To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there's always the comedians who read the last question "Do I want it all on the card?" and just HAVE to say "no I want it on HIS card" gesturing to the guest behind them in line. HA HA HA like I've never heard that one before.......

I haven't heard that one yet, but it's probably coming...

To the one guest that was fussing to her daughter that the whole back to school catalogue was nothing but a scam......#1) If its a scam, why are you here? and #2) If you are going to ask me about an items location, why do you hand me the book, and then walk away......i managed to empty half the cart I was pushing before you came back, and then when you asked again, you turned around again and left before I could answer?

we were having a huddle in receiving and a guest opened the door wide open and just walked inside to ask if we sold a certain magazine...no now gtfo!

To the guest who threw a huge hissy fit in my line this morning....you were screaming so loudly that you were certain you hasn't spent over $50, that my poor GSTL stood down at the other end of the registers trying to figure out if he should come rescue me or run the other way. I saw the relief in his eyes when he found another guest to help. Ha. But, at the suggestion of an ETL, I rerang the order, (remembering to get all the stuff from everyone who had ferreted it away in their pockets and purses, refusing to get the stuff out until I named each and every thing individually was extra special). And of course I got the same total of $85.....

Thank you for making me look incredibly good in front of everyone else. And I'm the lucky one: I only had to put up with you for five minutes. You all have to live with each other.

To the guest who threw a huge hissy fit in my line this morning....you were screaming so loudly that you were certain you hasn't spent over $50, that my poor GSTL stood down at the other end of the registers trying to figure out if he should come rescue me or run the other way. I saw the relief in his eyes when he found another guest to help. Ha. But, at the suggestion of an ETL, I rerang the order, (remembering to get all the stuff from everyone who had ferreted it away in their pockets and purses, refusing to get the stuff out until I named each and every thing individually was extra special). And of course I got the same total of $85.....

Gtc to rg!
Thank you for making me look incredibly good in front of everyone else. And I'm the lucky one: I only had to put up with you for five minutes. You all have to live with each other.

I have really begun to wonder if most people can't read. When some guests run their card they will stare at the pin pad confused, as if they've never seen one. Eventually they will ask " how do I do this as credit?" One day I will say "can't you read, it says put in your pin or press cancel to run as credit." But I don't I just say press cancel to run as credit. Signing is another difficult task. I will tell them to "sign in the box above the line" and they will sign right on the line and of course, hit the 'pay another way' button. They will look at me all confused and say, "it disappeared." I will just hit my credit button and complete the transaction telling them not to worry. Actually I hate the placement of that button, it should sit above the box where it's out of the way.

Yeah, I can't decide if the button is in a crummy spot or if people need to just sign in the box and not on the line.

There are some stores where it truly doesn't say how to get to credit. And of course every place is different. The fact that ours says it and people still don't get it slays me.

Yeah, I can't decide if the button is in a crummy spot or if people need to just sign in the box and not on the line.

There are some stores where it truly doesn't say how to get to credit. And of course every place is different. The fact that ours says it and people still don't get it slays me.

Ya ours doesnt say...it just has the pin enter and has cancel but nothing saying hit cancel to do credit. Its not that annoying, if someone wants to use credit they usually ask and I say oh just hit cancel and it will bring it up.

If it didn't say that, I would truly understand the question. But since ours does, I just wish people would read it. Maybe it should be in text lingo?

I had several guests today ask how to get out of the store....

hmm, maybe try the way you came in? OMG!

I've heard that one myself, more than once. One time recently, the lady was actually walking toward the front on the racetrack already, almost there.

The whole card reader signature interface is poorly designed. It's natural to want to start writing ON the line, instead of above it. Our whole lives, if we've been given something with lines to write on, the line is the base. So requiring people to start above that bottom line PLUS putting the "Pay another way too" button right there is a recipe for disaster.

Now, when a guest is at the Cash Back screen and hits cancel instead of the ginormous "NO CASH BACK" button taking up half the screen, it's their own damn fault. Target did everything they could there.

To the mom who left her 4 kids at Target Cafe with a table-full of food/snacks/drinks while she shopped:
You are a horrible mother. The 2 younger ones started arguing with each other, then with the older siblings who tried to shush them. They disturbed another mom trying to feed her baby & eventually launched a food fight. When our FATL went out to sternly reproach them, you magically appeared & they ran off to meet you leaving a huge mess behind. If you can't do any better than this, you've got no business having kids.
Next time, I will PERSONALLY tell them that there is a deranged child-kidnapper/killer on the loose & they'd better stay close to you.

To the mom who left her 4 kids at Target Cafe with a table-full of food/snacks/drinks while she shopped:
You are a horrible mother. The 2 younger ones started arguing with each other, then with the older siblings who tried to shush them. They disturbed another mom trying to feed her baby & eventually launched a food fight. When our FATL went out to sternly reproach them, you magically appeared & they ran off to meet you leaving a huge mess behind. If you can't do any better than this, you've got no business having kids.
Next time, I will PERSONALLY tell them that there is a deranged child-kidnapper/killer on the loose & they'd better stay close to you.

When I worked food ave this was something that happened occasionally. If the kids were young I would try to ask them where their mom was and if they said she was shopping I called the LOD who came and would find out the mom's name from the kids. She would then have her paged to come to guest services where she would be told that if she EVER left her kids alone in FA again the police would be called. I remember one such mom told the LOD that "the girl" (me) was there so they weren't alone. My LOD said that her team member was not the mother's personal babysitter and repeated that she would call the cops the next time it happened. I could have hugged my LOD that day. Oh and as for being called "the girl", well being in my 50s it was all I could do not to laugh hysterically at the 20 something mom.

Another one was a lady trying to use a coupon on a item. She hands me the coupon and I look at it and the item and clearly see they don't match. The brand name matchs but the item itself wasn't so I told her it didn't match. She became upset and raised her voice saying other cashiers accept it, I kindly tell her that other cashiers aren't doing their job right then. She says just scan it and see if it accepts it, so I tell her that's not how it works. If the brand name matches, the coupon will be accepted by the register because it doesn't know any better, but we can't accept it.
So she just grabs her things says she is going to go to another lane, she does and I tell the cashier to double check the coupons, she doesn't and accepts it -.-
Lady walks out the store giving me a dirty look.

I cannot stand when guests ask/tell me to just scan the coupon to see if it will work. Where do people get these ideas from?! It drives me insane. I always call AP and/or the GSTL over when I have a guest like this to ensure that the guest doesn't go to a different register and try to do the same thing.

It's called "coupon de-coding" & it's basically scamming the manf's coding system.
Manufactors will use several generic barcodes for their products. The less-than-honest couponers have figured this out so they try to get the cashier to scan/accept it. They'll look for a newbie cashier they can bully or, if dealing with an experienced cashier, berate them until theyor management give in (it's only a $1!).
2 things to remember: if it doesn't match, Target doesn't get reimbursed. Target's own policy states that we reserve the right to refuse a coupon.
It also affects our honest couponers.

Ugh. My back hurts. Please, please leave the 25 lb container of cat litter or the 24 pk of water in your cart.

To that 85 year old guest tonight who kept pulling back the prepaid cell phone displays and letting them snap back quickly, what was the point of you doing that. It was one of the stranger things I had seen in a while, plus he was doing it for about a hour

Here's a convo I overheard between a mother and son as I was zoning in the same aisle...

Young Son: "but I don't want you to choke me."
Mother: "but I like choking you!"
Son: "why do you want to choke me mommy?"
Mother: "because it's fun!"
Son: "but I don't like when you choke me!"
...goes on two more times until they leave the aisle

It was so nonchalant. HUH?

To the teenage kid who stepped in front of the flat I was pushing and proceeded to slowly stroll along.
When I saw an opening I tried to go around you and your mom and you moved to get in front of me again to keep the game going.
hahahaha, very funny I'm sure, to your teenage mind.
Next time you pull something like that, I'm going to break our safety record and take out your ankles.

No, we don't have paper bags. No, I really don't care that the Super Target down the street has them. Turns out, we are not a Super Target...thus we might not have what they have. Suck it up. Your one small item barely needed the plastic bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back