1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

To that one guest

Discussion in 'Guests First!' started by Hardlinesmaster, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service & Photo

just say they or just "your baby"

"they look really cute" "your baby is adorable!"

2. RTCry

RTCry Team Member

TTOG. You really gonna complain to me that an off duty TM trying to leave with their purse and talking on their phone says they’re off the clock so they can’t help you? :rolleyes: GTFOH. We aren’t slaves. And...you are the rude one for interrupting the TM’s phone conversation.

I wish we could just teleport from TSC to the parking lot.

PharmaQueen, beevery, CeeCee and 2 others like this.
  3. Leo47

Leo47 Team Leader

At my store the alarm for the emergency exit in TSC is disabled so we can just go out that and suddenly we’re in the parking lot lol

PassinTime and canttouchthis777 like this.
  4. Amanda Cantwell

Not at my store. If you so much as breathe near the bar the alarm system goes off and the LOD wants to kill you for making them come all the way up and everyone in TSC is annoyed for making their ears ring

canttouchthis777 likes this.
  5. YoNanas

YoNanas When in doubt, throw it out

I get that all the time. I would not even be wearing a red top, I would be in my jacket and making zero eye contact with guests and they would still try to ask me questions. GTFOH. When I'm on the clock and greet you or whatever then you don't need my help. Now when I'm off the clock, jurt because I'm in khaki and exited the TSC doesn't mean I'm working for Target. I could be State Farm agent, Allstate, whatever wearing khaki. If you really need help, go bother an ETL who's salaried and can help you whenever, even from their home. Haha.

6. Jenna120

Jenna120 Slave to Bastet's acolytes

"What are you wearing 'Jake from State Farm'?"

7. YoNanas

YoNanas When in doubt, throw it out

The point is they think khaki pants automatically means you work at Target and you SHOULD help them even though they don't think that anyone else wears khaki. And no I'm not wearing Jake from State Farm.

8. HiddenPenguin

HiddenPenguin New Team Member

Yeah, I'm normally good about it. Just got flustered in the moment.

9. RedCardBorn

RedCardBorn Guest Service Attendant TM

You guys don't have a TM exit in the TSC? We use it to exit whenever and to enter before store opens.

10. shortstuffishere

shortstuffishere Team Member

In our store it's an emergency exit. Our tm door is in front by the regular doors

RedCardBorn likes this.
  11. tmap98

tmap98 TL in training indefinitely

I wish we had one, like others have said, ours is an emergency exit and the TM entrance is a side door attached to our left entrance

12. SFSDan

SFSDan Electronics/SFS

Ttog

You come up asking where the batteries are, then I tell you, that you just walked past them. That you ask me if I knew anything about a 35 dollar fitbit like item. Apparently someone told you that she bought it at Target. Here I am thinking nothing is wrong. I do tell her that we do have some knock off Fitbits in the front, she asks me if I can get it for her but I can't leave the boat, because I'm pushing Security items and can't leave them unattended.

Now Enter (newly promoted) GSTM, who's been here as long as I've been. No real experience outside of the Front, so obviously had no idea how to answer any questions in Electronics, I ask him if we still have the knock off Fitbits, and he goes grabs a couple and gets her batteries.

you decide to treat me like I'm completely incompetent. Like telling me not to talk. Meanwhile she asks how to set the devices up, and she keeps repeating "I'm 80 and I don't know how to do anything like that" meanwhile the poor GSTM doesn't know what to do. And you ask him about who the Ceo of the store is and want his number to talk him. So of course ignore the actual person who knows what he's doing for the poor white kid :rolleyes:

13. PharmaQueen

PharmaQueen Sr. Team Leader

TTOG: no, you don’t get the $0.05 discount for bringing your own bag for your prescriptions. We are CVS, not Target. Besides, you had $0 copay and I’m not paying you for bringing a bag for your rx that’s already IN a bag! GTFO! I don’t have time for your bs! :mad:

14. Fluttervale

Fluttervale Team Member

Lol. I had one thst wsnted the money for all 5 of her reusable bags, even though she only bought one item.

I did it because it was worth the money to not have the hassle.

15. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Had a guest who wanted the bag credit even tho he wasn't taking/using a bag because he was 'saving the environment' by NOT using one.
    Sorry Charlie, but thanks for playing.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    canttouchthis777 and RedCardBorn like this.
  16. derOhrenartz

derOhrenartz Guest

TTOG: thank you for buying me coffee this morning—truly made my day

17. RedCardBorn

RedCardBorn Guest Service Attendant TM

We had a guest ask our SCO TM why if she returns 1 of the 2 BOGO 25 percent off items will be refunded for less. The SCO TM tried to explain that she if she returns one she will get the 25 percent off price. She didnt understand and she was getting mad. So the SCO call me over, but before I could come up one of our ETLs came and tried to help. I stood next to him while he explained, she would not get it at all. She would get more mad and mad. My ETL started losing his patience and told me to go back to watching the front and then he said it one more time to the guest "Because it is BOGO 25 percent off, if you return only one you get the lowest price first (25 percent)" and shes like " I DONT UNDERSTAND, WHY-" and he cuts her off, "That's just the way it is" and walks away. The guest just stood there confused and we asked her If she was gonna return it and she said no that she was arguing just for the principle. Why, oh why must people like this exist.

REDcardJJ and CeeCee like this.
  18. CeeCee

CeeCee Team Member

TTOG: when I causally asked how you were doing I didn’t really expect much of a reply. Most people just say “fine” and start scanning their items. (SCO) You started to say fine and then stopped yourself and told me you were actually doing great because your wife had just had a successful liver transplant. That was so touching. Helped me remember that people are going thru things that may not show on the outside. I hope our short chat helped brighten your day because it brightened mine.

19. Greenie

Greenie Team Member

Haven’t the receipts started showing return value at your store?

So say your guest buys two shirts and they are buy one get one half off. Basically it takes the total you paid for the two items and splits it to give you the return value.

Receipt says something like
    Shirt one $10
    Return value $7.50

Shirt two $10
    Sale price $5
    Return value$7.50

I’ve had a few guests not understand until I talked them through their receipt. One I had to whip out a calculator with because I couldn’t possibly do basic math in my head.

sprinklesontop likes this.
  20. Amanda Cantwell

They way receipts represent BOGO anything is the worst. It’s jsut horrible. GSTMs know what I mean