To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the logistics leaders: PLEASE get it together. Scheduling a bare bones crew for p-fresh trucks when we are getting the biggest trucks of the year is the dumbest thing you all have done. I am ONE PERSON. I understand that as a PA that p-fresh is my responsibility, but I can not push half of p-fresh (which was very empty) at once. And turkeys were low too, but couldn't get to those cause god forbid you give me a big enough team to get the truck done in one day. (Not kidding, we are lucky to get through a truck in one day. Next week we have trucks on Tuesday & Wednesday due to Thanksgiving, I may die.)

A big thanks to the ETL SL who promised a guest 50 turkeys without telling anyone else AND without requiring an official order from them. Of course the LOD vibed in and made me get all the turkeys, but that's gonna really screw us up. I expect a nastygram from corp hitting the store's inbox soon.

Hopefully they charged them the bulk pricing too. If buying a bulk order (5 or more), the turkeys are the normal price per pound.

A big thanks to the ETL SL who promised a guest 50 turkeys without telling anyone else AND without requiring an official order from them. Of course the LOD vibed in and made me get all the turkeys, but that's gonna really screw us up. I expect a nastygram from corp hitting the store's inbox soon.

Hm. Same thing happened with us. ETL said ok, my CTL made the woman at least put something in writing. Think we finally ordered the extras yesterday. Glad I'm not in for the next truck.

To my TL: Thank you for recognizing the fact that I was running around working my ass off all day. Thank you for taking the time to say a simple "Thanks for all your hard work". The little things like that go a long way when so many people just expect that level of work.

To the entire team I worked with today.... Sorry I was out of sorts, by the time I clocked put and got home I was in full fledge migraine mode. I really should have gone home the hour before :(

Totally agree with both of you. I've tried requesting change many times, though, and they'll just come over and tell me they can't give me any.
I'm not one to rush to say complain - but, I'd take this higher.

As a guest I'd be VIVID if there was no change and it was because of stupidness. As a TM i'd probably not be nice about pointing out the problem to a guest.

Unacceptable. Period.

I had this issue today. The GSTL told me to wait ten minutes because she was busy. I told her to take her time and that I would just give the guests extra change.

To the entire team I worked with today.... Sorry I was out of sorts, by the time I clocked put and got home I was in full fledge migraine mode. I really should have gone home the hour before :(

That sucks. Sorry you had to go through that.
Take care of yourself, I understand how you feel.
In my case the migraines can lead to other things far worse but just the headache is bad enough.

To that one TM, thanks for terming yourself today by walking out in the middle of your shift. I have no idea what happened, but I'm just glad I don't have to deal with your know-it-all, bossy attitude behind guest services anymore!

That sucks. Sorry you had to go through that.
Take care of yourself, I understand how you feel.
In my case the migraines can lead to other things far worse but just the headache is bad enough.
Thanks, my cocktail of meds kicked in and after going to sleep early, I found myself wide awake and feeling good about midnight.... thankfully I was only awake until about 2am so I'm not dragging today (which totally triggers issues).

I should have known when I was insanely jealous of all the people buying sudafed yesterday I should have bought some earlier along with some caffeine and tried to avoid the issue. Oh well, hindsight. I haven't had to deal with this while working since they are something "new". We had visitors and so everyone on edge and it wasn't the time say I felt like crap, but in fairness to my guests, next time I won't try to suck it up.

I'm sure they think I was a total disaster yesterday though..... :(

To that cashier, I don't have time for your stupid jokes if I'm on a 15. I just want my gatorade! This cashier likes to be all "oh, the team member discount doesn't work at this register. Oh, I can't take this bill. Oh, I'm closed now, no team members on this register" and it's soooo effing annoying. I just want to sit in silence*** in the breakroom with a snack. Sheesh.

***silence because our cable box is broken. And before that happened, we went weeks without tv because the bill wasn't paid lol. Once the bill was paid, we had 2 days of tv before someone got the power button stuck.

To that cashier, I don't have time for your stupid jokes if I'm on a 15. I just want my gatorade! This cashier likes to be all "oh, the team member discount doesn't work at this register. Oh, I can't take this bill. Oh, I'm closed now, no team members on this register" and it's soooo effing annoying. I just want to sit in silence*** in the breakroom with a snack. Sheesh.

***silence because our cable box is broken. And before that happened, we went weeks without tv because the bill wasn't paid lol. Once the bill was paid, we had 2 days of tv before someone got the power button stuck.

End of October-ish? Yeah, went two weeks with nothing but DIY and the country music station (and all those lousy infomercials) because our satellite bill hadn't been paid.

We didn't get DIY or country music... or maybe we just never discovered it. Just a bouncing DirecTV logo and if we tried to change the channel, a message about how we weren't subscribed before the bouncing started. I'd sit in there and watch for the logo to hit the corner. It never did.

To that team member who I asked to pull the last Caf of the day while I did space management in receiving, you've completely proven how unreliable you are. You had 1 hour to pull a 39 minute Caf with 24 batches. Over half an hour later and you still had 17 batches in the pda. The TL and ETL's face didn't look to happy when they heard those details.

Seriously dude,
bazqF.gif

To the two overnight team members who get the store about two hours early, stop fucking hogging the TV with your damn sports games. I'm tired of fucking football and basketball.

Warning. Incoming Rant.
Dear new guy at work,
First off you should know that I am 100% fluent in sarcasm. I love it. It is my native tongue. I am the first to join in on snarky statements when they are called for and when they are not. Nevertheless, I find your so-called humorous cynicism to be worthless on a number of levels. You are not humorous. You are an angry spiteful little man whose statements are not witty. They are not helpful. They are petulant and undermine the morale of the very workforce that keeps you employed. The only attention you gain with your passive aggressive asides is the kind of attention one gives to a mosquito shortly before it is smashed to bits. I hope your lack of maturity and self restraint soon causes you to say something completely asinine directly to a supervisor or to a guest/customer and you find yourself out on your ass. Of course, since we work at a giant gossip column, this rant will probably find its way to you and you will undoubtedly assume that my discontentment with your general existence is somehow due to one of several characteristics protected by Equal Opportunity Employment. I assure you it is not. It's not that I do not like you because of some sort of personal characteristic that you have elevated to some chief governing attribute. I dislike you because you are an asshole. Don't expect politeness from me. Henceforth, I merely tolerate your existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back