To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
My zone is almost always HBA, and I'm a guy. I don't mind going in those aisles, but I do refer to them as "The aisle where I don't help people." If I try to, it just results in embarassment for all parties involved, and odds are I won't be able to help anyway.

The flipside would be if you DID know the differences between said products & could explain them in detail. The women would be standing there agape.
Awkwaaaaaard!

The flipside would be if you DID know the differences between said products & could explain them in detail. The women would be standing there agape.
Awkwaaaaaard!

I do not though. I refer to them as "The green one," "The orange one" and "The yellow one"

Don't forget the O.B. & kotex stuff too. Then, add k y gels, vagisul, monistat, spot brand & maxium on the end of the aisle.

I hate guests that get upset when we refuse starter checks. It's always the same thing "the bank said they're good everywhere." Yeah well, your bank lied we don't take them, I don't know if we ever did, certainly haven't in the 10 years I've been here.

I hate guests that get upset when we refuse starter checks. It's always the same thing "the bank said they're good everywhere." Yeah well, your bank lied we don't take them, I don't know if we ever did, certainly haven't in the 10 years I've been here.

Banks have been telling people that lie for many years. Nobody wants to take starter checks.

To the guest whose check was refused. "I'm really sorry, no I don't know why, no running 2 checks for half the money won't help (not sure about this though), yes you can speak to my supervisor." Actually the guest I had tonight was not bad as refused checks go. She was upset that her check was refused and did speak to the GSA, but she accepted what we told her and planned on calling the number on the check. She was an older guest of maybe 70. She was more shocked than mad, in fact she was worried that I thought she blamed me, to the point where she insisted on giving me a hug to let me know it was alright.

WalMart will accept them up to $50. Serville years ago I had to use them there to buy grocerys.

Something I wonder, why do the enfamil/similac checks always get declined when you run them through the computer? They seem useless if no one will accept them anywhere.

WalMart will accept them up to $50. Serville years ago I had to use them there to buy grocerys.

Something I wonder, why do the enfamil/similac checks always get declined when you run them through the computer? They seem useless if no one will accept them anywhere.

I never have any problem with them. I just hit K5 and rebate. It askes how much they are and then it imprints on the back like a regular check.

The only time formula rebate checks were declined at our store was because the guest didn't BUY any ("Oh, I thought it was just to spent 'cause I'd already bought some....") or the purchase was less than the rebate (small packets).

I never have any problem with them. I just hit K5 and rebate. It askes how much they are and then it imprints on the back like a regular check.
The problem is when most cashiers run them through as a normal check. They come back declined with a message from certegy.

Stupid things guest's say when approaching cashiers could be a thread of it's own. I would to add some of my personal least favorites--

"You look bored!"
"Need something to do?"
"I'll keep you busy."

Anyone here ever been accused of hiding from guests?

I'm standing feet away from my check lane with the light on and trying to motion people over so I can ring them up and some guests would be like. Why were you hiding from me? or something similar. Yeah I was hiding from you. Who in the world knows why I was motioning people over.

Don't even get me started about all the jokes about the card reader. Yeah your card has vanished and been zapped away forever.

Last edited:
to that guest who decided I must be an idiot....yes lady you had double of items...I noticed and I gave you a 6 tag because I counted and yes you only came out with 5 items. I do know how to count I promise. Yes ma'am I am calling the LOD because of you...you weren't as nonchalant as you thought.

to that guest...sorry you got so upset that I bent the rules for you and let you take 7 items in as long as 7 came back out....you protested way too much, guilty conscience?

to all of those guests who tried just barging through to the fitting room this weekend....I am a big woman I know it you do have to go through me and saying you didn't see me is ridiculous. I am not speaking alien either.

Grow up.

You're far older than me, so there's absolutely no need for you to act like you're five.

What happened in a nutshell: I had to get off, light was off for a while and yet guests still kept coming. So I told a guest that she's my last one, and to please let anyone else that I'm closed. She ended up telling another guest that came after that I was closed, and huffily that new guest left. GSTL comes over not a minute later, turns my light on because they would take over and called that same guest from before over.

... and guest then starts going on like, "Nya nya nya can't get rid of me now! I'm in your line again and there's nothing you can do about it!" Then to the guest that told her I was closed, "Ha ha ha who has the cooties now? YOU have cooties." and other quite frankly bizarre and downright childish BS.

To the guest who handed me a whole stack of coupons with the expiration date cut off : what is wrong with you ?
And why were you huffing and puffing ? The register declined all of them not me. !
Calling the gstl to my lane won't help you either !

To the guest who handed me a whole stack of coupons with the expiration date cut off : what is wrong with you ?
And why were you huffing and puffing ? The register declined all of them not me. !
Calling the gstl to my lane won't help you either !
Yeh, I just tell 'em we DON'T accept coupons with the tops chopped off.
Nice try, thanx fer playin'.

My two least favorite types of (rude) guests are the loud and rude cell phone guest and the entitled guest who thinks it's ok to leave their cart right in the line where other people are checking out. Combine the two and you have a cornucopia of inconsiderateness.

Today I had a man talking on his cell phone throughout his transaction, then he left his cart right in front of a mom and her kids who were next in line. I asked him to move it and he gave me the biggest glare, like I was putting him at a huge disservice and he couldn't believe my nerve. People that rude really piss me off.

Don't even get me started about all the jokes about the card reader. Yeah your card has vanished and been zapped away forever.

I actually miss those! The pens were way better on those readers than the silly red ones we have now. I always was entertained by putting my card in the reader...but I'm weird. Yes.

To the lady with the screaming children...I understand you were trying to prove a point to them, but HOLY COW. Returning the toys you bought for them while they screamed bloody murder and carried on for five minutes...wow. Just wow. I went on break to get away...and could still hear the screaming in Food Ave. I'm no parent and there's probably no magical solution for that, but I think I would have gotten my kids out of there as fast as I could.

to that guest who felt the need to argue, and keep arguing, a rule with me...really? the one adult, one child in a room at a time is confusing you how? Sending two kids in is not the same..and you are standing here arguing with me instead of going in there with the one trying on clothes why?

to that guest who got huffy and THREW all of the clothes you were trying on because you went around my barricade (a stool) to the handicapped room and threw the hissy when an actual disabled guest needed it. WOW, just WOW. The family found me later and asked if all the customers were as mean to me as you....seems like just tonight.

to the guest who used the fitting room to put the Circo tags on Mossimo black items.....hee, hee caught you and they caught you up front. seriously though...5T tags on big girl items?

The that one guest, it was raining outside today and shes like 70 years old and wearing a orange poncho, shes actually pushing carts into the store and im like WTF, so I ask her nicely, you can stop pushing carts inside, your not getting paid, and you should be retired, and she replies "this is fun", so I didn't know what to do bcus she wasn't harming no1, so I ask AP to maybe nicely talk to her since she wouldn't listen to any of us cart attendants lol.

to the jackass at guest services today.
I'm sorry you had to drive 5 minutes to haul in an alarm clock that wasn't working and our GSTM was more than happy to return it or replace it with a new one.. But no, your screaming, yelling, and cursing is NOT going to make me want to give you any "Free coupons". You're lucky i didn't call AP on you and have you removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back