To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I actually do know a little bit about the Towers & Would like to give some insight on this..

You know that Black Pad on the GS & Electronics Boat that says "CheckPoint", well that's basically a mini magnet destroyer. You see, when companies ship us Pre-Tagged items (also know as sourcetags) they include two security tags to function with alarms @ Walmart & Target & other retailers.

Well, what happens is, when a item is swiped over that Black Pad (there also built into the grey scanners, on checklanes) a magnetic pulse destroys the circuit of the security tag, rendering it useless. However, our pads are only designed to destroy the tags for our security towers/door alarms.. and not other retailers. So, if a guest takes a item into another store, and they use that other brand of alarms, they will set off the alarms..

As far as AP/Store Concern, as long as the tags are not tripping our alarms after a legitimate purchase. We simply don't care...

Awesome explanation.

So, I actually do know a little bit about the Towers & Would like to give some insight on this..

You know that Black Pad on the GS & Electronics Boat that says "CheckPoint", well that's basically a mini magnet destroyer. You see, when companies ship us Pre-Tagged items (also know as sourcetags) they include two security tags to function with alarms @ Walmart & Target & other retailers.

Well, what happens is, when a item is swiped over that Black Pad (there also built into the grey scanners, on checklanes) a magnetic pulse destroys the circuit of the security tag, rendering it useless. However, our pads are only designed to destroy the tags for our security towers/door alarms.. and not other retailers. So, if a guest takes a item into another store, and they use that other brand of alarms, they will set off the alarms..

As far as AP/Store Concern, as long as the tags are not tripping our alarms after a legitimate purchase. We simply don't care...

Thank you for this! I still maintain that if it was our MP3 player that set off the store's alarms, it should have set them off going IN to their store as well, thus maybe causing her to pause then to be sure it wouldn't be a problem when they left. But out of everything I was dealing with at that second, it was filed as, "not my problem."

Thank you for this! I still maintain that if it was our MP3 player that set off the store's alarms, it should have set them off going IN to their store as well, thus maybe causing her to pause then to be sure it wouldn't be a problem when they left.

Yeah if the (other) tag was still active on that MP3 Player.. she would have tripped the alarms going in & out of that other store..

a friend emailed this you tube video on black friday prank at spot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNTgwzt7iY
its has over 6.4 million hits.

One Guest bought this specific phone..
http://www.target.com/p/uniden-dect-6-0-cordless-phone-system-d1660-silver/-/A-13631268

And convinced a Photo TM to place it in the phone base behind GS. Guess what? The Phone connected to that base station, and such guest started answering calls.. Additionally, they weren't so nice either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJl3BYKrG4

Do these magnetic pulses ruin credit cards? I once had a guest come to guest service because she claims her wallet sets off the towers every time she came in, so I quickly swiped her wallet once over the black pad, and it worked. I then realized what I may have done but she walked away. Did I just ruin all her credit cards??

I thought you weren't supposed to put credit cards on them (from personal experience, not anything anyone has told me) but people do it all the time.

My understanding is that one shot is no big deal.
If you left it on the pad or like a friend did and put his wallet under a pad while he was working...
Yea, say goodbye to your cards.

To the guest who made my day:
i'm sorry for the inconvenience we caused you today but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being so patient and understanding today! It was my fault but you were so gracious and understanding of how busy it was and how mistakes can happen. It was my pleasure to buy you some starbucks while you waited for us to fix the mistake for you.

To the guest who tried to ruin my day:
I'm sorry to inform you that the world does not revolve around you. The GSTM was correct in telling you on Sunday that we could not price match a target.com price for the weekend. I get that you think that because it says it's on sale at target.com we should be able to give it to you but we were told not to price match this weekend and we have to stand by that. There was no need to come in screaming that she was rude to you by pointing out that the website said "online price only. price may vary in stores." It was the truth and not her being rude. I did love your face though when AP was walking you out after calling me a Fing C. Now that made my day!

To that one guest: you are the reason I don't hate retail. You and your wife came through my line, and just had a few things. You were eying those tums like a kids eyes the candy on the belt. And I gave them to you as soon as I scanned them. I told you I completely understood as we had enchiladas in the break room that night. So after opening the bottle, you offered me one! I, of course, politely refused at first but then took one at your insistence. Thank you! It made me feel much better. I nearly wrote you a vibe card.

Last edited:
to that one guest-if you are going to crank call from the in house phone saying that you pooped in aisle 2...at least realize that we don't have an aisle 2, they have a letter also. And thanks for keeping up our AP's opinions that I get all the nutters in my shifts at the fitting room.

to the guest who came out of the fitting room today while I was covering the break to tell me that I have awesome customer service. After I bit my tongue so I wouldn't say you are guests I was absolutely floored...I realized that you had begun your time in the fitting room with the one I was covering for, who I know can be a witch. Thank you for making my week and help me finish my shift on an up note.

To that one guest: If there's not one, not two, but three closed signs in and around the bathroom, don't get snippy if somebody asks if you read the signs when you barge in. Insisting that the bathroom being closed doesn't apply to you...uh...I'm pretty sure the whole definition means it's off limits to everybody including you. Saying you'll never shop here again, fine by us.

To this one guest who is notoriously a pain the in the butt (she used to "cycle" out Christmas clearance from different stores that had it at different rates until we finally put the kabosh on that) and asked me yesterday when was the best time to come in for empty egg carton boxes...like I'm going to go sort through a pile of boxes for that? I don't think so. And no, there really is no "good" time to come in for that either; eggs come out on random pulls. Ugh, go bother someone else.

To this one guest who is notoriously a pain the in the butt (she used to "cycle" out Christmas clearance from different stores that had it at different rates until we finally put the kabosh on that) and asked me yesterday when was the best time to come in for empty egg carton boxes...like I'm going to go sort through a pile of boxes for that? I don't think so. And no, there really is no "good" time to come in for that either; eggs come out on random pulls. Ugh, go bother someone else.

What egg cartons? That's weird.

To that one guest doing the exchange (and by one, I mean half of you), no, those products are not "the same" and I need to return one and give you the other in the proper way. If they really were "the same" as you claim, you wouldn't be in here looking for a differen size, color, pattern, etc, and you wouldn't mind walking out with the one you came in with.

To that one guest who argued with me to no end. I tried to reason with you that the toy you thought was half off was probably hit by a cart and moved over a spot on the bottom shelf but you would have none of it. Had you not said the magic phrase ("can I talk to your manager?") you would not have got it. I know from experience that as soon as I call the LOD over they give in to the guests demand so I was simply saving them a step. The holiday season is definetley here...

To all the asshats calling the pharmacy asking for different departments, then getting pissy because we simply transfer you to the operator (or whatever department), call the effing STORE NUMBER if you don't want to be transferred. We don't have the ability to "page" the electronics/seasonal/toys/Starbucks department and I certainly don't have time to "just run on over there and see if we have X in stock"! :angry:

ME: Yes, with your Red Card your are entitled to Free Shipping.
GUEST: How long will it take for this to get to my daughter?
ME: IDK. Perhaps you should check with the post office.
GUEST: Well, they said I got free shipping when I signed up for the RC, so are you going to ship it or not?
ME: <cue sound bite of muffled scream and head banging/hair tearing>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back