To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
to those guests who said "oh, Miss Babytrees, blah blah blah" a) I am not sure if you were dissing me but b) thanks for reminding me that I was wearing my name tag LOL

I always find it weird but sorta flattering when someone uses my name. A few brothas were looking for something and after I told them, one said "Thanks Dan." After a while they're looking for something else and they spot me and one goes "'Ey Danny!" I don't mind being called any variant of my name, but Danny seems reserved for playfulness to me. I rarely get called it, I just find it odd.

I hate when they call me by my name. I still get all "wait, how'd you know my name!?" for half a second before realizing "oh, duh. name tag." It's suuuper awkward if I'm wearing someone else's name and don't realize when an overly friendly guest is calling me by "my name." I'd rather be just your (anonymous) friendly neighborhood target team member than be Sher to a stranger.

I think I just have an issue with the idea of someone knowing my name when I don't get to know theirs.

I think I just have an issue with the idea of someone knowing my name when I don't get to know theirs.

This. I hate that. There is a regular I have in Food Ave, knows lots about me. It took me a year and a half before I knew his name. I mean we'd talk for a long time each time he'd come in and I even bought some coins from him, but he wouldn't tell me his name. My favorite regular and all always called him Log Truck, because we couldn't understand a damn word he said. He finally brought in a piece of mail that had his name on it and I figured it out! :)

Now I know what the GSTLs and GSTMs were complaining about. To those deal hunters, seriously.

I understand sales and deals are cool, but some guests get really nasty when they can't have their way.

I knew couponers were a bunch of f**king asshats, but that's just unreal. I'd risk getting fired to beat the s**t out of some of those people.

There's always been this one guest who comes in and whistles throughout the entire store. Yes, I'm fine when people whistle for short periods but this guy will whistle upon arrival and won't stop even when he leaves. It's just enough to drive me up a wall, because on top of him whistling there's people who'll approach me saying their shopping experience is disturbed by a man who can't shut up for a minute! Like most of the strange people that catch my attention, I named him Colonel Disney because he whistles Disney and Wizard of Oz.

Avid Whistler While Shopping.

There's always been this one guest who comes in and whistles throughout the entire store. Yes, I'm fine when people whistle for short periods but this guy will whistle upon arrival and won't stop even when he leaves. It's just enough to drive me up a wall, because on top of him whistling there's people who'll approach me saying their shopping experience is disturbed by a man who can't shut up for a minute! Like most of the strange people that catch my attention, I named him Colonel Disney because he whistles Disney and Wizard of Oz.

Any idea how to deal with him?

Go to backroom, run him down with a wave and tell him that this was his warning to shut the f*** up.

Now I know what the GSTLs and GSTMs were complaining about. To those deal hunters, seriously.

I understand sales and deals are cool, but some guests get really nasty when they can't have their way.

I knew couponers were a bunch of f**king asshats, but that's just unreal. I'd risk getting fired to beat the s**t out of some of those people.

Be lucky you aren't at my store. Ever see the Gypsy Sisters show? Those idiots come into all of the Targets with a handful of coupons, half of which don't work, and yell at us because we can't take them all.

An axe and a six foot deep hole?

I hate when they call me by my name. I still get all "wait, how'd you know my name!?" for half a second before realizing "oh, duh. name tag." It's suuuper awkward if I'm wearing someone else's name and don't realize when an overly friendly guest is calling me by "my name." I'd rather be just your (anonymous) friendly neighborhood target team member than be Sher to a stranger.

All kinds of this. I dont want these people in my home. They're not guests. We're not friends. If I want to extend my name to them for professional or courtesy reasons, that's my perogative (aaand earworm) but these name-tag shit is pissing me off.

It's the the teenagers who think it's funny to use your name over and over again that just piss me off.
The next step up from that is when they are with their parents.
It's meant to be insulting and a way of looking down on people who have to wear name tags.

To those two guests who apologized for being on their cell phone while checking out , thank you. Thank you for acknowledging that you were being rude and apologizing. You are good guests , I wish more guests who would jabber on their phone while checking out were like you and apologize for their behavior.

My personal favorites are the ones that tell the person "Can I call you back? I'm cashing out at Target." and hang up rather than chatting away when I'm trying to ask them if they'd like to save 5% today and every day by opening a Red Card.

All kinds of this. I dont want these people in my home. They're not guests. We're not friends. If I want to extend my name to them for professional or courtesy reasons, that's my perogative (aaand earworm) but these name-tag shit is pissing me off.

It's the the teenagers who think it's funny to use your name over and over again that just piss me off.
It's meant to be insulting and a way of looking down on people who have to wear name tags.

I had a friend that worked in the deli at my store, that he lost his name tag and had to wait forever on a replacement. To "speed up" the process, he would just use some off the roll of disposable name tags and come up with a new one each day.

Here are some of his names:
Voltron, Megatron, Indiana Jones, The Batman, Batman, McGyver, Superman, Clark Kent (SHH!), Not Aquaman, Scooby-Doo, Johnny Bravo, and also the name of two of the ETL's at my store he didn't like.

That was a lot of fun. Guests would have no idea who to complain about either, because who will take that s**t seriously?
"Yes, hi, I'm very upset because The Batman wouldn't help me?" "Uh... okay... *crazzzzyyyyy*"

:)

Last edited:

these both are so correct. I have a few regulars who don't call me by name and I like them better for it.

I've rarely had teenagers do this...usually it's middle aged men (with the same mentality of doing it to be insulting). I wish there was a FFF way to deal with it.

There's always been this one guest who comes in and whistles throughout the entire store.

Scream "OH MY GOD, LEAVE ME ALONE. WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?" ... He'll never come back :spiteful:

This will work even better if you get some stage blood to leak out between your fingers as you hold them to your ears while you drop to your knees.

I don't like the guests who like to sing to themselves as they shop...Can you say crazy???

To the guests who came in at 8am on the dot for Disney Infinity...go away. We ain't gonna sell out. And, calm down please!!!

To that other guest, just because you tell me a sob story isn't going to make me haggle with you on stuff in electronics. Also, brush your teeth. Ew.

to the 6 people i had to repeatedly tell that they could not use their coupons. PLEASE GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK! You made the end of my day terrible and I hated having to run from register to register telling you no.

To the guest that told me i was "her favorite manager at any retail store". Thanks for seeing that I was having a bit of a crazy day and taking the time to tell me you appreciate me and the others who work in my "friendly" store. The guests like you are the reason i love my job!

Damn. I skipped around the thread and saw that a lot of them were getting the games for free or 99cent and then trading them in for the trade-in cash. Personally, I think Target should honor it. Target's aware of the lower prices at the stores they price match, so they shouldn't make these deals that can have this kind of result. There should've been some sort of fine print... like you shouldn't be able to mix sales and coupons with price match and the $20 off shouldn't apply to games that cost less than x amount of dollars. You shouldn't be able to get $20 off more than once.

Even though I think Target should honor it since they have the tech to predict it and could've prevented it with a little bit of "fine print," a bunch of those people were dicks about the situation.

But the Price Match policy says you use Target coupons first, then if the competitor's price is still lower, then the price match can be applied. I mean it makes sense when the GSTMs explained it to me, if the competitor's price is lower than Target's price or sale, then they will price match. It wouldn't make sense to price match then apply the Target savings on top of that. That is why those deal hunters were trying to sneak in the reservation card after the price match and then got mad when our GSTMs were denying them. They said they could do the Target sale then price match the game to 19.99 because competitor is lower or ignore the Target sale and price match to 19.99.

But people still get mad that they don't get to pay a dollar something even though I think 19.99 sounds like a pretty good price for a video game thing.

To the threesome that was shopping on Saturday morning.....its bad enough that you insisted on walking back and forth in front of me while I'm trying to check on some of the massive chemical pull that the system decided we needed to do, but was it really freaking necessary to bow as you did it.....I almost needed to borrow the degreaser.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back