To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I don't care if it's "almost" the same item and this one is cheaper than the one on the registry because it's on clearance. I cannot flag it to be taken off the registry because it is not the exact item the person put on the registry. That's just how it works. You have three options: get the exact item requested, get this one and hope no one else buys the "right" one, or tell someone close to the person who has the registry that you bought a similar one so the person can take it off their registry.

None of these options involve me doing anything but collecting your money and sending you on your way.

Look, I don't care if it's "almost" the same item and this one is cheaper than the one on the registry because it's on clearance. I cannot flag it to be taken off the registry because it is not the exact item the person put on the registry. That's just how it works. You have three options: get the exact item requested, get this one and hope no one else buys the "right" one, or tell someone close to the person who has the registry that you bought a similar one so the person can take it off their registry.

None of these options involve me doing anything but collecting your money and sending you on your way.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Even if an item is not explicitly on a registry, you can still mark it off. Scan the registry, and one of the K buttons should be an option to display all items on the transaction. From there, you can "Pick item" for the registry. That'll mark the item as being bought for anyone else who prints out the registry after that point, and makes it easier if the guest needs to return items they receive, so that they don't need 800 gift receipts, just their Gift Purchase Log.

To the guest attempting to return a non-registry wedding gift w/o a receipt: Not only is it clearance but it's FINAL (70% off) so I can't refund you the 'original' price simply because you KNOW your friends would NEVER gift you with a markdown item (even tho I could see sticker goo where a tag had been peeled away the size & shape of a clearance tag).
Yes, I can understand how humiliated you would be having to ask them for a gift receipt. No more humiliated than THEY'D be when you realized how much they REALLY paid.
You're both shallow. Now stick the item in a closet until you can re-gift it.

If the guest before you wasn't upset at me or complaining, then what gives you the right to whiteknight them and then go and file a complaint with my GSTL for what I apparently did wrong with the guest before you.

Just... eff you. :C

Sorry, but you're wrong. Even if an item is not explicitly on a registry, you can still mark it off. Scan the registry, and one of the K buttons should be an option to display all items on the transaction. From there, you can "Pick item" for the registry. That'll mark the item as being bought for anyone else who prints out the registry after that point, and makes it easier if the guest needs to return items they receive, so that they don't need 800 gift receipts, just their Gift Purchase Log.

Ooh...thanks!

Had a guest that brought up a bottle of water to the checklanes while I was working SD. It wasn't scanning so the cashier called me over since the GSTL was on break. Neither of us could figure out why it wasn't scanning so we called out to the sales floor to have someone get numbers for us. No one on our sales floor team was able to find a spot for a bottle of water. The guest said he was in a hurry so he went over to the coolers on the checklanes and grabbed out a water.

About 2 minutes later one of our sales floor guys comes over the walkie and says "(my name), I, uh, found the numbers for the bottle of water you needed." I walk out to meet him on the track and I see a bunch of bottles of water in a cart and an empty carton and plastic wrapping from one of the 24 packs of bottled water.

Turns out the guest had picked up the 24 pack of bottled water but had apparently decided that he only needed one and ditched the cart, along with the 23 other bottles and packaging in sporting goods. :huh:

Needless to say my cashiers and I had a good laugh. :D

Had a guest that brought up a bottle of water to the checklanes while I was working SD. It wasn't scanning so the cashier called me over since the GSTL was on break. Neither of us could figure out why it wasn't scanning so we called out to the sales floor to have someone get numbers for us. No one on our sales floor team was able to find a spot for a bottle of water. The guest said he was in a hurry so he went over to the coolers on the checklanes and grabbed out a water.

About 2 minutes later one of our sales floor guys comes over the walkie and says "(my name), I, uh, found the numbers for the bottle of water you needed." I walk out to meet him on the track and I see a bunch of bottles of water in a cart and an empty carton and plastic wrapping from one of the 24 packs of bottled water.

Turns out the guest had picked up the 24 pack of bottled water but had apparently decided that he only needed one and ditched the cart, along with the 23 other bottles and packaging in sporting goods. :huh:

Needless to say my cashiers and I had a good laugh. :D

If I were that guest, I would just grab a water from the cooler in the first place - it's cold!

to that one guest who peed on the tag of the item they pilfered-please stop it!!!

I thought I had gotten rid of all my bio hazard guests.

So, a guest swiped his debit card, got to the last question about wanting it all on the card, and got confused. I find this to be fairly common, and I don't understand what the problem is. Anyway, when that happens, I always confirm with th guest that they wanted it all on the card:

Me: did you want the entire amount on your card?
Guest: no.
Me: how much do you want on the card.
Guest: I don't know.
Me: so do you want to pay for the entire purchase with your card?
Me: so how much would you like to put on the card.
Me: (staring, wondering if I should just put the full amount on to put me out of my misery)
Guest: (cancels transaction and rescans card and runs it as credit for the full amount)

Clearly there are nights when one should not be attempting to cashier while sober.

To the guest by the Downy fabric softener - I don't use Downy and can't give you a full product endorsement. No, you can't rip the label to see what it smells like. Also, I've never heard of Bor-team. I've heard of Borax, and that's what her husband said she used...and no, I don't know why we carry only a smaller size now. I appreciate her husband apologizing to me though.

To the guests I had on the register who jokingly said they'd trade places with me (since they were buying and I was "collecting", as they put it), thanks for the laugh! I needed it. I told them I'd trade with them, because that meant I could go home.

So, a guest swiped his debit card, got to the last question about wanting it all on the card, and got confused. I find this to be fairly common, and I don't understand what the problem is. Anyway, when that happens, I always confirm with th guest that they wanted it all on the card:

Me: (staring, wondering if I should just put the full amount on to put me out of my misery)
Guest: (cancels transaction and rescans card and runs it as credit for the full amount)

Clearly there are nights when one should not be attempting to cashier while sober.
I hate that question. If someone was going to make multiple payments, they normally tell you before starting the transaction.

I hate that question. If someone was going to make multiple payments, they normally tell you before starting the transaction.
That's not always the case, however. It's nice being able to run interference because a guest realises last-minute that they had X amount of cash or X gift cards to put towards the total.

What annoys me is how a guest will for one reason or another misenter their pin number, and instead of hitting clear, they just HAVE to cancel the entire thing and have to reswipe their ard. e_e

Or all the people who hit cancel instead of "no cash back".

What annoys me is how a guest will for one reason or another misenter their pin number, and instead of hitting clear, they just HAVE to cancel the entire thing and have to reswipe their ard. e_e

Or all the people who hit cancel instead of "no cash back".

It's fitting that they made those buttons bright red to match your new speed score, eh?

To that guest at guest service: No, we don't price match an 11.5 oz clamshell of blueberries with a 4 oz clamshell of blueberries from Sprouts ad, even if they are all "just blueberries." Yes, I realize that you have a rewards card from the grocery store, but that doesn't work at Target. If, as you say, a TM price matched these items last week that doesn't mean that I will.

And yes, feel free to throw your four clamshells of strawberries, your six clamshells of blueberries and your dozen ears of corn at me, screaming that you'll never shop at Target again. That will persuade me to give you everything you ask for.

That reminds me of the lady who left a bottle of cleaner with bleach in her vehicle all day at work when it was 90 degrees outside, and suggested we replace the upholstery in her car because it leaked. She claimed the "bottle was defective." So it was not at all her responsibility for allowing it to spill, it was OURS! I told her to call corporate. Total moron.

To the guest asking for help finding music she may like: I am not a middle aged woman; I do not know what kind of music you may like. How about go listen to previews on iTunes!?! I need to zone so go away!!!!

But seeing as how the "guests" at target are not normal people, that point is moot.

Honestly, I hate the last two questions, because people seem to get confused so easily, even though it seems rather basic to me. So they hit the red button instead of actually comprehending what they are reading. That's if I'm lucky. Otherwise they just do the first step and then go back to talking/texting and ignore the screen while I stare at them.

That or the people who stare at the signature box, confused, and don't sign it because they don't understand they were supposed to sign there (or let their five year old do it). Oy.

I swear, debits have become more obnoxious lately. People have complained SO MUCH about being asked for PINs now. I don't know why!!! Just hit cancel, then credit!!

When it is obvious they want to just pay with their debit, I just tell them to hit "Yes."

Usually at the lanes all I say is "Hi, how are you?" "Would you like to save 5%..." "Cash back?" "Hit yes" and "Have a good day/night"

To that guest at guest service: No, we don't price match an 11.5 oz clamshell of blueberries with a 4 oz clamshell of blueberries from Sprouts ad, even if they are all "just blueberries." Yes, I realize that you have a rewards card from the grocery store, but that doesn't work at Target. If, as you say, a TM price matched these items last week that doesn't mean that I will.

And yes, feel free to throw your four clamshells of strawberries, your six clamshells of blueberries and your dozen ears of corn at me, screaming that you'll never shop at Target again. That will persuade me to give you everything you ask for.

Applause to the guest who wanted her $204 prescription for free because she had to wait 30 minutes for it. Sure sounded reasonable to me.

Cue Condescending Wonka...

Honestly, I hate the last two questions, because people seem to get confused so easily, even though it seems rather basic to me. So they hit the red button instead of actually comprehending what they are reading. That's if I'm lucky. Otherwise they just do the first step and then go back to talking/texting and ignore the screen while I stare at them.

That or the people who stare at the signature box, confused, and don't sign it because they don't understand they were supposed to sign there (or let their five year old do it). Oy.

This!

Then there's always the comedians who read the last question "Do I want it all on the card?" and just HAVE to say "no I want it on HIS card" gesturing to the guest behind them in line. HA HA HA like I've never heard that one before.......

Then there's always the comedians who read the last question "Do I want it all on the card?" and just HAVE to say "no I want it on HIS card" gesturing to the guest behind them in line. HA HA HA like I've never heard that one before.......
Actually, I have said that. When guests comment on that I'll say something like, "I tried to find someone who would put it on their card but noone will." They usually laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back