To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are much more sensitive to color than others. I showed my husband several different shades of paint for our nursery and he just saw white, while to me they were all very different colors. Same story when I showed them to my friend. Your guest may have genuinely been nuts, or they may actually have been different shades of red.

*chuckles* i can so relate. I drove my husband crazy when we were picking out the paint color for our laundry room. The shade of grey (four different shades I picked out) looked the same to him but they were all different shades (bluish tint, brownish tint etc). That guest may have uncanny knack for picking out slightest difference in shade or just cuckoo cuckoo. :p

Some people are much more sensitive to color than others. I showed my husband several different shades of paint for our nursery and he just saw white, while to me they were all very different colors. Same story when I showed them to my friend. Your guest may have genuinely been nuts, or they may actually have been different shades of red.

she was also talking about the quality of the polos being different....I could see a slight shade difference but they were the same quality and she isn't going to get the exact same shade in 5 different size/shirts.

To that one guest that I had about 3 weeks after being hired last year who told me I was a "stupid ************ing american who should get more training and pay attention to what he does", thanks for singlehandedly sending me on a downward spiral. I ended up hating working at target (I've never recovered) because of this f*ckhead. You're seriously lucky I didn't lose my cool and go off on you. Because I would have ripped you 3 new as*holes, and torn you limb from limb, and beat you to death with a severed arm. (Yes, I am still bitter thinking about it).

All because I had to punch in his birthdate for alcohol (Canadian ID lol).

to that senile old lady, thanks for making me deal with you for an hour while I had to show you every single movie that came in "3D", I have no idea why you insisted I repeat the prices and titles to you so many times, or why you created fictional sequels to half of the movies, I just hope you have the proper equipment to play "3D" movies because I was not going to open up that can of worms with you, at any rate at least you have a dvd somewhere in those combo packs

TO that one guest that managed to turn my last shift from agony into happiness with the comment of "You are doing an excellent job grabbing them carts!" granted it was 15 minutes before closing time on Sunday lol.... Still a kind comment. If I could write you a thank you letter, I would. In a heartbeat.

to that senile old lady, thanks for making me deal with you for an hour while I had to show you every single movie that came in "3D", I have no idea why you insisted I repeat the prices and titles to you so many times, or why you created fictional sequels to half of the movies, I just hope you have the proper equipment to play "3D" movies because I was not going to open up that can of worms with you, at any rate at least you have a dvd somewhere in those combo packs
Probably because "My kid is wanting a DVD for Christmas...some 3-D movie....I have no idea what movie it is. What DVDs do you have are 3D?"

Dear Granny

... I understand your Grandkids are important to you, and I also understand you want to compare prices and get the cheaper deal, BUT DON'T come into Target with a TOYS R US catalog and then get pissed at me for not carrying the "only available at Toys r us" items.
I tried my hardest to find the items until I took a closer look at the stuff you pointed out to me, until you rudly told me you want the young man that helped you earlier to help you again (BR TM that just so happened to walk back to BR after his break through toys and found a Star Wars toy that your grandson wanted -not a TRU exclusive item), until I got off my ladder 3 times because you had ONE other thing for me to look for you , until you made me feel like I was the DUMB one... and saw it was a Catalog from another store.
You stressed me out, and you made me wanted to choke you.
Luckily there are 3 NICE guests to balance your rudeness out. That OTHER granny, smiling and joking around, and just shrugging her shoulders and telling me she'll just keep checking back. That soccer mom that's happy to find 3 items on her list while she's still able to shop without the kids in tow ....

I hope I will never ever ever have to help you. And if I do see you coming to toys, I will run the other way.

To the guest who came up to the electronics boat and demanded that I turn off all of the interactives in the Leapster aisle because it was too early and they're too loud:

A) No.
B)Try working full time in a department where literally EVERYTHING that surrounds you makes noise, and then get back to me.

to that one guest who still didn't seem to understand after 5 different ways of explaining it that the 3 polos that you brought to me were really the same color, same brand, same material....and that the target store down the street is going to be the same way. I am so sorry that they aren't the same shade of burgundy (to you, to me they looked exactly the same) maybe it's time for a vision check.
My husband is "color deficient" and can't tell the difference between most "dark colors"....to him, navy, black, dark green, deep purple, etc. all look the same.

To that one guest who left without her greeting cards that the cashier had thoughtfully bagged separately so they would not get messed up: if you would hang up your stupid cell phone for a second and pay attention you would have realized you left a bag on the counter! Don't call me at the service desk griping about it and threatening my cashier with bodily harm, and DON'T call my LOD to complain about your own cluelessness!

It's going to be a long holiday season......

OMG. We have a few people that do that at our store too! They always wait to come right as the store is about to close and return so much Pharmacy/HBA stuff that fills 1 or 2 carts full. They like to come in and shop for all their stuff at our store too. I assume they just go to a different Target and return it there. One night a new cashier had to handle them. I felt so bad for her. The coupons were causing trouble and the people started yelling at her and she busted out crying. Its gotten really bad.

That's when the GSTL should be called over & look over every....single....coupon....until they get the message.

That's when the GSTL should be called over & look over every....single....coupon....until they get the message.
I would stated the coupon limit 1 per purchase. Then ring each one up separate transaction. Revenge is so sweet!

These are the people who insist that a "purchase" is not the same thing as a "transaction." ugh

Dear mom with the screaming child,
if he is screaming when you bring him into the store there must be a reason.
No kid screams like that just for the fun of it.
I understand if you need something for an emergency, toilet paper, tampons, Tylenol for the headache from all the screaming but this is not a good time to be puttering around in softlines looking at sweaters.

I had a guest whose order came to $14 and she tried splitting her payment with a credit and debit card and both forms were denied, so she just left in a huff.

I've also had about three or four guests who bring their kids with them and in order to keep them quiet they buy their kids an entire bag of toys and games to keep them quiet. I find that an "interesting" parental shopping strategy.

I've also had about three or four guests who bring their kids with them and in order to keep them quiet they buy their kids an entire bag of toys and games to keep them quiet. I find that an "interesting" parental shopping strategy.
That's a little better (ok, not much better) than parents who hand you some toy that they just gave the kid to play with to keep them quiet. It's been slobbered over and the kid's screaming because he's gotten attached.

Oh no the GSTL, STL, and even AP got involved. My STL was furious. I had never seen him like that before. Ever since then any time they come into the store they just have the STL, LOD, or AP handle it. Its pretty bad. Though nothing has gone down in a while, so hopefully they got the message. I personally don't like it because it messes up inventory on stuff so much. They go to one store buy a ************ load of teeth whitening strips and return them to another. Now one store had way too many and others are completely out.

To the one guest who came up to me and told me "I want this" and just held up the ad. Like I know what you flipping mean by "I want this" when there are multiple items on the damn page. Then you get pissed off when I decide to say "You want another copy of the ad?....* hahaha. So then she continues to just say "NO I want this." So I go on and say "The notebook? The TV? etc" to which she says "Yes." I had to walk away.

We have Crazy Cat Lady who always comes in when the huge bags of Meow Mix are on sale. She buys all of them and comes in the next day and wonders why we are all out. My signing TM said she saw her in a grocery store applying for a job and after filling it out she immediately went to a manager and asked them if they got her application. When she didn't get the answer she wanted she started screaming.

We also have YOGURT LADY (I dunno why I capitalized it all, it just seems like how it's supposed to be). She buys the Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie yogurt by the case. One time she called and we discontinued it and she went bat sh*t insane. Another time she came in and my TL allowed her to try the AF flavor but she didn't like it. We got it back last reset but she hasn't been in that often. She's now confined to a wheelchair; I think the yogurt was keeping her healthy.

We have a bum that sleeps in our parking garage's stairwell. He stinks.

We have a dude that stands in the corner of the busy intersection with a sign that says "HOMELESS. ANYTHING HELPS. GOD BLESS." He kinda looks like the serial pork killer from Tiny Toon Adventures where Plucky goes on the trip to Happy World Land. Anyway, he probably makes at least $30 an hour. Then he goes into Starbucks and buys a coffee and goes to his apartment building a few blocks away.

We have Crazy Cat Lady who always comes in when the huge bags of Meow Mix are on sale. She buys all of them and comes in the next day and wonders why we are all out. My signing TM said she saw her in a grocery store applying for a job and after filling it out she immediately went to a manager and asked them if they got her application. When she didn't get the answer she wanted she started screaming.

We also have YOGURT LADY (I dunno why I capitalized it all, it just seems like how it's supposed to be). She buys the Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie yogurt by the case. One time she called and we discontinued it and she went bat sh*t insane. Another time she came in and my TL allowed her to try the AF flavor but she didn't like it. We got it back last reset but she hasn't been in that often. She's now confined to a wheelchair; I think the yogurt was keeping her healthy.

We have a bum that sleeps in our parking garage's stairwell. He stinks.

We have a dude that stands in the corner of the busy intersection with a sign that says "HOMELESS. ANYTHING HELPS. GOD BLESS." He kinda looks like the serial pork killer from Tiny Toon Adventures where Plucky goes on the trip to Happy World Land. Anyway, he probably makes at least $30 an hour. Then he goes into Starbucks and buys a coffee and goes to his apartment building a few blocks away.

We also have people that stand at the exit nearest our part of the mall's parking lot. Their signs read "will work for food," but if you offer then a job (mowing grass or pulling weeds) they make some excuse about having a bum leg or hand. Seems they are know standing across the street at W-mart exit. Did one time have a stinky bum at Food Avenue that would sit there almost all day with drinking the same cup of coffee. That was until one day when some guests over there asked if the LOD could have him pull up his pants, so they would not have to at his grey underwear (I think they were white) when he put them on). The man got made and the LOD has to show him to front door. The man then proceeded to flash the LOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back