To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at my counter.
Guy apparently thought we had 'more' money in the morning.
Ended up using his CC.

Yep, I've had someone try to pay for a $3.95 latte with a $100 first thing in the morning.

Or, you get multiple guests who want cash back on their puchases during the 1st 30 minutes the store is open. That's followed by the guest who gets pissy because their change was all in 5's and/or 1's because the GSTL hasn't brought you change yet.

TTOG: how stupid can you be?!?

Me: *rings up 30 half price Christmas wrapping paper/ornaments and a gift card they asked for $100 on*
“Guest”: why is my total so high? All Xmas stuff is 50% off right?
Me: yep, pretty much all Xmas stuff is 50% off
“Guest”: so that gift card should be $50, not $100, right?
Me: ha ha! I wish!!
“Guest”: so you will adjust the Xmas gift card to the correct 50% off price?

Had to explain that gift cards in the Xmas section that said “merry Xmas” on them weren’t included in the sale...THEN this “Guest” goes and complains to every other TM they could find, while demanding to speak to a supervisor, about how I ripped them off and lied to them and stole their $50....

ETA: their main complaint about me was that I was rude to them (based on me laughing thinking they were joking)

TTOG: As it is, it takes a really long time to get a drink at Starbucks. Why did you wait on cartwheel until after the transaction was complete and you had already paid? And even if it's just a brain fart, why did you demand he fix it right then and there, and argue about the amount you'd be getting back, instead of walking your ass over to GS to get it fixed there? There's no guests at GS and you can see that as easily as I do, so it's not like you'd wait. He'd probably still be making your drink when you got back with your money.

TTOG: As it is, it takes a really long time to get a drink at Starbucks. Why did you wait on cartwheel until after the transaction was complete and you had already paid? And even if it's just a brain fart, why did you demand he fix it right then and there, and argue about the amount you'd be getting back, instead of walking your ass over to GS to get it fixed there? There's no guests at GS and you can see that as easily as I do, so it's not like you'd wait. He'd probably still be making your drink when you got back with your money.
At my store GS does not handle Starbucks drink stuff.

TTOG: I cringed so hard when I heard a bunch of drink bottles hit the floor after I'd spent a half hour or so in that aisle putting everything back together. When I went over a few minutes later to assess the damage...there was none. Everything looked perfect. Most people would have left it or put them back wherever, so THANK YOU for putting them back where they belong.

TTOG: ....No, oh my God, you cannot get cash for your Gift Card!!! What do you think the point of a gift card is?
They may have been from California. We're required by state law to cash out any gift cards that are less than $10 if the guest requests. And we can't limit how many either. A couple weeks ago we had a guy come in and cash 50 cards, all at $9.99.

They may have been from California. We're required by state law to cash out any gift cards that are less than $10 if the guest requests. And we can't limit how many either. A couple weeks ago we had a guy come in and cash 50 cards, all at $9.99.

Yep. Before we got the black cards, maybe just a few days before, I was at GS and a "guest" was returning about $150 worth of HBA. I refused, because she clearly was a scammer. The GSTL approved it "just this time." Once I had finished, the "guest" proceeded to hand over a stack of gift cards to cash out. I think that she had about 30. I looked at the GSTL, who is half my age and gave her the "Why do you doubt me, I knew it," look.

Man, reading about stores denying returns makes me jealous. Our STL has told the team that unless we in AP have them on camera selecting the merchandise off the salesfloor they have to make every attempt to do the return. Even if they have to circumvent the registers sometimes.

TTMultiple guests: Please tell me *before* we complete your transaction that you're supposed to get a gift card. Makes life a lot easier for both of us.

Had myself a stupid guest moment where I was the stupid guest.

Apparently, the gas station a drive from my house got new pumps or something and instead of just lifting the gas nozzle and you wait for the gas station employees inside to authorize you to pump gas, you apparently have to release a lever within the pump itself to get it to start pumping gas. The screen before said "lift nozzle and start fueling" but now it says "lift nozzle and lift lever to begin fueling" and I didn't realize because I was just too tired and wanted some gas and-- yeah.

I felt like a stupid idiot, and I'm sure the employees inside tried to tell me but I'm hard of hearing and couldn't tell if they were talking to me from inside, it's like -14 degrees out and I'm slightly cold not knowing what to do... I've said it before in regards to SCO, if people would just read the screen they'd know what to do, but this time all I had to do was just READ THE SCREEN and I fucked that up.

So, now I'm on a personal level with guests who can't read the screen and are just too use to the old SCO software and program, because I just went through the same debacle, although I try to be smarter than that.

To ALL of those guests: that approach the photo lab counter with their returns. Yes, I can see how you might mistake the photo lab for guest services, but that big red sign that says PHOTO that you just walked under should have been your first clue.
*at GS desk*

G: Is this the place for order pickup?
Me: *turns around, stares at giant Order Pickup sign and hits head against it*

TTOG: THANK YOU. Thank you for being appreciative when I had to call 718 and get them to figure out why we couldn't process your return in store, even though you had your receipt and the card you used. I'm glad we were able to figure it out even though I was still on hold with them. I wish every guest was as patient as you :)

*at GS desk*

G: Is this the place for order pickup?
Me: *turns around, stares at giant Order Pickup sign and hits head against it*
*gets in totally separate order pickup line*
Me: *calls them forward* “I’ll just need to see your ID” *cant find any orders under their name* “is your order maybe under a different name?”
Guest: what? I’m just returning
Me: *sighs* *points to order pickup sign* “This line that says order pickup is for order pickups”
Guest: “oh haha I didn’t see that!”
My eye: *twitches*

*gets in totally separate order pickup line*
Me: *calls them forward* “I’ll just need to see your ID” *cant find any orders under their name* “is your order maybe under a different name?”
Guest: what? I’m just returning
Me: *sighs* *points to order pickup sign* “This line that says order pickup is for order pickups”
Guest: “oh haha I didn’t see that!”
My eye: *twitches*
we got rid of the separate line because it was just too much of a mess.

also
me: "i just need to see your id" ... "hmm can't find the order, is it under someone else's name?"
g: "oh yeah it's under xyz"

like that might have been helpful to say...

TTOG: You're creepy. You came through my line asking if we had a microwave.. I said yes it's by the deli. You precede to tell me I'm pretty and asked if I was married. For this one afternoon.. yes yes I am. You were obnoxious while waiting in line and kinda rude to the other guest...

and then you ask me "so you're really married huh?" ...yupp I am... "I guess you knew what my next question was huh?"

*shudders* I'm gonna go take a shower now

TTOG: Are you fucking serious? I’m helping you with a carryout and you tell me to just head out and you’ll pull up in a minute. It’s freezing outside. And I see you walk outside 10 minutes later with Starbucks, scream at me ‘I’ll be right there!’ And then finally let me load this dumh shit after freezing my ass off while you got Starbucks... screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back