To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a combination of copyright & fed trade laws.
Because anybody can burn a copy of anything on a disc, you never take one back that's been opened unless it's to exchange it for the EXACT same thing. Otherwise you'd have people returning 'defective' games, DVDs, CDs, etc as soon as they could burn a copy & eventually the artists/producers/creators would stop selling their mechandise at your store.
Hence exchanging an opened item, you OPEN the replacement item BEFORE it leaves your store to deter them from simply going to another store & getting a full refund for an unopened exchange.
The only exceptions as noted in earlier posts is exchanging it for the EXACT item in another format - ie: DVD vs BluRay, PS3 vs Wii, etc. Even then, you STILL unwrap & open the outgoing merchandise.

to this jerky old man that wanted a price check, i put his clothes to the side & told him that someone was going to be verifying the price, he goes, "so you target employees are not gonna fold my damn clothes???" i was like i haven't even rung you up yet................ & then that awkward moment when he yells at me as he's trying to hide a bottle of listerine in his popcorn bag.

So i was in FA & sat like two tables away from a mom and her child. the baby was smiling & waving at me so i said, "hii there!!" and waved back at the little baby........the freakin' mom covers up her kid with a blanket and leaves. i've never felt so inhumane in my life.

So i was in FA & sat like two tables away from a mom and her child. the baby was smiling & waving at me so i said, "hii there!!" and waved back at the little baby........the freakin' mom covers up her kid with a blanket and leaves. i've never felt so inhumane in my life.

Wow........even with the full moon, the guests at my store weren't that rude. Around here, they're just ridiculously dumb.

Based on your recent posts, you must attract rude guests.

Wow........even with the full moon, the guests at my store weren't that rude. Around here, they're just ridiculously dumb.

Meh, it's probably all the tats & body piercings. j/k

When I was still GSA, I had two 40ish women complain about one of my cashiers who had a nose ring & medium to large ear gauges.
They: Doesn't Target have a dress code?
Me: Yes, they do.
They: ....and....?
Me: Red shirts & khaki pants.
They looked at each other disbelievingly & left.

seriously tho. i've been getting the worst of the worst lately, which is funny because i'm so polite & smiley to everyone so they probably think i'm not being sincere about it lol.

When I was still GSA, I had two 40ish women complain about one of my cashiers who had a nose ring & medium to large ear gauges.

that's funny cuz most of our employees have tats or piercings showing. sometimes a guest will ask the obvious "are you allowedto have those showing?!" ....."nah ma'am we're clearly not allowed......you know, since they're very much visible to everyone." WHY. DO. GUESTS. ASK. STUPID. QUESTIONS?

I LOVE that about Target! I had a piercing reject because my mgmt made me put a bandaid (lol so goofy) on it when I was working another retail job. I just wish they let the etls get away with the tats and piercings. I so very much wish to get a forearm tattoo but the lack of growth opportunity is what has stopped me :-(. Boo on that.

...to the guest that called me to ask a question about photo and had the screaming child right next to the phone as soon as I answered...

DUDE. ::rubbing my ear still::

Love this thread btw...!

To the couple I saw sucking face in the middle of Walmart Saturday night: Get a room! It's easier to make a baby when you have privacy. It took her a while to get her tongue out of his mouth so she could answer me when I asked them if they needed help finding any merchandise.

I LOVE that about Target! I had a piercing reject because my mgmt made me put a bandaid (lol so goofy) on it when I was working another retail job. I just wish they let the etls get away with the tats and piercings. I so very much wish to get a forearm tattoo but the lack of growth opportunity is what has stopped me :-(. Boo on that.

A couple of our ETLs have visible tattoos (and had them when they were hired) and have never had to cover them...maybe it's just your store??? One has a full sleeve on one arm and almost full on the other ;)

A couple of our ETLs have visible tattoos (and had them when they were hired) and have never had to cover them...maybe it's just your store??? One has a full sleeve on one arm and almost full on the other ;)

Hmm... I'm hoping the world will get a little more tolerant. It's my body after all.

theres an ETL in our district whos covered in tattoos, from his hands to his neck, as well as giant plugs and everything, that guy is so bad ass!

theres an ETL in our district whos covered in tattoos, from his hands to his neck, as well as giant plugs and everything, that guy is so bad ass!

WHAT?? I was specifically told DO NOT GET SHOWING TATTOOS if you want to move up. Luckily mine are all covered from before, but it would be nice to not have to worry about moving up if I got one on my arm. Seems like it does depend on the area you live in too. I'm in a soccer mom town (against my will!), so it makes sense.

WHAT?? I was specifically told DO NOT GET SHOWING TATTOOS if you want to move up. Luckily mine are all covered from before, but it would be nice to not have to worry about moving up if I got one on my arm. Seems like it does depend on the area you live in too. I'm in a soccer mom town (against my will!), so it makes sense.

lol there you have it, i live in los angeles, so pretty much no one gives a f**k. but target before states that they dont judge you base off all of that.

and for them to not tell you you cant move up if you have excessive tattoos goes against what target states about all of that, my old ETL had alot of tattoos also

One of our female ETLs has a tramp stamp (we got full view when she bent down to hug a little girl during a volunteer event) & one of our male ETLs had a USMC tat that took up most of his forearm (& he still sports a military-style cut).
Several of our TLs have full-sleeve tats & one has some pretty large ear gauges.

One of our female ETLs has a tramp stamp (we got full view when she bent down to hug a little girl during a volunteer event) & one of our male ETLs had a USMC tat that took up most of his forearm (& he still sports a military-style cut).
Several of our TLs have full-sleeve tats & one has some pretty large ear gauges.

Hopefully when I move up to ETL they will put me in a more tolerant area.

I'm in a HUGE "soccer-mom" area and the ETL that has the tattoos was an "outside hire" and had them when he got hired so it's not necessarily a deal-breaker....we've also had ETLs with purple hair and gauges too...

I'm in a HUGE "soccer-mom" area and the ETL that has the tattoos was an "outside hire" and had them when he got hired so it's not necessarily a deal-breaker....we've also had ETLs with purple hair and gauges too...

I know my ETLs and STL wouldn't approve, but this gives me hope for the future!! Everyone hired into my store is very pretty and clean, I was a little disheartened, since I thought the company was all about diversity. There are people with piercings, but no crazy hair and no tats really.

Some people go overboard with the tats/piercing and it projects a negative image. Probably the main reason most employers don't like people having them -- they don't want guests to think a bunch of felons work in the store lol. It's all about the image.

One of our cashiers couldn't work in Starbucks because she had a star tattoo on her neck and a couple ear piercings. They weren't even that bad but yeah :/

Personally though, sleeves on a chick is a bit of a turn off.

Some people go overboard with the tats/piercing and it projects a negative image. Probably the main reason most employers don't like people having them -- they don't want guests to think a bunch of felons work in the store lol. It's all about the image.

One of our cashiers couldn't work in Starbucks because she had a star tattoo on her neck and a couple ear piercings. They weren't even that bad but yeah :/

Personally though, sleeves on a chick is a bit of a turn off.

Well I definitely think there's a line, but a small forearm tattoo is vastly different than a sleeve.

Some guys might like chicks with sleeves though. Lol.

to the guest who was very obviously high...bless you for starting my shift with a huge laugh...it was ONE bug, not a bunch of roaches.

to the pre-teen and her dad who finished up my night. You were so sweet and good on ya Dad for trying!! Obviously a single dad out of his comfort zone. Thanks also for the little bit of flirting.

To all of those guests...

Please learn how to read a sign in its entirety.

I've gotten to the point where I just bring the sign up to the registers to make them feel like an idiot.

"Oh! It DOES say I have to buy something else in order to get the gift card/free item. Oopsie!"

Gah!

Also, to "those" guests. Stop trying to be so cheap. IF that product was in the wrong spot that doesn't automatically mean you get it for 70% cheaper. We can't help it if they picked up the jacket and put it on a clearance rack. And YES I went over there to pull the five others that you said were on the clearance rack and they weren't there. You're all liars and I can't stand you. Don't threaten me to take your business elsewhere... I would LOVE it if you did!!

to the guests that bring other stores shopping carts in the store (that are also red)...

are you seriously that stupid? you cannot tell the difference between the plastic target carts between these other metal carts? i love how some of you are just baffled when we tell you you cannot bring those carts into the store.

and to the the team members who will use these carts for their work... i knew some of you were stupid, but not this stupid.

To all of those guests...

Please learn how to read a sign in its entirety

I've gotten to the point where I just bring the sign up to the registers to make them feel like an idiot.

Oh gosh! This reminds me of last week. We had a lady who got angry because the shirt she wanted to buy rang up at the regular price. She insisted the sign over the shirts said it was two dollars cheaper. We went and looked and the sign actually said cuffed SHORTS for $15. She even came over to look and then got mad and said the sign shouldn't be displayed that way.... meaning we should take ALL the shirts off that side of the convertible and only have the shorts hanging there. >< So... um... now we can't expect our guests to know how to read? Seriously? Worse yet the LOD and a few ETLs were in agreement that it was misleading.... :dash2: HOW WAS IT MISLEADING? It clearly said shorts.... shorts...SHORTS! I guess the VA's are getting screwed every time the signing for sales comes out ... People should be embarrassed to be so stupid. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back