To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ETLs encourage GSTLs to say they are managers as they can handle most matters.

Yeah I know its the same at my store too, but a GSA should always defer to a GSTL or LOD (if the guest requests a manager).

Why put your ass on the line for $0.50/hr?

If you really want to anger the guest, tell them "we don't have managers at Target, we have Team Leaders and ETLs" and make them ask for the LOD. :D

'Cause none of our ETLs EVER come up to SD.
They'll ask us what's up on the walkie then usually tell us to do whatever the guest asks.

Heh, sounds like you need new ETLs!

I like the ETLs at my store, they dig into the TM work and work the floor like everyone else, and are really good at coming to service desk when requested ;)

Heh, sounds like you need new ETLs!

I like the ETLs at my store, they dig into the TM work and work the floor like everyone else, and are really good at coming to service desk when requested ;)

Then they must not have anything else going on. Seriously the number of times people request you to come somewhere when it can be handled on the walkie is crazy.

Yeah I know its the same at my store too, but a GSA should always defer to a GSTL or LOD (if the guest requests a manager).

Why put your ass on the line for $0.50/hr?

We call our GSAs, GSTLs and treat them like so. Which is why no one wants to be a GSA no more.

It wouldn't be so difficult for you to "understand" why I am NOT accepting your coupons if you actually READ THEM CORRECTLY (Unheard of concept, I know!)

Constantly getting pissy at me and continuously going "I just don't understand" does nothing for me, but here:

1) The coupon states it's for Dentyne or Trident - NOT the eclipse gum you got, d'oh.

2) Yes, you got two Smart Balance PRODUCTS, but the coupon is applicable ONLY IF you have two of the /BUTTERS/. No, one plus the oil or whatever does not count.

Again, d'oh.

Then they must not have anything else going on. Seriously the number of times people request you to come somewhere when it can be handled on the walkie is crazy.

If LOD is busy, the other ETLs will jump in. Guest service is #1 at my store and when a guest requests the manager they are always happy to respond. They know how to respond best to angry guests and defuse the situation.

It wouldn't be so difficult for you to "understand" why I am NOT accepting your coupons if you actually READ THEM CORRECTLY (Unheard of concept, I know!)

Constantly getting pissy at me and continuously going "I just don't understand" does nothing for me, but here:

1) The coupon states it's for Dentyne or Trident - NOT the eclipse gum you got, d'oh.

2) Yes, you got two Smart Balance PRODUCTS, but the coupon is applicable ONLY IF you have two of the /BUTTERS/. No, one plus the oil or whatever does not count.

Again, d'oh.

Oh, this is a BIG one in Pharmacy, but it's usually package size...if the coupon states "45 ct. or larger", no, I'm not going to let you use your $2.00 off coupons (which they usually try to stack with an additional $1.00 off) on the 15 ct. that's on sale for $2.50!!! Or no, you CAN'T use it on the GENERIC (which costs a FRACTION of the brand)!!!!

To the guest yesterday who threw a complete hissy fit because Public Aid wouldn't cover her $4 medication....I don't know what you're complaining about....they covered the $500+ for the rest of the medication you got. Maybe if you pawned some of the gold on your hand, your Coach shoes (which were butt ugly, btw), or your Gucci purse, you "could afford it" :boredom:

To the lady who yelled at the cashier for her EBT card not working - we don't always know why some things are covered by EBT and some aren't. Yes, candy is a food, but not all candy is covered by the EBT. Same with the weight loss bars/food by pharmacy. Oh, it worked before? I have no idea why!

At least she wasn't trying to buy a cell phone with it.

To the guest yesterday who threw a complete hissy fit because Public Aid wouldn't cover her $4 medication....I don't know what you're complaining about....they covered the $500+ for the rest of the medication you got. Maybe if you pawned some of the gold on your hand, your Coach shoes (which were butt ugly, btw), or your Gucci purse, you "could afford it" :boredom:

Don't forget the iPhone they're always texting away on...

Don't forget the iPhone they're always texting away on...

Sorry, but when someone's standing there with a $500+ purse, $100+ shoes, and $1000+ worth of jewelry on their hands b!tching and moaning about their FREE insurance not covering their $4 prescription and saying "they can't afford it", it annoys me. ESPECIALLY when we go through this with this particular woman EVERY FRICKIN MONTH and she keeps trying to pull the "they covered it LAST month" crap!!! I didn't even bother looking in the computer this time, I simply told her "No they didn't...they have NEVER covered this particular medication and we explained this to you last month. If you'd like to call them, I'm sure they can give you a list of medications that ARE covered." ;)

Oh, pharmacy stories. I have a few good ones...

To the lady who yelled at the cashier for her EBT card not working - we don't always know why some things are covered by EBT and some aren't. Yes, candy is a food, but not all candy is covered by the EBT. Same with the weight loss bars/food by pharmacy. Oh, it worked before? I have no idea why!

At least she wasn't trying to buy a cell phone with it.

Oh god EBT is awful. When it doesn't cover something we explain it doesn't cover it for a reason unknown to us. They go up to Guest Service, call the number and they tell them the same thing. Then they throw a hissy fit and stomp out of the store.

Oh god EBT is awful. When it doesn't cover something we explain it doesn't cover it for a reason unknown to us. They go up to Guest Service, call the number and they tell them the same thing. Then they throw a hissy fit and stomp out of the store.

Virtually all foods we sell at Target, including any candy not packed along with nonfood items, should be food-stampable (except for stuff from deli or Target Cafe). I've seen a number of things, like some baby foods, that simply weren't entered into the computers right to begin with so they get rejected when they shouldn't be. There is an option on the register that comes up at the end to alter the status of an item for that transaction. If you are seeing things you are pretty sure should be food-stampable but aren't scanning that way those things should be mySupported. If you're curious, this link gives a guideline on what qualifies under SNAP (SNAP benefits are what EBT cards pay for) http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/retailers/eligible.htm

Virtually all foods we sell at Target, including any candy not packed along with nonfood items, should be food-stampable (except for stuff from deli or Target Cafe). I've seen a number of things, like some baby foods, that simply weren't entered into the computers right to begin with so they get rejected when they shouldn't be. There is an option on the register that comes up at the end to alter the status of an item for that transaction. If you are seeing things you are pretty sure should be food-stampable but aren't scanning that way those things should be mySupported. If you're curious, this link gives a guideline on what qualifies under SNAP (SNAP benefits are what EBT cards pay for) http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/retailers/eligible.htm

It doesn't say anything about nutrition shakes or bars, which are not food-stampable. I got in trouble for changing them once to be covered (since you can on the register). The GSA said Target can get in trouble for changing those to be covered...not sure what the deal is, since they are food...

It doesn't say anything about nutrition shakes or bars, which are not food-stampable. I got in trouble for changing them once to be covered (since you can on the register). The GSA said Target can get in trouble for changing those to be covered...not sure what the deal is, since they are food...

Interesting. They must fall into the supplement category. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeh, we had a cashier get termed for changing DOG FOOD into a food-stampable item for her friend.

Seriously, people ask for leadership (ETL/TL) WAAAAAAY more often than is remotely necessary.

Yeh, we had a cashier get termed for changing DOG FOOD into a food-stampable item for her friend.

Now THAT I can see...and I figured as much with the nutrition bars. The guest was freaking out on me, so it was one of those "change it and they're happy" moments. Until the GSA got an alert on her LPDA, came over, and chewed me out for it.

If you are going to use coupons ,make sure you know how to read them !!!!
1 manuf coupon for $.50 off one deodorant ,and 1 manuf coupon $1 off 2 deodorants ,you actually need to purchase 3 deodorants to use both and not 2 ! also ,I know the coupon expired 4 days ago ,I can't take it ,end of the story ! It is not my fault that you live far away from the store !!!!
Seriously my dear guest ,you can not see that your son is annoying me by trying to scan your items ,i didn't know what was scanned ,and what was not ! Sorry I had to cancel the whole transaction ....

To the lady who tried to return a car seat without packaging and it had been USED for a couple months...really? She screamed at us and Guest Relations on the phone. I felt bad for those poor people at the call center who had to deal with her foul language and screaming. NO we can't return a car seat that's been USED and you don't have the box it came in. First it was she didn't like it, then it didn't fit in her car, then her kid outgrew it, then it was a "safety issue". Oh, also, a receipt would be nice...

Plus it was crusty...ewww...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back