To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's got to be more to this story. Why did a random guest start arguing with you?
She got indignant that I didn't ask her if she need help with anything, and I had the audacity to shift her cart, while she was on the opposite side of the aisle, to reach something that I needed.
I will admit, I had a pretty short fuse yesterday so I didn't roll with it like I normally do, but she was primarily at fault.

TTOG who tried to say I was stalking you just because I was watching you being shifty as fuck in the phone case aisle, fuck off. You were walking up and down the aisle extremely slowly, looking like you were waiting for me to go somewhere else to steal something. And a TL didn't just happen to be there, that was the APTL who I had another TM alert.

TTOG-

Im all for saving the planet and not using plastic bags. You had 4 jugs of juice and instead of politely telling me "no bag please" you just screamed "No Bag!" Then went on to go about saving the planet. I tried telling you that if you bring in a re-usable bag we take.05 cents off. Nope didn't care. I hope you dropped your juice in the parking lot.

I love how a guest comes up to me and says "Chip dip"

Oh hi, hello! Chip dip what?

"Chip dip."

I'm sorry?

"Chip dip, where is your chip dip?"

About 80% of the customers needing help do this. They'll walk up behind me working pulls and say the item name. I'll turn around and be say "Oh hello! How can I help you today?" and they'll repeat the item. I'll say "I'm sorry?" and they'll finally ask me an actual question instead of stating an item lol.

Also, I had a guest tell me to my face Betty Crocker should of been put in front of a firing squad for ruining the diets of Americans. That was funny, but I had no idea what she was talking about when she all on about healthy diets and things.

Last edited:
TTOG: Your speaker phone is just about as lousy as everyone else's and when I said it was distorting your voice I really meant it. I was not trying to be an ass. The solution was not to talk even louder while staying on speakerphone, as that just distorted you even more. Once you got tired of me saying I couldn't understand you and picked up the phone, there was no need to have an attitude. And yeah, if the item has the name "dragon" in it and it's not a toy, I'm going to be really confused about who you need to talk to, so no need to have even more attitude when I asked what type of item it was.

TTOotherG: You called at the same time he did and you were wonderful. You weren't fazed in the slightest when I said it would be an extended hold because I was with a guest and then a second one stopped me on the way to what you needed. There needs to be more people like you in the world.

TTOG: I'm sorry that I overcharge you a $1 on a $2 launchable, that you ripped the bar code off. It's my first cashier shift in 6 months, I normally work in the backroom and the truck. There are eight other people in line and I'm the only cashier that bothered to show up. BTY I stocked that food your kid is eating...

Thanks for trying to get me fired for somthing so stupid, then have our tyrant of new Sr TL yell at me for 20min while I'm to pull the 3's by myself in less than two hours.

TTOG: I'm sorry that I overcharge you a $1 on a $2 launchable, that you ripped the bar code off. It's my first cashier shift in 6 months, I normally work in the backroom and the truck. There are eight other people in line and I'm the only cashier that bothered to show up. BTY I stocked that food your kid is eating...

Thanks for trying to get me fired for somthing so stupid, then have our tyrant of new Sr TL yell at me for 20min while I'm to pull the 3's by myself in less than two hours.

I am so sorry you had to go through that shit.
Fuck people like that.

On something like no barcode I just ask the guest how much it is. If it's less than $5 I just give it to them for whatever they say. Not worth the hassle for so little. Now if you rip the barcode off of like a $20+ item you bet I'm checking and making sure.

On something like no barcode I just ask the guest how much it is. If it's less than $5 I just give it to them for whatever they say. Not worth the hassle for so little. Now if you rip the barcode off of like a $20+ item you bet I'm checking and making sure.

Our store has been cracking down on no barcodes. It's like don't push it.. for no reason.. find the dpci or something similar on your phone or my device.

Your leaders are gracious, now front end leaders are rated on how often their team uses the no bar code. So some want salesfloor to always dig those out for them.

Your leaders are gracious, now front end leaders are rated on how often their team uses the no bar code. So some want salesfloor to always dig those out for them.
Yeah my leaders don't care if it's not that much. I always check target app for high value or if the barcode has obviously been tampered with.

Our store has been cracking down on no barcodes. It's like don't push it.. for no reason.. find the dpci or something similar on your phone or my device.

I had one today with 4 of the same item with no bar code, no labels, nothing. Little cardboard boxes - I said I'd have to get numbers on them, just a sec, (cashiering, turned on lane light) and the GSTL went to look it up and this woman suddenly turns all bitch fest and says "the customer is always right!!!" I said "HUH" and she yells it again "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"

I said, "maam, this isn't a right or wrong situation, this is a 'we're waiting for numbers' situation" and my face probably said so chill the fuck out fucking psycho. Then she says they're 50c each. I'm like, I need the code numbers to put in the register and then they came back with the numbers and they were $2.99 each so eat a dick, bitch.

If she hadn't been such an insufferable cunt I'd probably have let her have them for 99c each but when you start arguing with me for no reason, your ass can wait for the RIGHT answer. And I hate hitting K3 anyway.

TTOG:

When you're wearing an earpiece you don't have to carry your phone in front of your face when you talk on it. You look like a pretentious douche when you do that. In fact, you don't have to talk on it at all when coming through my lane. Like, you can engage in the world around you, it's the acceptable thing to do. But if you insist on throwing shit on my counter and loudly discussing taking out the trash, do expect me to LOUDLY ask if you have a red card, coupons, cartwheel, how's your day, YOUR TOTAL IS $$$$NUMBERS, and anything else I can say to get your attention.
When you exasperatedly said "ugh I'm at Target at the check out hold on" and gave the the look of death, I almost laughed in your face. Like seriously, your phone call was about domestic chores and it couldn't wait 2 or 3 minutes to treat your cashier like a human being? No? Okay, eat a dick.

TTOG that keeps coming in with a whole bag full of nail polish that you just so happened to get as a gift, AP and all GS team members are now warned about you. ETL-AP has let us know that for ANY future return you will need your receipt or method of payment to do a return. Keep in mind this isn’t like one or two, but roughly $100 worth of nail polishes.

Its 11:45 pm on forth of July, closing in 15 minutes, haven't had a guest at SD for an hour. This time of night is when the usual suspects walk in with ugly ass torn up receipts asking for refunds in cash. So this guest comes in with a back pack, takes out some destroyed HBA item and an even more destroyed receipt, which obviously was picked up from the ground. I immediately call my GSTL over, as we always get the same couple of guys over and over trying to return stolen goods with dumb ass reciepts. As soon as my GSTL sees the items, she right away says we cannot do the return, and he would have to return to the store where "he" got them from. Of course he starts complaining, and starts to argue that we should be able to do it. She keeps denying him and he then starts to cuss her out badly and horribly. This of course causes me to get PISSED OFF. I yell at him to leave and GET OUT of the store, as he continues to cuss and flip us off. I was so mad, although I did not get into any trouble was just told by AP to go on a walk to calm down as I looked very flustered. People need to stop thinking they can get away with everything at Guest Service, we arent idiots.

I had one today with 4 of the same item with no bar code, no labels, nothing. Little cardboard boxes - I said I'd have to get numbers on them, just a sec, (cashiering, turned on lane light) and the GSTL went to look it up and this woman suddenly turns all bitch fest and says "the customer is always right!!!" I said "HUH" and she yells it again "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"

I said, "maam, this isn't a right or wrong situation, this is a 'we're waiting for numbers' situation" and my face probably said so chill the fuck out fucking psycho. Then she says they're 50c each. I'm like, I need the code numbers to put in the register and then they came back with the numbers and they were $2.99 each so eat a dick, bitch.

If she hadn't been such an insufferable cunt I'd probably have let her have them for 99c each but when you start arguing with me for no reason, your ass can wait for the RIGHT answer. And I hate hitting K3 anyway.
THIS. I am much more willing to "give it to them" if they're nice to me. If you're yelling at me I'm checking the price down to the penny.

TTOG that keeps coming in with a whole bag full of nail polish that you just so happened to get as a gift, AP and all GS team members are now warned about you. ETL-AP has let us know that for ANY future return you will need your receipt or method of payment to do a return. Keep in mind this isn’t like one or two, but roughly $100 worth of nail polishes.
People like to forget that our return policy (which in my store, we have posted in big letters) states, "Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange."

People need to stop thinking they can get away with everything at Guest Service, we arent idiots.
As a GSTM, +1

Its 11:45 pm on forth of July, closing in 15 minutes, haven't had a guest at SD for an hour. This time of night is when the usual suspects walk in with ugly ass torn up receipts asking for refunds in cash. So this guest comes in with a back pack, takes out some destroyed HBA item and an even more destroyed receipt, which obviously was picked up from the ground. I immediately call my GSTL over, as we always get the same couple of guys over and over trying to return stolen goods with dumb ass reciepts. As soon as my GSTL sees the items, she right away says we cannot do the return, and he would have to return to the store where "he" got them from. Of course he starts complaining, and starts to argue that we should be able to do it. She keeps denying him and he then starts to cuss her out badly and horribly. This of course causes me to get PISSED OFF. I yell at him to leave and GET OUT of the store, as he continues to cuss and flip us off. I was so mad, although I did not get into any trouble was just told by AP to go on a walk to calm down as I looked very flustered. People need to stop thinking they can get away with everything at Guest Service, we arent idiots.
As long as Target let's these people do their fraud returns they will continue to do them.

People like to forget that our return policy (which in my store, we have posted in big letters) states, "Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange."

Chick with her mother tried returning almost empty makeup last night. It was the "wrong color". I asked how long it took them to figure that one out. The daughter looked embarrassed, the mother got bitchy and demanded a refund, this time saying that her daugher was allergic to it. I asked how long it took them to figure THAT one out.

Oh, no receipt, paid cash, of course.

I finally got tired of playing with them and said "you can't return used make up when you're used up all the contents"

Bye Felecia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back