To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To any cashier: DO NOT JUST LEAVE STUFF AT GS AND WALK AWAY.

I am more than happy to defect or salvage or paid and left or lost and found or reshop whatever you need-- it's my job-- but you have to TELL me what it is and what to do with it!

:oops: I suddenly feel very, very ashamed. Tonight after closing I had a hand-basket of salvage and there was no one at GS because everyone had closing tasks. So I left it and couldn't tell anyone what it was.

I hope that they are so used to me bringing up taped salvage at the end that they realize what it is right away.

:oops: I suddenly feel very, very ashamed. Tonight after closing I had a hand-basket of salvage and there was no one at GS because everyone had closing tasks. So I left it and couldn't tell anyone what it was.

I hope that they are so used to me bringing up taped salvage at the end that they realize what it is right away.
Next time just leave a little note that says salvage on it... Though ASANTS so maybe your store has processes where if you leave stuff there every night for salvage then they know already it's salvage. If the items weren't obviously salvage they may have gotten reshopped. I mean like if it's broken glass then we can figure it out. It's mostly HBA where it's like is it leaking or no

My last time working at GS, SLTL brought a basket of salvage lingerie.
She plopped it on the counter & asked "Do you have gloves? You're probably gonna need 'em for some of these."
Sometimes I loathe my gender.

Next time just leave a little note that says salvage on it... Though ASANTS so maybe your store has processes where if you leave stuff there every night for salvage then they know already it's salvage. If the items weren't obviously salvage they may have gotten reshopped. I mean like if it's broken glass then we can figure it out. It's mostly HBA where it's like is it leaking or no

That's probably why I was trained to tape up the salvage. While there have been the rare times where someone removed the tape and put it in the reshop cart, those have been really rare. And I have always found someone to tell before tonight because each GSTM wants it put in a different spot.

She plopped it on the counter & asked "Do you have gloves? You're probably gonna need 'em for some of these."

Oh dear god! The two times I've had stuff like that, I used gloves to stuff each item in a clear rewrap bag (one bag per item) with the bar code on the tag facing out so they didn't have to take it out of the rewrap bag to salvage it out. If I didn't want to be touching it, I sure as heck wasn't going to make anyone else touch it if at all possible.

Oh god gross.

We had a SLTM reach in the SL abandons box and her hand touched a pair of panties with the crotch wet.. offered her bleach.

We had a woman (was going to say lady but she was NO lady) try on multiple pairs of panties in the fitting room. She insisted that she had tried them on over her panties she was wearing. The LOD told her we had no way to prove that and even so we couldn't sell them anyway. The fitting room attendant/operator wouldn't touch them (didn't blame her). It was gross!:eek:

We had a woman (was going to say lady but she was NO lady) try on multiple pairs of panties in the fitting room. She insisted that she had tried them on over her panties she was wearing. The LOD told her we had no way to prove that and even so we couldn't sell them anyway. The fitting room attendant/operator wouldn't touch them (didn't blame her). It was gross!:eek:

I had a woman do that and I was unsure if I could refuse to let a guest try on something. I found out that in the case of underwear I could say no, so since then (yes there have been others) I say that for hygienic and safety reasons I can't allow underwear to go into the fitting room with them.

TTOTL: Fuck you too. Real sick of you only being friendly to your buddies and extending jack shit basic decency to anyone else.

TTOTL: Yeah, uh huh, yep, totally listening to you talk about all the things that suddenly matter for an upcoming visit. Yep. Okay, cool. Totally care about this as much as you do the other 364 days of the year. Uh huh, yeah, okay. Got it.

...as you 'nope' out the door ;)
More like Nopeing to my happy place as this visit happens the day after I have some time off so I'll be cleaning up from the day before and all the shit I'm still trying to take care of from last week and further back.

TTOETL: you know the one ... the one that always screams her orders at everyone all through the store even though there's a perfectly good radio on her hip. The one that has a voice with a higher octave range than Yma Sumac and pierces the eardrum just as harshly. The one that always lines up about 10 red carts full of reshop 15 minutes before close and demands backroom add them to their pulls even though every single ETL / TL in the store is able to always take care of it themselves and in a much more respectable manner. The one that yells I am the boss! and I am the LOD! Yeah. That one. The one that after all the above complains about how busy it was and that it was a miracle she survived the day (even though we didn't hit sales for the day) as she exits the store with her best employee pals (TMs, TLs,) to grab a late dinner and drinks at her house. Yes. That One.

Last edited:
The funny part is the reshop carts are lined up at the registers. Yup ... Literally up to 15 and no, not separated by fill group or anything. Guests often see these as they are waiting to check out and are all "ooohhh. This must be clearance! Lemme see what's in this here cart ....". Then she runs over and is all "may I help you? This is stuff going back. Your line is over there!". There have been guest complaints but she has friends at the district level so ... meh.

Is she hot?

Ttotl: yes, I buy tons of stuff at Goodwill. No, I'm not destitute. I make more than you at my other job in less time. Target is not a career, but a great way to battle anxiety and pay down a car note.

Not everyone wants to live paycheck to paycheck. If you're fortunate enough to make enough money, why stupidly increase your spending so you can stay in the same rut?! Frugality is a quality most people lack and judge you on, which is silly.

You're unattractive, no goals, and dumb as shit. Have a bag of dicks.

Last edited:
To the new grocery team: Would it kill you to calibrate the thermometer and fill out the paperwork correctly? At least you've gotten the hang of acknowledging the truck before I get here, so that's something. But still. You're making me dread the next Steritech visit.

I came in today to find out the TM(s?) who unloaded the FDC truck didn't record a single fucking temperature on anything. Which is a new low for them, usually they at least deign to put one of the pre-punched sheets I've made into the binder and record a few numbers.

To the new ETL-LOG: Your little bio posted in TSC isn't giving me high hopes but I figure with the shit we've had to deal with ETLs maybe we're due a change in luck. I hope.

To the new grocery team: Would it kill you to calibrate the thermometer and fill out the paperwork correctly?
Wait do people actually do that?

Hey FDC driver, I know you wanna get this trailer unloaded, but first I need to run up to Starbucks to get a cup of ice...

I had a woman do that and I was unsure if I could refuse to let a guest try on something. I found out that in the case of underwear I could say no, so since then (yes there have been others) I say that for hygienic and safety reasons I can't allow underwear to go into the fitting room with them.
The LOD tried explaining that to this woman and she just didn't get it. The LOD even told her that we would have to throw those underpants out.

TTOTM: You tried to take the table I cleaned up in the break room. No. I had to clean up your filth your team left from your first break. You want a clean table? Clean up after your own damn self.

I got so mad cause you moved my coffee. You do NOT touch someone's coffee. You could have asked, but no. The best part was the LOD telling you to grow the fuck up. When you told him I was mean to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back