To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gonna jump out from behind there and do a pull/reshop when your business is slow? Didn't think so.

Business slow at pharmacy?! LOL, that's rich.
During the times I was scheduled there, you barely had time to draw a long breath. There's a reason why they have their own restroom nearby. If they're not getting slammed by drop-off & waits, they're handling called-ins, non-waiting scripts & calling physicians (clarification of instructions, Rx out of refills, generic/brand substitution, etc). It's NEVER slow at pharmacy.
I'd love to see you handle a day behind the counter during cold/flu/allergy season, cowboy.

To the flow tm ,congratulations ,you have alienated half of the flow team .when a tm sees an another tm looking around ,he /she wil point out where the item goes ,or nof ,or backstock .it doesn't mean they know everything ,they are simply helpfull .i hope you like working alone !

to three out of the four SL tm's...yup, I noticed you all talking in the middle of RTW for at least 20 minutes...and yup I am going to call you out on it. I also am not going to be willing to help any of you out zoning unless told to by a TL or LOD (I am sick of the crud they keep pulling and getting hours)

to three out of the four SL tm's...yup, I noticed you all talking in the middle of RTW for at least 20 minutes...and yup I am going to call you out on it. I also am not going to be willing to help any of you out zoning unless told to by a TL or LOD (I am sick of the crud they keep pulling and getting hours)
omg i have this problem at my store too. Every time i catch them i walk up to them and say hey guys are we having a huddle in the middle of RTW and they will say no and then i coach them. Hang in there i hope your TL and LOD catch on.

To the Hardlines TL: Way to put that guest in her place! It may not necessarily be brand, but you deserve a GTC anyways.

Business slow at pharmacy?! LOL, that's rich.
During the times I was scheduled there, you barely had time to draw a long breath. There's a reason why they have their own restroom nearby. If they're not getting slammed by drop-off & waits, they're handling called-ins, non-waiting scripts & calling physicians (clarification of instructions, Rx out of refills, generic/brand substitution, etc). It's NEVER slow at pharmacy.
I'd love to see you handle a day behind the counter during cold/flu/allergy season, cowboy.
Our own bathroom nearby? I WISH!!! We have to walk half way across the store to use the public ones....
You gonna jump out from behind there and do a pull/reshop when your business is slow? Didn't think so.
As redeye pointed out, it's RARELY if EVER slow in the pharmacy (at least mine, others around me, not so much), but if you could figure out a way for me to do a pull/reshop from BEHIND the counter, I'd be glad to help. Of course, chances are it probably wouldn't actually get done since we HAVE no "down time", but I'd be more than happy to try. Just like the front lanes/electronics, our guest survey scores depend on us being available to help guests. Of course, in addition to simply ringing up their purchases, we are also taking in new scripts (drop-offs, electronic, & faxed), processing them (including taking care of all insurance issues/overrides for various rejects), pulling the meds, filling the scripts, restocking the meds, answering phones, helping guests on the floor find HBA products (yes we DO help guests, we aren't allowed to call for someone else to do it, we have to go help them find something, regardless of how busy we are or where it is), ordering our own merchandise (which also includes checking it and putting it away daily), processing daily "return to stock" scripts, antibiotic call-backs, doing all our own cleaning/replenishing of supplies (bottles, labels, paper, etc.), pulling our own garbage, and filling an average of (at least in my store)around 100-125 autofills daily...we average 200-300 scripts/day. Some days, we are doing all of this with 2-3 techs and 1 pharmacist for about half of the day (2/1 all day on Sunday) because we are only allotted about 200 hours for the entire week. We are a 9-9/9-6 pharmacy, you can do the math. Dropped off scripts are "expected" to be processed/filled/checked within 20 minutes, as are all antiobiotics (regardless of how they're received). Oh, and if there is >1 guest waiting and the other register is "open" (we have 2), we're expected to follow the "1+1" rule, regardless of how many people are working so if someone is on break and there are only 2 techs (or even worse, 1 tech) and the pharmacist, too bad....whatever is sitting on the counter/whoever is calling in has to wait. The longer the guests wait, the lower our GS scores go. Unfortunately, we used to have 3 pharmacists, but the "brilliant minds" at Corporate decided that pharmacies <X# of scripts/week only needed 1 and we missed the cut-off by a ridiculously low number of scripts so we are now down to 2 pharmacists....when we had 3, the "20-minute wait time" wasn't quite as hard to meet because we usually had 2 RPhs on duty, but now with only 1, our scores are starting to decline as our script count is now higher than the "cutoff". :angry: Our pharmacy does more in sales than ANY other department in the entire store (don't know if that's true of all stores or not) so yeah, it would be nice to get some back-up once in a while. OOPS! Forgot to mention, we also regularly have students and interns from local colleges and pharmacy schools that we have to train and mentor so that takes another chunk of the day.

Sorry if I seem a little snippy about this, but my TL and I kind of got into it with one of the ETL's yesterday in the break room because someone asked if he could be "cross trained" so he could come back us up when necessary (since he works in pfresh and is usually close by) and she said "No, it wasn't necessary" (which my TL didn't like). The ETL said (and I quote) "but you guys don't help out in other departments or answer calls for service anywhere else when those are sent". We both tried to explain to her that we are usually so busy ourselves that we don't have extra people TO send. When she said "Well, whenever I walk by, it usually looks like you guys are all just standing around looking at something on the counter or chit-chatting"....I felt like saying "well, DUH!!! Where do you think we COUNT the meds???" :facepalm: She's obviously never been IN the pharmacy while we've been working or she'd know this....

P.S. I also forgot to mention that some days, we are so busy, there are 2 of us that don't even take our "full" 15-minute breaks (we obviously take lunch because we HAVE to)....we might run to the bathroom or get something to drink, but that's it. Our ETL-Rx realizes this and tries to MAKE us take them, but we usually leave for a VERY short time and come right back because we're swamped and are both somewhat A-type personalities (at least I am when it comes to work~LOL!) and can't STAND being behind! Because of this, the ETL-Rx "rewards" us in other ways...she might slip us a coupon for a Starbucks with a "thanks for all your 'extra effort' lately" GTC or something. Of course, we keep this on the DL, but we know she appreciates our dedication in trying to keep our pharmacy #1 :)

Last edited:
to the gsa who didn't show up for their shift yesterday... I know you hate your job but if it's that bad just quit.. Didn't love the open to close shift i worked yesterday! on the plus side.. our DTL was in the store and came and personally thanked me for my dedication and hard work. That'll help when i go in for my TL interview so i guess i owe you a thanks!

Our own bathroom nearby? I WISH!!! We have to walk half way across the store to use the public ones.... As redeye pointed out, it's RARELY if EVER slow in the pharmacy (at least mine, others around me, not so much), but if you could figure out a way for me to do a pull/reshop from BEHIND the counter, I'd be glad to help. Of course, chances are it probably wouldn't actually get done since we HAVE no "down time", but I'd be more than happy to try. Just like the front lanes/electronics, our guest survey scores depend on us being available to help guests. Of course, in addition to simply ringing up their purchases, we are also taking in new scripts (drop-offs, electronic, & faxed), processing them (including taking care of all insurance issues/overrides for various rejects), pulling the meds, filling the scripts, restocking the meds, answering phones, helping guests on the floor find HBA products (yes we DO help guests, we aren't allowed to call for someone else to do it, we have to go help them find something, regardless of how busy we are or where it is), ordering our own merchandise (which also includes checking it and putting it away daily), processing daily "return to stock" scripts, antibiotic call-backs, doing all our own cleaning/replenishing of supplies (bottles, labels, paper, etc.), pulling our own garbage, and filling an average of (at least in my store)around 100-125 autofills daily...we average 200-300 scripts/day. Some days, we are doing all of this with 2-3 techs and 1 pharmacist for about half of the day (2/1 all day on Sunday) because we are only allotted about 200 hours for the entire week. We are a 9-9/9-6 pharmacy, you can do the math. Dropped off scripts are "expected" to be processed/filled/checked within 20 minutes, as are all antiobiotics (regardless of how they're received). Oh, and if there is >1 guest waiting and the other register is "open" (we have 2), we're expected to follow the "1+1" rule, regardless of how many people are working so if someone is on break and there are only 2 techs (or even worse, 1 tech) and the pharmacist, too bad....whatever is sitting on the counter/whoever is calling in has to wait. The longer the guests wait, the lower our GS scores go. Unfortunately, we used to have 3 pharmacists, but the "brilliant minds" at Corporate decided that pharmacies <X# of scripts/week only needed 1 and we missed the cut-off by a ridiculously low number of scripts so we are now down to 2 pharmacists....when we had 3, the "20-minute wait time" wasn't quite as hard to meet because we usually had 2 RPhs on duty, but now with only 1, our scores are starting to decline as our script count is now higher than the "cutoff". :angry: Our pharmacy does more in sales than ANY other department in the entire store (don't know if that's true of all stores or not) so yeah, it would be nice to get some back-up once in a while. OOPS! Forgot to mention, we also regularly have students and interns from local colleges and pharmacy schools that we have to train and mentor so that takes another chunk of the day.

Sorry if I seem a little snippy about this, but my TL and I kind of got into it with one of the ETL's yesterday in the break room because someone asked if he could be "cross trained" so he could come back us up when necessary (since he works in pfresh and is usually close by) and she said "No, it wasn't necessary" (which my TL didn't like). The ETL said (and I quote) "but you guys don't help out in other departments or answer calls for service anywhere else when those are sent". We both tried to explain to her that we are usually so busy ourselves that we don't have extra people TO send. When she said "Well, whenever I walk by, it usually looks like you guys are all just standing around looking at something on the counter or chit-chatting"....I felt like saying "well, DUH!!! Where do you think we COUNT the meds???" :facepalm: She's obviously never been IN the pharmacy while we've been working or she'd know this....

P.S. I also forgot to mention that some days, we are so busy, there are 2 of us that don't even take our "full" 15-minute breaks (we obviously take lunch because we HAVE to)....we might run to the bathroom or get something to drink, but that's it. Our ETL-Rx realizes this and tries to MAKE us take them, but we usually leave for a VERY short time and come right back because we're swamped and are both somewhat A-type personalities (at least I am when it comes to work~LOL!) and can't STAND being behind! Because of this, the ETL-Rx "rewards" us in other ways...she might slip us a coupon for a Starbucks with a "thanks for all your 'extra effort' lately" GTC or something. Of course, we keep this on the DL, but we know she appreciates our dedication in trying to keep our pharmacy #1 :)

I would of said to that etl, we help all the guests who ask us where stuff is outside of the pharmacy area. Like dish soap, shampoo & sodas, etc...

To the overnight team: Stop hiding the f*****g remote for the break room TV!! When there are hockey playoffs on, we don't want to watch America's Next Top Model reruns! And the ETLs might all die if they don't get their daily dose of Family Feud...

our store usually has one of the following on: a House or NCSI marathon, Deal or No Deal or the Price is Right.

We usually have The Price Is Right on before Family Feud. Before that, it's the boring talk shows that are always on in the morning. We also get The Newlywed Game, old Family Feud, and Baggage a lot in the late afternoon/evenings.

To that one GSA, you need to chill out. You seem to misunderstand what the position is, and the fact that you're making cashiers do personal chores for you while you sit at Food Ave is terrible. You need to stop acting like you're the best thing to ever happen to Target and realize you are not a Team Lead, therefore you cannot threaten to fire people. Ever wonder why no one responds to your backup requests? Because they don't like you and you have pissed them all off with your attitude.

to my hl tm, yes I know you don't like ad set up and you despise being up at 6, but please please please, don't take it out on the rest of us! You muttering and complaining under your breathe does not help and moving slower just makes us frustrated and move faster so we can get everything else done because we know your section won't be finished in time. UGH!

to my hl tm, yes I know you don't like ad set up and you despise being up at 6, but please please please, don't take it out on the rest of us! You muttering and complaining under your breathe does not help and moving slower just makes us frustrated and move faster so we can get everything else done because we know your section won't be finished in time. UGH!

Take him off the them, if possible.

to all of the softlines team members....I thought we were done with this dumb cycle of whining, no call no shows, back biting and all the other crud that makes us the weakest team in the store.

I would of said to that etl, we help all the guests who ask us where stuff is outside of the pharmacy area. Like dish soap, shampoo & sodas, etc...

Oh, my TL did...she explained to her that we might not be available to "back-up" other departments when they call, but we are basically responsible for the ENTIRE HBA department when it comes to showing guests where things are, regardless of how busy we are...we don't have the luxury of a "call button" like the other departments do, we ARE the "call button" ;)

We usually have The Price Is Right on before Family Feud. Before that, it's the boring talk shows that are always on in the morning. We also get The Newlywed Game, old Family Feud, and Baggage a lot in the late afternoon/evenings.

Consider yourselves lucky. I'm sick of Jerry Springer and Maury.

To the overnight team: Stop hiding the f*****g remote for the break room TV!! When there are hockey playoffs on, we don't want to watch America's Next Top Model reruns! And the ETLs might all die if they don't get their daily dose of Family Feud...

our store usually has one of the following on: a House or NCSI marathon, Deal or No Deal or the Price is Right.

ours is usually on MTV reality shows or Meet the Parkers

Sometimes I think our breakroom TV only gets 2 channels: GameShow Network or Telemundo! I'd kill to watch ANYTHING other than those 2 channels....I love it when I go in there and there's nobody else or 1 particular TM because we will both just turn the darned thing OFF ;)

I bring a book. The only time the channel gets changed is when I'm actually watching something. Lol!

To my SrTL - I love working with you! You are the reason I asked to switch my closing GSA night to Mondays. Not only do you actually care about the team, you constantly seek feedback. When I have to call you to the desk/lanes for a guest, you listen to what I have to say before making a decision.

To the backroom TL - I get that you've been here for a couple years... But that doesn't mean you have the right to complain EVERY TIME OVER THE WALKIE when a person screws up. I know your job is filled with so many metrics it screws you up... But you're not the only one having to deal with issues man. Stop being so snide to team members just because you're "the man". You get your work done and I applaud you for that... But you're still a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back