1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

To that one guest

Discussion in 'Guests First!' started by Hardlinesmaster, Jun 8, 2011.

1. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

Everybody has their "after" snack.
    Salty (and in a can so you don't get crumbs all over the bed) might just be theirs.

WestLoggy and redeye58 like this.
  2. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

SO glad that is over with.
    Had girls hanging around wheedling for us to start early.
    Then they wanted to take 'extras for friends' but we all said no.
    Then they tried to come back later for 'seconds' & we told them no.
    Freakin' freeloaders.

BaristaChick16, lovecats and Yetive like this.
  3. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

Sorry to hear that. We were busy, but everybody was nice about it.

4. redeye58

We were busy, too, which is what made it all the more annoying when everyone else followed the guidelines.

lovecats and Yetive like this.
  5. Leo47

Leo47 Active Member

TTOG- I was running self-checkout when you came up to me and asked if cashiers no longer bag items for you. When I answered they are definitely supposed to, you went on a 5 minute rant about how your cashier didn't bag anything and you had to do it all yourself *gasp* not sure what you wanted me to do about it, everything was already bagged and my nametag literally says new team member so it's not like I can get him in trouble or anything :rolleyes:

lovecats and HRZone like this.
  6. HRZone

HRZone Well-Known Member

Welcome back lol

Leo47 likes this.
  7. lovecats

lovecats Free At Last!

You DO still have room in your walkin, don't you? Though you probably could've filled it up on those fast.;)

8. redeye58

*eyeballing the shelf space along the side wall

lovecats likes this.
  9. Kaitii

Kaitii You're gushing all kinds of fluids again

TToG

Bless your soul and your patience. You and your mom came in for a camera and she got the debit RedCard for the 5% and the app went through ok etc etc

But when it came time to ring up the camera, the card wouldn't go through. You called your bank and apparently it was an error on our end because the bank never received the request. Thinking about it now, your mom probably gave a check from a different account or something that didn't have the 600 for the camera. So your mom already started getting a little testy, but you assured me everything was fine and you understood shit happens as a fellow retail employee. So I ask the LOD if I can manually give the 5% and she's like yeah ofc. So they pay in cash... and the register dies. At this point your mom is kinda done and walks away but you remained so pleasant and I felt so so bad about all this. Luckily it was a simple fix and we just moved registers and the rest of the transaction went ok since it was cash (I still had in my hand) and not card.

So seriously thanks for your patience and sweetness because your mom was seriously starting to flare up my anxiety.

10. Jenna120

Jenna120 Active Member

Target's system doesn't check for available funds. They assume you have it and draft an electronic check 3 business days later.

I did have a very embarrassing incident one time when I had switched the account my red card drafted from. While corporate had the banking information they were telling the store that there was no bank account attached to the card so it declined at the register. So yeah, Target can screw up when it comes to attaching banking information to the debit version.

11. TTGOz

TTGOz Active Member

A lady started getting major contractions while checking her out and had to be rushed out via ambulance, her boyfriend called us to let her know she gave birth to a baby girl.

Nice.

12. REDcardHell

REDcardHell New Member

TTOG: You picked up aluminum foil that was on sale on one of the end caps by the check lanes. The sign said 1.19 but it rang up around 4 dollars. A line was forming behind me and I didn't have time to watch the monitor and double check every price and I didn't notice the price difference, but you clearly did, but you didn't say anything until the transaction went through. I would have happily changed the price for you if you said something before I finalized the transaction, but again, you didn't say anything until AFTER the transaction. As I am just a cashier, I cannot refund you the difference, so I directed you to guest services to get a refund. For some reason you didn't like that solution, so instead of easily walking the 10 feet to guest services, you just walked out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leo47 and Frontlanegirl like this.
  13. Leo47

Leo47 Active Member

TTOG - when you were staring at me the entire time I was ringing you up I just thought you were weird but when you walked away and then came back and said " I just have to tell you you have a beautiful smile" it made my entire day

Yetive likes this.