To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first started working I had this one guest stick a $8.00 sticker on a $30.00 item.
When I punched in the DPCI for the item, it gave me "30ct Pens" (something like that) as the description.
I looked at the guest and said "That's weird. This is a dress not a pack of pens."
She got all defensive and told me she didn't want it anymore.

TIP: If you're going to switch tickets, at least pick an item with a similar description.

To many, many, oh so many guests: stop setting down, and picking up your item(s) off the belt, it will stop on its own, better yet use a f***ing divider. Also, don't be surprised when the belt moves because you decide to use it as a damn counter top to count your money. It's not funny either...so don't be surprised when I'm not laughing.

To many, many, oh so many guests: stop setting down, and picking up your item(s) off the belt, it will stop on its own, better yet use a f***ing divider. Also, don't be surprised when the belt moves because you decide to use it as a damn counter top to count your money. It's not funny either...so don't be surprised when I'm not laughing.

And don't put the divider away when I'm still scanning items for the guest in front of you! As it is, I have short-term memory loss, and when I'm "in the zone," I'm not gonna remember where their order ends.

I used to hate when people would ask "Do you work here?"
I see it as a(n) (obnoxious) greeting now.
It's so much better than having customers walk up to you and just blurting whatever item they're looking for.

*me zoning*
guest zaps by
"facial tissue?!" with a weird glare

I used to hate when people would ask "Do you work here?"
I see it as a(n) (obnoxious) greeting now.
It's so much better than having customers walk up to you and just blurting whatever item they're looking for.

*me zoning*
guest zaps by
"facial tissue?!" with a weird glare

It would actually kill them to say excuse me, where is... Too may extra words.

To the guest with the utlra deep voice:
You made my day today.
I heard you talking to your granddaughter from another aisle and invisioned you as this super tall, bearish man. You turn out to be a 5'7" slim man in overhauls and a trucker hat. But as soon as your grandaughter said,
"Pop pop! Read me a story!"
You did not hesitate. I enjoyed your story as well. Cheers!

To that guest who said the only reason she was at Target was because someone you knew was on a registry and was offended by the baby commercial with a few lines of "Mexican": Mexican isn't a language....

To that other guest in short shorts with your thighs and a pad sticking out, please for the love of God buy some pants...or go to Walmart across the street...either will work.

Last edited:
When I was a cashier, I ate ticket switchers for LUNCH!

It's Barcoding that should be worried about. $200 item for $30 and the description looks about the same. Now that's really clever..

Clothing Tags, you can somewhat tell as the hole will look distressed on the clothing tag (assuming the guest was smart enough to pull them off correctly) Most just peel off the Clearance tags and stick them on something else :p

It's Barcoding that should be worried about. $200 item for $30 and the description looks about the same. Now that's really clever..

I stopped one once. The guest actually set herself up by asking if the item was on sale. I went back to look and saw that a barcode sticker from another item had been stuck over top of the barcode for the item in question. A difference of about $90. The guest said she didn't want the item, and after she left, I told the GSTL, who told AP.

To that guest who said the only reason she was at Target was because someone you knew was on a registry and was offended by the baby commercial with a few lines of "Mexican": Mexican isn't a language....

To that other guest in short shorts with your thighs and a pad sticking out, please for the love of God buy some pants...or go to Walmart across the street...either will work.

Ok, I know I'm late to the game on this one, but I have indeed been in the precarious position of having to explain to an in-law that 'Mexican', ahem, not Spanglish, not Spanish, not ( insert dialectical/geographic/cultural disambiguation here ), no, 'mexican' is not, in and of itself a language....

As to the feminine hygiene/padding issue, all I'm gonna say is this:

Ladies, we buy ENTIRELY too many feminine products, clothing items, and mirrors, for us to not know what's up when we leave the house. If it feels "iify", DON'T DO IT!!!

To every guest ever: If you break something, why don't you feel like you should pay for it? It's not like Target has a "You break it, you buy it" policy and we are not going to make you pay for it, but you don't even offer. If you said you would pay for that bottle of tomato sauce that you busted in the middle of the aisle that would have made me feel a lot better about cleaning up after you. I would e said, "Don't worry about it. I'll get it cleaned up. You just made my day by taking responsibility for your actions. You wouldnt believe how many guests just walk away and don't offer to pay! Thanks for being a good person." At least you told me that "your kid" dropped it. Which I'm not sure how your five year old got something off the top shelf, but that's another story. But thank you for not leaving a mess and not telling anyone.

But seriously, when did it become okay for people to go somewhere and break stuff and then just leave? This hs to be the thing that annoys me most because it shows just how much of a sense of entitlement people have.

To that one guest: I have no political leanings one way or the other, but what do you want me to say when you start spewing racial slurs left and right about Obama (and African-Americans in general, who I'm sure would've been offended by what this moron said too).

I know we are in the south, so I expect to hear racist comments on a daily basis, but leave that hardcore racist bulls**t in the 1950s where it belongs. I don't care that you "wanna round up a posse and go and lynch that stupid f**king n***** and send him back to where he belongs".

WHY IN THE F**K are you talking to me about this!? What am I supposed to say?? Other than leaving my mouth agape, I don't know what kind of response you were expecting from me.

What was even said that started this conversation?? I rang you up and didn't try to make small talk...

Some people would have better luck just opening their mouth and sticking their foot in it. I sure wish this guy would have!

Some people, geez.

To that one guest: I have no political leanings one way or the other, but what do you want me to say when you start spewing racial slurs left and right about Obama (and African-Americans in general, who I'm sure would've been offended by what this moron said too).

I know we are in the south, so I expect to hear racist comments on a daily basis, but leave that hardcore racist bulls**t in the 1950s where it belongs. I don't care that you "wanna round up a posse and go and lynch that stupid f**king n***** and send him back to where he belongs".

WHY IN THE F**K are you talking to me about this!? What am I supposed to say?? Other than leaving my mouth agape, I don't know what kind of response you were expecting from me.

What was even said that started this conversation?? I rang you up and didn't try to make small talk...

Some people would have better luck just opening their mouth and sticking their foot in it. I sure wish this guy would have!

Some people, geez.

Sir. I can't help you with such plan, however, I can save you 5% on your Drink Order today ;) How about we open you up a RedCard?

Some people, geez.

We get some real pieces of...work...at my store, but this is really extreme.

In this country we are very fortunate to have so many of the freedoms we have, including freedom of speech. For all you can say that's wrong in the U.S.A., we have a lot of rights, freedoms, and opportunities. C'mon, people-use your freedom of speech wisely. If you can't have decency, respect, decorum, empathy, compassion, or an open mind, try to at least have a little sense before you speak. It goes a long way.

And it can help prevent some very negative encounters & incidents, as well as not making us team members suddenly be forced to choose between respectfully speaking our minds or keeping quiet in the name of not ruffling feathers and potentially risking our jobs when you complain about us speaking up.

But seriously, when did it become okay for people to go somewhere and break stuff and then just leave?
During the holidays I had to pick up broken ornaments every hour. I think during that entire season I only had two guests tell me, one was a team member off the clock.I would hear random shatters and people just leaving. "Just leave it. Someone will pick it up!"

I have a few of my own.
A CAF pusher accidently left an empty tub on the salesfloor.This doesn't mean it's for guests to use, let alone for kids to play in. I can't believe you let your kids stand on it and lay inside of it. When I told your kids to get off, you just stared at me and didn't even say anything. You careless sh!t.

To that one guest who caused a code green. I'm sorry that you're hurt, but I don't know what you expected when you started climbing that shelve. (Thank you cart attendant and LOD for cleaning up the blood.)

To the teenagers who hang out at Target, is it really necessary to be so damn loud and obnoxious? And for the love of pete, close the damn bungee chairs.

To the teenage guys trying to impress girls by messing up our zones, you guys are pathetic. One of them grabbed a ball and kicked it into a shelve. I felt like grabbing a bat from sporting goods and just - eh forget it.

I give up. I can picture myself snapping, with all this guest + TM nonsense, high expectations, and hour cuts.

And for the love of pete, close the damn bungee chairs.

Words cannot express how much I despise those ****ing chairs.

Lounge chairs, huge area rugs opened and unfurled in the aisle, opened diaper bags (with used diaper left as some sort of barter exchange) shelves used as used gum wad receptacles.... OMG so many people are pigs. Worse, they are toting around impressionable children.

But seriously, when did it become okay for people to go somewhere and break stuff and then just leave?
To the teenagers who hang out at Target, is it really necessary to be so damn loud and obnoxious? And for the love of pete, close the damn bungee chairs.

Oh the bungee chairs...the worst!!!
I tried sitting in one -- not comfortable at all!

To the guests who ask (as I'm in electronics, next to toys) "do you know anything about the toy department? I know it's not your department", ugh so annoying. Yes, it's my department. If only there was a team member for every department...at all times of the day. Yeah, right!!!!

Sir. I can't help you with such plan, however, I can save you 5% on your Drink Order today ;) How about we open you up a RedCard?[/QUOTE]

Haha! Sooo great! Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back