To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I clocked out yesterday, I called out "hey this is (insert name) and I'm headed out for the evening" over the walkie. I took off my name tag and started to speed walk to the TSC. There were at least two guests who heard me and both of them stopped me. Both knew I was trying to go home and refused to let me get another TM to help them.

Their excuse, "you're still wearing red and khaki".

My excuse, no longer being paid. C-Ya!

We don't even have any checklane phones. They were all removed before my time, the cabling is still sticking out of the ports where the phones used to be. Some of the express lanes still have physical phones but none of them work.

I wish they'd remove all the phones. Some of the lanes at my store have them still, and they do nothing but get in the way.

To ALL those guests that wait until it's time to pay to CHECK for deals on Cartwheel....fuck off. Fuck OFFFFFFFFF!!!!

I've been cashiering this week, and it's pissing me off. Today I helped a guest, with maybe about 20 items or so. I told her the total, and the guest pulls out her phone, asking if anything was on Cartwheel. I told her I didn't know, because why the fuck would I? So she says, "Well can you just scan it?" It confused me and I said, "Scan your Cartwheel? Of course, did you add your deals already?" She mumbled about having to install it real quick. I said, "okay." She repeated herself, "Well can you still just scan it?" I told her that she still had to add the deals to it first for it to work. She still fiddled with her phone, and scoffed and gave me a look like, "Could you?"

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT, LADY?! Scan what? WHAT? What are you even talking about at this point? Do you think I can just type "Discount" on my keyboard and it just takes off some mystery amount of money?! What? What are you doing? You don't even have it installed on your phone, and it's time to pay, and you expect to just go through all your items right now?! You stupid fucking clod. Luckily she eventually realized on some level she was being a piece of shit, paid, and left.

I would've scanned her barcode & said "Nope, nothing on there. Sorry." & left it at that.

She didn't even have it installed though! And it didn't look like she was even trying. She was doing that fucking half assed, pitiful asking thing where they want something, but they want you to do it for them. I think she expected me to pull out my phone and do it all for her because she kept asking, "well could'yah?". Thing is though, I don't carry my phone on me.

I had a lady like that. She had a GIANT ASS CART of stuff too. And she didn't want to suspend the transaction. Right there she DL'd cartwheel. Scanned everything. Every. Thing.

Then I had this other lady bitch that why should she have to manually add the deals why aren't they already added and we just scan the barcode?? It's too much work!!

I hate people

She didn't even have it installed though! And it didn't look like she was even trying. She was doing that fucking half assed, pitiful asking thing where they want something, but they want you to do it for them. I think she expected me to pull out my phone and do it all for her because she kept asking, "well could'yah?". Thing is though, I don't carry my phone on me.
I had a guest like that Christmas Eve. Asked me if I could download it for her. Said sorry I cannot and left it at that. I had a line to the jewelry boat, hell no, not today.

I had a lady like that. She had a GIANT ASS CART of stuff too. And she didn't want to suspend the transaction. Right there she DL'd cartwheel. Scanned everything. Every. Thing.

Then I had this other lady bitch that why should she have to manually add the deals why aren't they already added and we just scan the barcode?? It's too much work!!

I hate people

I hate people too! Like bitching to us will make any difference?? I hear it's too much work all the time as well. Then don't use cartwheel. Complaining to me won't do any good, just makes me hate people more lol. I also love the guests who forget to use the cartwheel at check out and come up to me at GS, stand in line, wait until I fix their issue and give them a $0.15 refund haha. At least some of them are honest and admit they totally forgot about the cartwheel and don't blame the poor cashier.

I hate people

Now that I'm a guest (and even when I was still working) I always either have things added before I get there or scan things as I'm shopping.

To that one crazy ass couponing guest:
1. You're stupidity made me lose my brain cells that I so desperately need to keep.
2. I understand that times are tough right now so couponing can save you some serious cash, but when you're buying a $9 box of razors and you have a coupon for $15 off that $9 BOX OF RAZORS, don't look at me like I'm the idiot because I refuse to accept the coupon. And furthermore don't treat me like a lesser human being and like I'm the idiot in this situation.
3. Also do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Cause damn my mother would have washed my mouth out with soap.

To that one crazy ass couponing guest:
1. You're stupidity made me lose my brain cells that I so desperately need to keep.
2. I understand that times are tough right now so couponing can save you some serious cash, but when you're buying a $9 box of razors and you have a coupon for $15 off that $9 BOX OF RAZORS, don't look at me like I'm the idiot because I refuse to accept the coupon. And furthermore don't treat me like a lesser human being and like I'm the idiot in this situation.
3. Also do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Cause damn my mother would have washed my mouth out with soap.
Good for you! That coupon was probably fake anyway ;)

TTOG: I don't care if you "only have 2 things & are in a hurry." You JUST walked up. I was waiting in line and the gstl told me to step into the check lane that just opened. I only have 4 items, have my cards out to pay already, so you can get behind me. You're juggling a case of beer & a bottle of wine with your Starbucks and I have to pee! :p

Edited to add: I was not working today & this was not my store...

Last edited:
To the guest in the bathroom: You are peeing. I am peeing. This is a private activity DO NOT ASK ME WHERE PRODUCT IS WHEN I AM PEEING

It's easy for a guy, we just turn to them while we are still peeing and ask what they want.

TTOG: You were sitting in the chair next to the fitting room desk while your family member was trying on clothes quietly talking on your cell. The store phone rang and I had to speak a little louder than usual to the caller because we had a bad connection. So you give me this sly little smile and get LOUDER. Seriously? That was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back