To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG:

Thank you for bringing your male youth to Target to teach him all about shopping and interacting with lesser beings like myself.
Your example should prove helpful when he grows up to be a man self entitled prick.
Please make sure you ignore all cashiers equally when you shop with your son. He needs to follow your example of ignoring direct queries, making exasperated sounds when inserting then quickly removing a chip card, and most important, he needs to see you sneer and make that little "uhuh" sound when told to "have a nice day".

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And to those other guests:

GET OFF THE FUCKING PHONE!!!

TTOG: NO I won't do what you're telling me to just because you say other people have done it for you. I don't care if you're in a hurry or that you've shopped here longer that I've worked here! When you've WORKED here longer than I have, then you can tell me how to do things! ARGH!
Especially since 99/100, other people have NOT "done it for her..." I always love when they try and tell me, "the other guy does it..." I ask if the pharmacist is the guy & they say, "no, the other one, he's not a pharmacist...." Our ONLY guy is the pharmacist! We've never even had a guy from another store fill in! :p

TTOG: Stop screaming at your kids in my store for no reason. I generally hate kids, but there was literally NOTHING wrong with your son looking at the toys he was looking at and playing with the ball he had. He wasn't making a mess, wasn't disturbing any guests or team members, wasn't blocking any aisles, wasn't throwing the ball around... He was just being a kid. But nope, you couldn't let that happen. But the real kicker? When I walked by you threatened your kid by saying that I would "arrest him" for being bad. Listen here, prick. Do NOT use me as a threat to your kid if they aren't doing a goddamn thing wrong. People like you are the reason kids grow up either being afriad of or generally disliking the police and authority figures. :mad: Hopefully the high-five, stickers, and quick game of catch that I had with your kid made him happy for a few minutes.

TTOEntitledB***h: As you were walking out of our store today with your two kids, you stopped by the door and made them look at the cart attendant, and said to your kids "See, that is why you go to college." Listen here lady, yes, being a CA is not the most glorious job in the world, but, you might be surprised to know that my CA is finishing his masters in civil engineering. Without people like him and the rest of my red shirted brothers and sisters working the jobs you consider to be pathetic, your world would be a lot different. Have some respect, asshole.

TTOG:
When you call the store main line, you call the fitting room, unless the phone is still on night service (in which case the call goes to clerical). Do not get an attitude with me just because I have to transfer you to guest service for your question! I'm sorry you had to repeat what you said, even though I said "This is the operator" and you asked "Customer service operator?" And I replied, "No ma'am this is the fitting room attendant." And you still felt the need to tell me your life story. I had a line of people trying to get into the fitting room who had to wait because you insisted on cussing me out on the phone and I couldn't check what rooms were open to send the guests to. I hope your card gets declined when you come to pick up your order and make your return.

To that one guest:

Thank you for having lovely, well mannered, intelligent children, and for being pleasant and friendly yourself. I'll remember your slight frame, brown hair, and kind manner with gratitude.
I'm sorry we had some hiccups at the register but your patience and upbeat banter made the issue easy for both of use to deal with and showed the people behind you that being nice and kind is indeed possible when checking out at any store.

To that other guest:

Your talkative little boy (5 yo? 6?) was hysterical and made me giggle for hours after you left. I could have talked to him all day but the lady behind you was a turdbomb with no patience.

TTOG: bitching at me because we are no longer Target and can't ring up your purchase because we have no way to remove the spider wrap isn't going to make the tool needed magically appear. I'm sorry you're "in a hurry" (aren't they always? :rolleyes:) and don't have time to wait up front. I literally followed you up there and there were AT LEAST 4 lanes with NO WAIT!!! You spent more time bitching at us than it would've taken you to walk up front!

TTOG:
When you call the store main line, you call the fitting room, unless the phone is still on night service (in which case the call goes to clerical). Do not get an attitude with me just because I have to transfer you to guest service for your question! I'm sorry you had to repeat what you said, even though I said "This is the operator" and you asked "Customer service operator?" And I replied, "No ma'am this is the fitting room attendant." And you still felt the need to tell me your life story. I had a line of people trying to get into the fitting room who had to wait because you insisted on cussing me out on the phone and I couldn't check what rooms were open to send the guests to. I hope your card gets declined when you come to pick up your order and make your return.

*CLICK*

TTOG: don't ask me to pull a box from the back when the one in your hand is fine, sure a few marks on it but perfectly fine for a gift. I pulled the one in the back that was more F'd than the one on the shelf. But don't you fucking dare dump them both in random places not get to hear me bitch in the next isle about the inconsiderate customer who couldn't be bothered to put shit back and wastes employees time. I noticed you slinking out of earshot. Just cause you pregnant doesn't mean you can be an entitled bitch..

Not having it today.

TTOG you say every item leaned against the metal on the belt so they would barely move. And then act frustrated that I'm slow.

TTOG it's not necessary to throw each item onto the belt like it's a game.

TTOG either stop coming through my line or stop being an asshole to your kid. Because soon I'm going to get fed up and say something.

PREACH!! I always have this guest that comes in with her kids (yes that are not very well behaved kids) but she is such a bitch to them I don't even want to do anything for her. And she usually ends up being rude to everyone around her out of frustration toward her kids...

TTOG with the little boy: I was struggling to deal with reshop and a line of guests waiting to use the fitting room, plus fielding calls. When your kid suggested I could get you a larger size dress to try on I was like ok that's supposed to be part of my job. But when you/he asked me to do it THREE more times after that, I was getting very annoyed. You didn't even thank me on the way out! I'm not your servant.

TTOG: You're probably 20 years older than me, and when I saw you pick up a shirt that I like but thought I might be a little too old to wear I felt better. When your daughter suggested you try it on, you were like "I"ll look like a fat cow in this!" I think you were probably a size 4 or 6, whereas I am a 16/18 ish. What does that mean I'll look like if I wear it?

TTOG: Nice try with the signs in RTW. Our shorts take up 3/4 of the back wall and there were signs over that section only that said shorts were buy one get one 50%. There were a few racks of tanks the TL put in the corner next to the shorts. There was no sign above those racks. Don't insist to our GSTM that yes there was a sign that said buy one get 50% of these specific tanks that also said they are originally X amount and are now X amount. The TM who does our softlines signing was working last night and came over to RTW just to see if this guest could in any way be correct because what she was saying sounded so ridiculous.

TTOG: Nice try with the signs in RTW. Our shorts take up 3/4 of the back wall and there were signs over that section only that said shorts were buy one get one 50%. There were a few racks of tanks the TL put in the corner next to the shorts. There was no sign above those racks. Don't insist to our GSTM that yes there was a sign that said buy one get 50% of these specific tanks that also said they are originally X amount and are now X amount. The TM who does our softlines signing was working last night and came over to RTW just to see if this guest could in any way be correct because what she was saying sounded so ridiculous.
I HATE when items are put "near" something else that's on sale! I had an associate (not at Target) tell me something wasn't on sale when it was on the SAME SHELF as the items on sale! The sign also didn't designate WHAT was "on sale," it just said "BOGO 50% off." That being said, our sins DO say exactly what is on sale, so it's not our fault you don't bother reading them!!!

I don't know why this child was screaming like she was being murdered? I don't know why this parent didn't take her out of the store? Meanwhile I had guests at my register asking me what was going on...they could hear it in the back of the store and could hear it outside of the store. This went in for almost 20 minutes!!! I couldn't think, make change or talk because I was so rattled. I've never heard anything like this except in a movie where the person was actually being murdered. Blood curdling screaming..."no no more noooooooooooooo, don't do it, noooooooooooo!" Jesus Christ shut up!!!!! At what point does someone ask her to take the kid and leave? Can someone ask her to leave because its a nuisance? Regular tantrums don't bother me anymore but man oh man! This one got me.

One more rant about kids.....don't take your stupid clicking guns and point them at me while yelling bang bang...I'm a stranger to you, not your friend playing cowboys and robbers. It's mean and parents who do not stop their child from doing this obviously doesn't get it. You don't point at people because it's rude so do not point your gun at me either. Why do some parents think it's ok to let their kid do this when they are watching them in the act. Just stand there and smile at your little shit because he thinks it's fun to pretend to shoot someone. You may think I'm over sensitive but you never know if someone has been in a situation where a real gun was involved...civil or wartime. It's just not cool to point that shit at people.

I don't know why this child was screaming like she was being murdered? I don't know why this parent didn't take her out of the store? Meanwhile I had guests at my register asking me what was going on...they could hear it in the back of the store and could hear it outside of the store. This went in for almost 20 minutes!!! I couldn't think, make change or talk because I was so rattled. I've never heard anything like this except in a movie where the person was actually being murdered. Blood curdling screaming..."no no more noooooooooooooo, don't do it, noooooooooooo!" Jesus Christ shut up!!!!! At what point does someone ask her to take the kid and leave? Can someone ask her to leave because its a nuisance? Regular tantrums don't bother me anymore but man oh man! This one got me.

Oh this. I opened one Saturday morning & close to the end of my shift there was a couple walking around the store with a bratty teenager && a miserable shrieking very young toddler in a stroller. This poor child screamed and shrieked throughout the entire store. You couldn't escape the noise. I was in a decent mood, so I just did my best to do whatever it was I was doing in shoes (which I think was pickup garbage && push a mountain of reshop from a sale) ... This couple just was having a nice leisurely shop day though. They ended up in shoes ... And I really just tried to not make eye contact.... But this kid was just insufferable, to the point where I started to wonder if something was actually wrong. But that's not my job - so I let it go. They end up going back across to the other side of the store while the teenager whines about how she wasn't done finding shoes. As soon as they left my vicinity I had three different customers approach me like vultures & inquire if I could force them to leave // why I hadn't already done so. In my head I'm like "pretty sure if I were allowed to do that, I've have seen it happen before today && I really wouldn't want to do that to anyone, that can be the lods problem to deal with. I just work here" hah, but I just kind of stood there frozen & dumbfounded as to what to say. Like I get it, it was terrible to listen to && maybe the other guests were concerned about the child too - but they really just seemed off put by the interruption to their day. When I told them I'd pass the message along to the manager but didn't think we would kick them out over the child, one woman inquired if I thought the police would. ..... Ma'am, I'm not calling the police over a noisy child. I want the. To go home, but I'm sure the police have better things to do with. Seriously .

Oh this. I opened one Saturday morning & close to the end of my shift there was a couple walking around the store with a bratty teenager && a miserable shrieking very young toddler in a stroller. This poor child screamed and shrieked throughout the entire store. You couldn't escape the noise. I was in a decent mood, so I just did my best to do whatever it was I was doing in shoes (which I think was pickup garbage && push a mountain of reshop from a sale) ... This couple just was having a nice leisurely shop day though. They ended up in shoes ... And I really just tried to not make eye contact.... But this kid was just insufferable, to the point where I started to wonder if something was actually wrong. But that's not my job - so I let it go. They end up going back across to the other side of the store while the teenager whines about how she wasn't done finding shoes. As soon as they left my vicinity I had three different customers approach me like vultures & inquire if I could force them to leave // why I hadn't already done so. In my head I'm like "pretty sure if I were allowed to do that, I've have seen it happen before today && I really wouldn't want to do that to anyone, that can be the lods problem to deal with. I just work here" hah, but I just kind of stood there frozen & dumbfounded as to what to say. Like I get it, it was terrible to listen to && maybe the other guests were concerned about the child too - but they really just seemed off put by the interruption to their day. When I told them I'd pass the message along to the manager but didn't think we would kick them out over the child, one woman inquired if I thought the police would. ..... Ma'am, I'm not calling the police over a noisy child. I want the. To go home, but I'm sure the police have better things to do with. Seriously .
I actually know of a case where parents were cited with child neglect after their son was heard screaming in a store. A concerned shopper called police, who responded and found the child in dirty clothes, an overflowing diaper, SEVERE diaper rash (I'm talking open sores,) and covered in bites. An ex was one of the EMTs who was called to the scene and he said it was sickening.

It always amazes me that parents can simply ignore their kids when they're screaming bloody murder like that. I may not have been the best parent, but I sure as hell wouldn't let my kid scream like that....not at home and DEFINITELY not in public! Obviously, if they're crying incessantly, there's a problem and it's my job as a parent to figure out what it is.

Dear Guest, please do not press the button and walk away, and then come back and press the button and walk away again if you need help. We get dinged if we missed it. I had to run twice from the backroom and I looked around each time and there weren't anyone that needs help. None of the pfresh tms who were near the call button helped out.

TTOG: I told you where the Advil was located (literally across from the pharmacy.) No, I can't "run down and get you a 50ct bottle. 1) I'm not a Target TM, so it's not my job, 2) it doesn't come in 50ct bottles, 3) you're closer to it than I am, 4) you're not disabled (and probably HALF my age), & 5) I'm obviously ON THE PHONE!!! Seriously? You'll "wait until I'm done?" Sorry, it's going to be a while, you'll probably be able to do it quicker yourself...especially since I called the store from my cell phone when I finished the first call :cool:

You can ask disruptive guests to either stop being disruptive or leave. Depends if the LOD has metaphorical balls.

TToG:
So I listened to your sob story about your wife and how she missed various coupons and Cartwheel during ALL of her purchases to Target within the past few days. Really? She went to 7 different Targets in a week, including one 1.5 hours away? Okaaaaay. And I gave you the refunds on the receipts that were in the 3 day window. But when you show up AGAIN, 2 weeks later, with the same story and multiple receipts? No can do, buddy. We are on to you.

One more rant about kids.....don't take your stupid clicking guns and point them at me while yelling bang bang...I'm a stranger to you, not your friend playing cowboys and robbers. It's mean and parents who do not stop their child from doing this obviously doesn't get it. You don't point at people because it's rude so do not point your gun at me either. Why do some parents think it's ok to let their kid do this when they are watching them in the act. Just stand there and smile at your little shit because he thinks it's fun to pretend to shoot someone. You may think I'm over sensitive but you never know if someone has been in a situation where a real gun was involved...civil or wartime. It's just not cool to point that shit at people.

I actually had two little kids with BB guns running around my store once. They weren't loaded and they weren't actually firing anything, but the orange tips on them were so small that people were freaking out. I took the kids back to their parents and had to have a nice conversation about why letting your kid run around with something that looks like a firearm in a public place isn't a great idea. #JustAPThings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back