To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG it is not necessary to put all of your items in produce bags. It is stupid. Bread is already in a bag.

TTOG thank you for coming through my line at 5 after closing time with 10 Rubbermaid containers stacked up. The top one being full of products. It was really great of you to stand there and watch me take all the items out to scan them. Also thanks for being an asshole about being id'd for your case of beer.

TTOG..Please don't roll your head and eyes at me while I am asking you a question about your suspended transaction. Your attitude today reminded me when my teenager doesn't like to do something he needs to do. It is not my fault you can't understand how to set up your pin and remember it. I am trying to help you but cutting me off and talking to me while I am explaining what you need to do just prolongs the transaction.

Using the chip reader is not rocket science. People are just lazy and can't/don't follow directions. Europe has been using this system for a long time and they don't have a problem using it.

I kind of wish we could just swipe their card to be honest... I feel like most of the time during a cashiering shift I'm explaining how to use the card reader or they're having trouble with the card reader. What to press for credit, their card is not going through, how to use the chip reader, their chip doesnt work, etc :rolleyes: I'm tired of having to hold their hand through the process

And why, for the love of God, why...do they stare off into space instead of answering the questions?!
And no one gets the signature screen. "Am I supposed to sign this?!"

It was really great of you to stand there and watch me take all the items out to scan them.
On days where I felt particularly PMS-y whilst cashiering, if someone left their full basket on the belt I would literally just dump their items out. :p I was not going to sit there unpacking their basket and slow my line down because they were too lazy to do it while they were waiting. Not while my hormones were raging, anyway ;) lol

Not while my hormones were raging, anyway ;) lol
Preach, sister.
I felt the same when someone came up to my counter yapping on their phone instead of looking at the menu board, have to apologize to whom they were speaking as they finally decide on their drink, THEN ask if THEY want a drink too as the woman behind her looks ready to throttle her with the strap of her crossbody.
Decaf for you; hope you enjoy the headache later.

Preach, sister.
I felt the same when someone came up to my counter yapping on their phone instead of looking at the menu board, have to apologize to whom they were speaking as they finally decide on their drink, THEN ask if THEY want a drink too as the woman behind her looks ready to throttle her with the strap of her crossbody.
Decaf for you; hope you enjoy the headache later.
I have been known to ask the guest behind if I can get a drink started for her. That can get things moving.

And why, for the love of God, why...do they stare off into space instead of answering the questions?!
And no one gets the signature screen. "Am I supposed to sign this?!"

Yes, Target has the chip activated. Yes, we've had it for months now. I'm sorry the rest of the retail-iverse doesn't but figure it out. It's not that hard. My favorite: guests staring at me when a transaction is slowed down because of their inability to pay attention: I'm sorry there is no audible prompt telling you to sign. I hear enough of the angry duck quacking sound in a day and if you can't pay attention to the card reader for 2 minutes, that's not my problem.

TTOBitch I mean subject: OK, this means WAR. I was fine with treating you like an everyday, run of the mill crackhead. Then, as you exited, you turned to me, smiled with all four remaining teeth, and told me sarcastically "Thanks, I got everything I needed today," and exited. With a stuffed purse, and without paying for anything.
So congratulations, your bitch face has been sent out to the district, and you are now public enemy #1 at this store. I can't wait until you're apprehended.
Cee yoU Next Time!

This is more like a "Guest Story" not a "TTOG."

The other day, this young couple came it to pick up an online order. They were an eccentric looking couple. The guy was very tall, bearded, glasses, and had a "I like anime" vibe. The girl he was with was this averaged height, nerdy, but hot nerdy girl. Also glasses. She was wearing a short black dress with red stockings, a choker, and long blond hair with bangs. They looked like they were either on a date, or at least a new couple.

ANYWAY, so while I was looking up the guy's online order, he started talking to his girl and I in a loud, boisterous manner. I figured he was just nervous and showing off for his date. Then I saw that his order was for 2 boxes of condoms. LOL, then his mannerism made sense. XD

So I went to go get his order, and asked him if these were the correct items. They both said no. Turns out there was a very subtle difference between the condoms they wanted, and the ones we had. I'm assuming they either have the same DPCI, or similar. So I offered if they wanted to go look on the sales floor for the correct ones. The girl chimed in saying that we didn't have them and that they're hard to find. They had just assumed since they were online, they'd be in store as well. So I apologized, and went ahead and canceled their order for them. While doing so, the girl turned to her date with a "Well, that failed" type or response, and there were awkward laughs all around. The whole situation was pretty funny.

2 days later, I saw them in the store again shopping and thought, "I wonder if they ever found the condoms they wanted?" and continued to wonder how the rest of their night that day went. Sorry again, we didn't carry the condoms you guys wanted!

TTOBitch I mean subject: OK, this means WAR. I was fine with treating you like an everyday, run of the mill crackhead. Then, as you exited, you turned to me, smiled with all four remaining teeth, and told me sarcastically "Thanks, I got everything I needed today," and exited. With a stuffed purse, and without paying for anything.
So congratulations, your bitch face has been sent out to the district, and you are now public enemy #1 at this store. I can't wait until you're apprehended.
Cee yoU Next Time!
Bring the pain.

TTOG: I understand you're very germaphobic, I had no problem wipeing down the entire conveyor belt twice over. I had no issue going to the CA closet to get gloves to handle your items. I had no issue wipeing down the inside of the cart before I set your bags inside of them (even though the items were already in the cart?) but i'll be frank you told me not to pack your bags too heavily and I didn't think I did but we have different opinions of heavy and when I specifically asked you what I should put with what you gave me no anwser. I'm a 20 year old man you're a 75+ something female. We have very different views of heavy. Please don't yell at me.

TTOG: I understand you're very germaphobic, I had no problem wipeing down the entire conveyor belt twice over. I had no issue going to the CA closet to get gloves to handle your items. I had no issue wipeing down the inside of the cart before I set your bags inside of them (even though the items were already in the cart?) but i'll be frank you told me not to pack your bags too heavily and I didn't think I did but we have different opinions of heavy and when I specifically asked you what I should put with what you gave me no anwser. I'm a 20 year old man you're a 75+ something female. We have very different views of heavy. Please don't yell at me.

My store had one of those! She came in every week for 8 or so of the jumbo packs if paper towels. Took 1/2 hour to sanitize her cart, held up the paper towels so the cashier could scan them, then grabbed a bag from the register behind her and bagged them herself. I felt sorry for her.

TTOG: "It just fell" my ass. You were holding the same thing and the she,f wasn't even full or zoned. I really doubt it just fell. I wouldn't even mind if you just say sorry or just tell the truth.

TTOG: thank you for asking if I'd like to go ahead of you since you had a cartful & I had 3 items.

TTO(ther)G: the guest asking if I'd like to go ahead of her had nothing to do with our race, sex, religion, or political affiliation. Calling the lady who let me go ahead of her a "racist Trump supporter" and asking for a manager was totally uncalled for. You had almost as many items in your cart as she did, why on earth would she let you go ahead of her?

TTOG When you asked where we sell hand wipes... I thought you meant to purchase? Not to take a few out of a package and wipe your cart handle? That's why there are wipes all the way in the front of the store... next to the carts.
I had someone do that once. She came and asked where the wipes were, then brought the package to the pharmacy counter, saying, "these were on the shelf, open" with 3 wipes in her cart (that weren't there the first time.) I totally busted her, though, and asked if she would like me to throw the wipes in her cart away. She turned beet red and decided she would "purchase the open container anyway" and proceeded to pay for them right then and there. As I was handing her the bag, I told her, "just for future reference, there are sanitizing wipes near the carts." ;)

TTOG that accused me of "overcharging" you, I told you that when the next guest in line placed their item on the belt, it accidentally scanned into your transaction. I apologized and told you that you could get a refund for the 3 dollar item at guest service. You immediately got an attitude and accused me of "overcharging" you when I had already told you that the next guest's item had scanned into your transaction when she placed it on the belt and I explained to you that this can happen sometimes. If I had fucked up I would admit it, I've fucked up before and would have no problem admitting it now. Also, the only thing that you purchased was a red t-shirt, I really hope that's not because you're gonna start working at target because you won't survive three shifts with that attitude. What is it about middle-aged women and severe attitudes towards retail employees?

TTOG: Enjoy your $0.54 and your shitty attitude. Thanks for waiting all of five seconds to start bitching while I figured out why your 2 for $5 rolls didn't ring up correctly. (spoiler: You got the wrong rolls) and immediately assume that my asking bakery meant I wasn't going to fix. The problem. I was already running transaction to fix it, the while reason I called over was to see if someone needed to fix the signs or put them in the correct locations. Now get your crusty, cheapskate self outta my store.

TTOG: Please stop your 2 year old from screaming "STFU" multiple times, repetitively, throughout the store.

BTW I just started working at Spot not too long ago so I'm not aware of all the protocols but is there anything to do in this situation?

TTOOG: There is no need for your phone to be on speaker. Why you think that's acceptable is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back