To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the guest who called tonight with a question I hadn't yet heard in my 4 years at the front. She got an item as a gift on her registry and found a coupon for said item. She was wondering if she could redeem the coupon on the item she got, as a GIFT. I did my best to keep a straight face while I told her that I could not seeing as she didn't buy the item!

To that guest with the unused Halloween costume you cannot return. No, I don't know what you're supposed to do with it. It's yours to keep....do what you want with it.

No-receipt return? At my store, we were told that costumes could only be returned via no-receipt return after Halloween.

To the guest who called tonight with a question I hadn't yet heard in my 4 years at the front. She got an item as a gift on her registry and found a coupon for said item. She was wondering if she could redeem the coupon on the item she got, as a GIFT. I did my best to keep a straight face while I told her that I could not seeing as she didn't buy the item!

:facepalm:

No-receipt return? At my store, we were told that costumes could only be returned via no-receipt return after Halloween.

:facepalm:

Yeah the literature states that we can offer a no receipt return and give them the clearance price back as store credit.

Yeah the literature states that we can offer a no receipt return and give them the clearance price back as store credit.

Nah, I tried that with TL who forgot to return their extra stuff early. It wouldn't go through as a no receipt return, either.

To the guest who was complaing because our halloween candy was 50% off and another store is 75%, I guess you didn't lose your house in the hurricane so stop whining! Seriously? People have lost everything and you are complaining about this!

To the guest who was complaing because our halloween candy was 50% off and another store is 75%, I guess you didn't lose your house in the hurricane so stop whining! Seriously? People have lost everything and you are complaining about this!

Our candy was only at 30%.

to that one guest who came in and spent $180 on clothes (and a few crafts) for a friend's daughter...good on ya!! She told me that the family lost their house to the flooding of Sandy and the flooding went right through the young lady's room. She had no idea whether the clothes were right so we gift receipted the whole thing. If I could have figured out a way to give her a discount I would have.

Amid all the horrible stories you hear, this always gives me a ray of hope.
Thanx, babytrees :)

To that one guest who really wanted to open a Red Card when buying Electronics items: You would've been my first conversion in about 3 weeks had the Red Card system not been down. Thank you for your patience as we struggled with our technical difficulties, even if you didn't get to save 5% in the end. Also, you purchased a service plan! [does happy dance with GSTL and LOD]

On second thought, had the system not been down, I wouldn't have gotten the conversion anyways. Electronics TM brought the guest up to the lanes because she was having the same problem at the boat.

To that guest with the unused Halloween costume you cannot return. No, I don't know what you're supposed to do with it. It's yours to keep....do what you want with it.

So much of THIS. It is on your receipt that it must be returned by that date right here, 10/31. And the signs everywhere that all costumes had to be returned by Halloween for a full refund. If you wanted to return it, you probably shouldn't have used it.

to that one guest who came in and spent $180 on clothes (and a few crafts) for a friend's daughter...good on ya!! She told me that the family lost their house to the flooding of Sandy and the flooding went right through the young lady's room. She had no idea whether the clothes were right so we gift receipted the whole thing. If I could have figured out a way to give her a discount I would have.

Ask your STL. We are in a heavily hit area and are donating stuff to individuals and shelters. We are already empowered to reasonably change prices. I'm doing it for people in need. Had a guest who needed diapers and only had $5. Gave him the up n up ones, $6.29 for $5. Target can afford $1.29. Had a guest short on cash because debit card didn't go through..prob because of power issues. Put one of his items on sale so he had enough. It was under $10 and these people got what they needed.

To that one guest who shouted profanities because we didn't have any electric carts available: Seriously, cool your ****ing jets. You need the exercise anyways.

We had a lady upset that we didn't have carts.
Did you miss the fact that we are running on generator and half the store is dark?

Ask your STL. We are in a heavily hit area and are donating stuff to individuals and shelters. We are already empowered to reasonably change prices. I'm doing it for people in need. Had a guest who needed diapers and only had $5. Gave him the up n up ones, $6.29 for $5. Target can afford $1.29. Had a guest short on cash because debit card didn't go through..prob because of power issues. Put one of his items on sale so he had enough. It was under $10 and these people got what they needed.

You all are great. This is exactly what is meant by the Vibe. That man walked out as a Target customer for life and I know he will spread the word.

We have signs up at the fitting room that say "No costume returns after Oct. 31." So there's that, too.

I forgot to ask my favorite GSTL today...hopefully I will remember tomorrow.

Seriously? Usually if you suspend the order, that's enough to get the"system" back up and working.

GSA tried scanning an app on another register and that didn't work either, nor did trying over and over and over again (she claimed this worked last time). We didn't even get any prompts.

I probably would have checked with my GSTL to see if I could give her 5% off. Usually when I plead a guest's case, when the guest hasn't even said a word one way or the other, the guest will get what I ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back