To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a guest today walk up to me yesterday and ask if I was an officer from the local police department where my store is located... I was like "Uhhh, No I'm just security sir."

I mean usually little kids walk by and say "Mommy mommy! Look a policeman!" But really... a full grown adult? lol whatever!!!

yeah but they thought I was a sworn police officer lol... I don''t even carry a weapon! :p

Redeye, that's like the saying you can't see the forrest for the trees. When stocking when I can't find the location it is often on a higher or lower shelf where I'm looking.

I went in to check out the latest remodeling and I was in mens and this guy said "Is this the only fitting room they have in this freaken place" I felt like saying. Do you see what is going on in here? Do you see the new walls where the old fitting room was and the tarp? Yes it sucks that there is only one mens and one womans fitting room but thats all they can do for now. They could have had more but blame the designer of Target stores in the 1980s for making sales floor space so small.

A question that I get quite often that for whatever reason gets me so heated is "Do you work here?"

No, I love wearing a red shirt and khaki pants (when the AC never works) with a nametag that says Target on it for the hell of it. I started just looking down at my nametag and then just reply "yes" to make them feel stupid.

A question that I get quite often that for whatever reason gets me so heated is "Do you work here?"

No, I love wearing a red shirt and khaki pants (when the AC never works) with a nametag that says Target on it for the hell of it. I started just looking down at my nametag and then just reply "yes" to make them feel stupid.

I like to answer that question with "Sometimes" or "Not Usually". It makes them think for a second.

I had a guest come thru my line this morning. Made the comment that he usually didn't shop at Tgt because he didn't like their position on deversity. I'm not really sure what he was talking about. Then he asked me if I liked working at Tgt. It was kind of a strange conversation. :confused:

I had a guest come thru my line this morning. Made the comment that he usually didn't shop at Tgt because he didn't like their position on deversity. I'm not really sure what he was talking about. Then he asked me if I liked working at Tgt. It was kind of a strange conversation. :confused:

He was talking about Minnesota Forward... a Big Business group that Target donated money to who then funneled money into Governor Tim Pawlenty's (R, MN) campaign. Pawlenty has ties to anti-gay organizations.

Seems like a rather dotted line to anti-gay politics! If you ask me Target was probably looking at the proposed tax breaks on large corporations that Pawlenty was promissing... thats just my instinct that target wants to keep its money in their bank and not Uncle Sam's!

He was talking about Minnesota Forward... a Big Business group that Target donated money to who then funneled money into Governor Tim Pawlenty's (R, MN) campaign. Pawlenty has ties to anti-gay organizations.

Seems like a rather dotted line to anti-gay politics! If you ask me Target was probably looking at the proposed tax breaks on large corporations that Pawlenty was promissing... thats just my instinct that target wants to keep its money in their bank and not Uncle Sam's!

It was actually Tom Emmer :)

But yeah, people totally blew it out of proportion since Minnesota Forward is actually a bi-partisan political action group. Yes most of the money went to Tom Emmer, but Republicans have been traditionally been supportive of low taxes, which is why Target did it.

It was actually Tom Emmer :)

But yeah, people totally blew it out of proportion since Minnesota Forward is actually a bi-partisan political action group. Yes most of the money went to Tom Emmer, but Republicans have been traditionally been supportive of low taxes, which is why Target did it.

Oops, my bad... :D

I kind of felt that's what he meant. I almost asked him but he left before I could. It's strange because about 20% of our team members are gay including our gstl.

Last edited:
It's finally died down in our area. Once in a while, some nit-wit will sanctimoniously remind us but we just ignore them now.

It drives me crazy when...

I'm on register and shut off my light to go home or on break/lunch (which we have to do on time so as not to go into compliance or screw up the rest of the break schedule) and guests walk up as I'm finishing my last transaction. I politely inform them I'm closed after my current guest, apologize and try to let them know of a nearby register with little-to-no wait. 9 times out of 10 the guests I've turned down get very huffy/pissy and make negative remarks about how they have to wait in line. I'm sorry but it's not my fault you failed to notice my light was turned off when there are 4 or 5 other registers with their lights turned on.

When working Guest Service and guests come up and place their return on the counter and just stares at me. I'm no mind reader to know what the issue is or what the guest wants to do. This is the conversation I find myself having more often than not,

Myself - Is this a return?
Guest - Yes.
Myself - Do you have a receipt?
Guest - No.
Myself - Did you purchase this on a credit card or with a check?
Guest - No.
Myself - Was it a gift?
Guest - Yes (or no.)

It drives me crazy that I have to drag it out of them. Don't just throw your stuff on the counter and say nothing and expect me to know what your situation is. I have to take care of sometimes a hundred guests per GS shift. I've seen everything... I can't automatically know what you want or need to do. It could be anything.

I could rant all day but this post itself is long enough for now.

I have no idea as to what's going on, pricing-wise. All I do is ring you up and get you to pay.

Please don't get all huffy and upset at ME because, spot-forbid, I didn't realise an item wasn't ringing up on sale or whatever other thing you wish to get on my case for.

I still try to be as nice and polite to you as possible as I try to figure out the problem, so please stop treating me like I'm evil and against you and sabotaging you so you have to pay us as much as possible! >:(

I have no idea as to what's going on, pricing-wise. All I do is ring you up and get you to pay.

Please don't get all huffy and upset at ME because, spot-forbid, I didn't realise an item wasn't ringing up on sale or whatever other thing you wish to get on my case for.

I still try to be as nice and polite to you as possible as I try to figure out the problem, so please stop treating me like I'm evil and against you and sabotaging you so you have to pay us as much as possible! >:(

I remember one time when I was backing up on a register a guest got all wound up because I didn't notice there was one of those coupons that they sometimes stick on products. As if it is my job to inspect the item, lady you're supposed to give the coupons to me.

I will never understand why people who say that they hate Target still shop there. I once had a guest who was buying a whole bunch of expensive clothes, and during the transaction, she kept talking about how much she hates Target. I struggled to resist the urge to ask her why she was there buying $350 worth of clothes if she hates the store so much.

It drives me crazy when...

I'm on register and shut off my light to go home or on break/lunch (which we have to do on time so as not to go into compliance or screw up the rest of the break schedule) and guests walk up as I'm finishing my last transaction. I politely inform them I'm closed after my current guest, apologize and try to let them know of a nearby register with little-to-no wait. 9 times out of 10 the guests I've turned down get very huffy/pissy and make negative remarks about how they have to wait in line. I'm sorry but it's not my fault you failed to notice my light was turned off when there are 4 or 5 other registers with their lights turned on.

When I worked for another retail company MANY years ago our head cashier (similar to our GSTLs) would stand at the end of our line when we were shutting down and would politely tell customers we were closing and ask them to chose another register. It's amazing how you can turn off your light and they don't notice that. All they see is your line is the shortest.

I hate when guests storm over to the service desk & snap that the cashier "rang up the wrong price". Lady, we just scan & bag. we *don't enter the wrong price*. If it comes up asking for a price, we're gonna call over a GSTL to scan it any way &, likely as not, it MIGHT be on clearance.
Can't stand people who get in line after I've shut my light off &, when I tell other guests that I'm closed, they look up from their iphone ("i" stands for "I'm so self absorbed") & ask "Oh? You're light was on when I got in line."
No it wasn't, you ditz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back