telling you off about how you could just go to the Pet's Mart a few stores down in the same complex area...

To the guest who "has to give us his insurance card EVERY time", I checked your ENTIRE FAMILY'S profiles and the last prescriptions were a)filled OVER 6 months ago and b)covered under a DIFFERENT insurance (like I told you when I gave the card back with your son's Rx). Furthermore, I don't appreciate you copping an attitude with ME because we had to contact the doctor and you had to wait an extra minute (when you showed back up 5 minutes early ANYWAY) to clarify the directions and quantity (since he sent it electronically with the directions "1 tsp bid, 2tsp qd 14d...qty:50"--2tsp daily for 14 days would be 140ml and liquid antibiotics are only good for 10 days.)

To that one guest and guest's spouse that took all of the lenticular puzzles and then wrecked the entire puzzle wall looking for more, I would be so upset with you if I hadn't perfect zoned the puzzles 10 minutes ago, and there wasn't an entire endcap filled with lenticular puzzles directly behind you. But I did, and there was. so raaaaaawwrrr :angry:

I know this sounds like a lame pet peeve but I hate when guests ask for a bag for their comforters when they are already in a bag! Same goes for the pillow that are in a bag. Give me a break.....

I know this sounds like a lame pet peeve but I hate when guests ask for a bag for their comforters when they are already in a bag! Same goes for the pillow that are in a bag. Give me a break.....

Don't even get me started. My store is totally out of big bags!

Or when you ask if they want their stuff split between two bags, but they want it all in one double bag.

I still remember the guest who wanted a big bag for her 12pk sodas.

I also /love/ the guests who insist we double-bag EVERYTHING, even though most of the time they aren't remotely heavy.

---

Few days ago, but still:

Woman, don't give me this *****y, "maybe you should learn some facts" response when I tell you that last time I checked, people could NOT get cash back from using EBT Food. EBT Cash, yes, but NOT EBT Food. :|

If you /HAD/ been able to get cash back, then I would assume that it would of GIVEN YOU THAT OPTION.

Imagine that.

Last edited:
To that one customer at my current job who tried to use EBT to pay for beer, cigarettes, and a few items that were actually covered under EBT:

I hope you're found out. F*ck you.

Edit: She tried to pay for ALL of that with her ebt card. (My gas station doesn't give cash back lol)

To that one customer at my current job who tried to use EBT to pay for beer, cigarettes, and a few items that were actually covered under EBT:

I hope you're found out. F*ck you.

Edit: She tried to pay for ALL of that with her ebt card. (My gas station doesn't give cash back lol)

I'll bet she was driving an Escalade and had her nails done too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back