To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pushing in pfresh today, out of the corner of my eye, I see a guest getting ready to step up onto the cooler frame to grab a bottle of creamer she couldn't reach. I looked at her and laughing said no, you are not doing that. I can do it because I work here. I didn't have to. I could reach it. We both had a good laugh.

TTOG. Just because someone gave you next weeks flyer a day early does not mean you can use it. When you come up to my register on a Saturday night with hundreds of $$ of baby products so you can use the coupon that didn't start until today, don't complain and lie and say that the guest services person said you could you could use it right now. I tried to explain the concept of valid dates but you looked at me like I has 5 heads while you were rubbing your obviously pregnant belly. No, it did not garner any sympathy from me. It doesn't take a genius to get pregnant but it does take one to read and understand a sales flyer. Oy!

TTOG. Just because someone gave you next weeks flyer a day early does not mean you can use it. When you come up to my register on a Saturday night with hundreds of $$ of baby products so you can use the coupon that didn't start until today, don't complain and lie and say that the guest services person said you could you could use it right now. I tried to explain the concept of valid dates but you looked at me like I has 5 heads while you were rubbing your obviously pregnant belly. No, it did not garner any sympathy from me. It doesn't take a genius to get pregnant but it does take one to read and understand a sales flyer. Oy!
I had someone who did that on a Saturday, but she didn't have the sales flyer, she "saw it online." I don't care where you saw it, it still doesn't start until tomorrow.

Ttog, sure I'm wearing the outfit, but I'm also serenading yogurts (peanut butter dream chobani flip is bae) as I toss them into my cart with my purse and phone in hand. You couldn't possibly think I'm working. I've pointed out the aisle. I'm not gonna walk you to it, bruh.

We have this one guest who comes in every day it seems and goes through all the clearance and makes sure that stuff is under the right percentage off (ya know, 30% off items are under the sign). If it isn't, she goes up front and demands it for the price it was under. She does this the most in RTW. She'll buy clothes that aren't even her size. I wonder if she may be a hoarder.

TToG- You asked how I was doing and I replied "Good!" but then you added in "but what about your mental health? That's important too." I was actually taken aback and replied in... a pretty depressing manner but it was an honest answer. I really appreciated it though, and it made me think about how I shove my mental wellbeing to the back more often than not and I've been able to smile a little more genuinely now.

and

TToO(ther)G- I also really appreciated you telling me to drive home safely. I was closing that night and driving always makes me nervous, even moreso at night. Knowing that a stranger, and a teen no less, had told me that in addition to the usual "have a good night" "you too" thing actually made me feel better driving home.

TToG: The look of shock on your face when the AP ETL told you that we would not accept your returns gave me such a thrill. The indignity on you face when he followed the corporate script about denying returns is something I will remember until my last days with Spot. We all know who you are and what you do with your coupons. We are not morons. It must have REALLY chapped your ass when you called corporate and they backed up the ETL.

Maybe next time you won't buy $300 worth of OTC drugs with coupons and try to return them at a store across the county. Have a nice day!:)

TTOG: Congratulations, you got away with two $600+ push outs in two days. Probably not a great idea to come back one hour later, in the same car, wearing the same clothes, to pick up your friend from the electronics department (the same guy who unlocked all the merch for you). Thanks for helping us bust and internal and get an apprehension though, we needed the stat boost anyways.

TTOG: Congratulations, you got away with two $600+ push outs in two days. Probably not a great idea to come back one hour later, in the same car, wearing the same clothes, to pick up your friend from the electronics department (the same guy who unlocked all the merch for you). Thanks for helping us bust and internal and get an apprehension though, we needed the stat boost anyways.

Some thieves are so dumb they make APs job easy.

TTOG,

I am so sorry I had a slight freak out when you came to my check lane.

But I am TERRIFIED of spiders. Even/Especially giant ones.

You had no idea about my phobia and was a really good sport about it the whole time. Even though I couldn't look up or I'd start shaking like a leaf.

Even though you scared me half to death, thanks for being considerate about the whole thing.

TTOG: hey thanks for leaving your fast food wrappers, empty ketchup packets, stale French fries all over the fitting room floor! Also, for using clothing items as your personal napkin! Hope you had a nice enjoyable dinner!

TTOG: Man, you better be happy that the TPS who came over to the SD didn't have a backbone and allowed you to get away with your obviously fraudulent $300+ HBA return. "Care packages" my ass. HBA items don't spoil for a while. I'm sure you always have to make care packages. FOH with that "I spoke to corporate" shit. I reluctantly didn't want to do your first return and only did it because my TPS said go ahead. And if the LOD wasn't pregnant, she wouldn't have processed your second return.

TTOG,

I was out at dinner after work tonight with one of my co-workers, still in my red and khaki, and you recognized me. You told me how you were in my line yesterday and that you were so impressed with how I handled the (rather dim) lady in front of you that you actually bragged about me to your girlfriend of all people.

I got the warm and fuzzies from that.

<3

TTOG: Man, you better be happy that the TPS who came over to the SD didn't have a backbone and allowed you to get away with your obviously fraudulent $300+ HBA return. "Care packages" my ass. HBA items don't spoil for a while. I'm sure you always have to make care packages. FOH with that "I spoke to corporate" shit. I reluctantly didn't want to do your first return and only did it because my TPS said go ahead. And if the LOD wasn't pregnant, she wouldn't have processed your second return.
We had someone try and pull that as well, but their "excuse" was that "the person whose unit they were sending to was injured & discharged, so they couldn't send them now." Sorry, but just because 1 person is injured doesn't mean you can't send it to the UNIT! The GSA actually bought it and returned ALL of it, which, of course, wasn't purchased at OUR store. Even more peculiar was that she was basically returning EVERYTHING on the receipt, but NONE of the coupons had "adjusted" on the receipt so the total was WAYYYY higher than what she actually spent. Fortunately, AP happened to come by (who also happens to be former military), heard the BS story, called the LOD, and they started to adjust all of the coupons and gift cards (which also were all done manually???) She then decided she wanted to keep it all, but they told her they had "already voided the original transaction and would have to manually adjust everything on a new receipt." (Yes, total bs). She obviously wasn't experienced because she just gave up and said, "no, just do the return, I guess..." Totally dejected. :(It was totally worth watching all of this to exchange the clock I just bought the other day that was cracked when I opened the box~lol!:D

We had someone try and pull that as well, but their "excuse" was that "the person whose unit they were sending to was injured & discharged, so they couldn't send them now." Sorry, but just because 1 person is injured doesn't mean you can't send it to the UNIT! The GSA actually bought it and returned ALL of it, which, of course, wasn't purchased at OUR store. Even more peculiar was that she was basically returning EVERYTHING on the receipt, but NONE of the coupons had "adjusted" on the receipt so the total was WAYYYY higher than what she actually spent. Fortunately, AP happened to come by (who also happens to be former military), heard the BS story, called the LOD, and they started to adjust all of the coupons and gift cards (which also were all done manually???) She then decided she wanted to keep it all, but they told her they had "already voided the original transaction and would have to manually adjust everything on a new receipt." (Yes, total bs). She obviously wasn't experienced because she just gave up and said, "no, just do the return, I guess..." Totally dejected. :(It was totally worth watching all of this to exchange the clock I just bought the other day that was cracked when I opened the box~lol!:D
Yeah, that was complete BS. I'm glad your GSA, AP and LOD were all on the same page. If I wasn't already annoyed by this guy's cockiness, I would have taken the time to adjust the prices down (it took me about 10 minutes to process all the items). But I was way annoyed by the TPS's decision to let it ride. And the GSTL doesn't know what the fuck he's doing because he had the power to deny the very first return that my coworker did (it was another guy - and she didn't know any better). That's why I tell them to quit throwing just ANYBODY over at the desk without proper training. smdh

TTOG,

I am so sorry I had a slight freak out when you came to my check lane.

But I am TERRIFIED of spiders. Even/Especially giant ones.

You had no idea about my phobia and was a really good sport about it the whole time. Even though I couldn't look up or I'd start shaking like a leaf.

Even though you scared me half to death, thanks for being considerate about the whole thing.
I'm imagining this spider in line, on a phone. "No I'm at Target. I'll be home in about 10. Yes I remember Leslie's recital is tonight. Her uniform is in the dryer. Tell Jimmy that he'd better be off the ceiling w homework done or else. Ok. Buh bye. " (I'm afraid of them too)

There was a time when I could have bantered that pretty effectively but these days I think
"Norman!" A downside of maturity is that you know what's out there. So are the sb pumpkin coffees any good?

Meh. Never was a pumpkin fan so it's six of one & half dozen of another.
The original was sweeter but I just took fewer pumps. The new one is a little less sweet but pumpkin taste as opposed to 'spice' taste.
Got my kiddie Halloween lineup going right now: ParaNorman, Frankenweinie, Coraline, Corpse Bride, Hotel Transylvania, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, etc.

Clever marketing no pumpkin just spices used w pumpkin. Sort of like Chinese lobster sauce. Could be sauce of lobster or used with lobster. Ah devious and usually harmless.

I'm imagining this spider in line, on a phone. "No I'm at Target. I'll be home in about 10. Yes I remember Leslie's recital is tonight. Her uniform is in the dryer. Tell Jimmy that he'd better be off the ceiling w homework done or else. Ok. Buh bye. " (I'm afraid of them too)
That is not even funny. Not. Funny.

It's not mean, but I am so terrified that this image just scares me.

I'm sorry. I don't like em either. I simply had to accept them as part of my environment. Have you thought about a desensitizing routine? It works. Again my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back