To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: Where was your fashion sense today? Coming to shop at Target wearing khaki pants and a red cardigan is probably not the wisest of ideas. And you looked at me funny when I asked if you worked here, are you really surprised by the question when you look in the mirror?
We had a merchandiser who made that mistake. Once.

(Saturday afternoon @ Doglover's A-volume Target on a busy main road somewhere in the US of A) GSA: Doglover, please come to the front lanes for backup.
Me: *turns on light and before the GSA can direct someone, a woman and her daughter come up and stop right when they reach the edge of my belt, meanwhile more customers are queuing up*
Me: Are you ready to checkout?
Guest: Uhh, yeah.
Me: How are you today?
Guest: WHY IS IT SO BUSY IN HERE?
Me: *shrugs* Its Saturday...
Guest: So this is typical for a Saturday?
Me: Yes!

What is wrong with people?

I had an older lady getting mad at me because we couldn't do anything with her un-claimed giftcard. She probably called me and the store baloney at least 3 times, not even joking.

Couldn't explain to her she has to redeem the gift card, not just give us the fucken letter she JUST got in the mail and expect us to redeem it for her. She just kept rolling her eyes and calling it "a load of baloney" that we couldn't do it for her. This is something my actual grandma would do so I find it kind of funny now lmao.

TTOG: Your toddler gave me life today.

I gave her the first stickers you'd ever allowed her to have, and the faces she made were priceless (bonus points to her for not even trying to eat them). The whole situation completely blew her little mind. Thank you, I seriously needed that this week!

TTOG: Must you insist on putting a single item in every bag for your order? I've never seen such a waste of plastic. I went through 20+ bags. :rolleyes:

There's a Costco near my store so people do that so they can bag their Costco purchases. Or they go to a register with no cashier and grab a bunch. They think they're being so stealthy and sneaky. We're on to you lady

There's a Costco near my store so people do that so they can bag their Costco purchases. Or they go to a register with no cashier and grab a bunch. They think they're being so stealthy and sneaky. We're on to you lady
It's kinda hard to bag a case of TP and those giant boxes of cereal...

TTOG: Asking me if we have any "anatomically" accurate baby dolls is still leaving me ill. "Do you have any, like, dolls with the tree and the donut hole?" Seriously?!?! Alarm bells are screaming inside my head.

TTOG: if “the line is soooo long,” go up front to the SCO!!! Don’t wait in line, then proceed to berate me and my PM for 5+ minutes (not exaggerating there) because “you just have a few HBA things and it’s ridiculous that (you) had to wait in line!”

TTOG: setting a POG in electronics. 30 minutes after the store opens this pimply-faced, portly, perspiring lad jumps in front of me with a push shoving his iPhone in my face, "Where are they!!!!!!" Ummmm ... where are what? "Are you STOOPID??? The SNES CLASSICCCCCC!! My phone tells me they are here! WHERE ARE THEY????" Umm sorry, Sir, but unfortunately we are sold out now. "NO! My phone says they are HERE!!! You are a LIAR!!!!" He then literally jumps up and down in a tantrum as I begin to wonder if I am on some sort of hidden cam show. I calmly point to a sign the Electronics TL posted shortly after all 10 units were purchased within minutes of the store opening indicating our sold-out status. "NOOOOOO!" He begins sobbing literally with tears and all. Another guest who is watching this unusual display of emotion speaks up with, "someone needs to get laid ... and in a hurry". I have to shuffle off quickly to avoid laughing out loud in front of the crying fella. Priceless.

I always say “our website is updated every day when we open. Items can go out of stock during the day and it may not reflect until the next day”

Whether or not that’s true I actually don’t know but it seems to work.

I always say “our website is updated every day when we open. Items can go out of stock during the day and it may not reflect until the next day”

Whether or not that’s true I actually don’t know but it seems to work.
Technically it updates every fifteen minutes when your on hand quantities update. But uh, don't tell the guests that ;)

Technically it updates every fifteen minutes when your on hand quantities update. But uh, don't tell the guests that ;)
that's good to know-- and that's how often the site and merch lookup update as well?

I use the line to protect us if the counts are off.

TTOG: Thanks so much for yelling at me on the phone demanding your $14 cash and $36 Visa card be credited for an exchange you want on a product you bought in 2016. Seriously?!?!? I can't do a damn thing about that and attempt to connect you to the correct person. Stupid, druggy. Go get a job and stop trying to return things FAR past there return date.

that's good to know-- and that's how often the site and merch lookup update as well?

I use the line to protect us if the counts are off.
The site checks if your 'on hand:' is more than zero to determine whether or nor to list if the team is in stock.

The on hand number updates every fifteen minutes (or so) to account for sales and defectives.
At least every half an hour the website will check the current on hand and display the result per item appropriately.

However, Merch lookup I don't have an official answer. I would assume that it is also accurate to the past fifteen minutes because it's all the same system but I don't know for sure. You'd get a more accurate answer checking in myWork (that is, if you have a mydevice)

I was told by my GSTL that both the website and Merch Lookup are based on quantities on hand as of closing the night before. But it's been a while since I was given that info so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the system has been updated or I flat out got wrong data.

I was told by my GSTL that both the website and Merch Lookup are based on quantities on hand as of closing the night before. But it's been a while since I was given that info so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the system has been updated or I flat out got wrong data.
Merch lookup might be, but I've checked on the app when did an item not found on a ship from store batch. While I was picking (and the on hand was at zero) the app said sold out. Once I did the item not found, waited fifteenish minutes and checked the app again (on hands now back to one) the app said in stock at my store

TTOG: You were looking for work pants for your daughter. We were standing next to an A New Day display, so I showed you one of their styles first (they start at size 2 for those who don't know). Guest says my daughter's 18! Dont they come smaller? I told you they don't and then showed you a Mossimo Supply style that starts at 00. But just because your daughter is 18 means she's a 0 or 00? Umm even a lot of my skinny friends weren't a 00 at 18. Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back