To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ETLs avoid GS like the plague...which, really works out better for us. Our SrTLs are more likely to come when called...probably because they aren't as untouchable as the ETLs. They are also more helpful...or at least willing to ask for assistance rather than make up some random policy they came up with off the top of their head that they have to back off from when you ask them to use their own numbers and be responsible for.

The problem is, that in order for someone to position themselves to keep an eye on who to send to guest services, they are put in a way where they cannot be helpful to the cashiers. And guests have been sent over to guest services to check out before, and then they get pissed when the wait isn't any shorter. The guests are more forgiving about being moved to a different lane than they are going to and from the service desk.

To that one TM at the store that I really don't like....it is attitudes like yours that make your store so unbearable when I have to call it (or in this case when you called me):

Me (picking up the phone on the sales floor after being walkied for a call): thank you for holding, CIHYFS?
TM: I was on hold waiting to find out about the video chair.
Me: I'm sorry, guest services transferred you to me to assist you. What were you looking for?
TM: oh, I'm at blah blah store and I have a guest here looking for a video chair that it says you have in stock. I have numbers.
Me: ok, go ahead with the numbers.
TM: rattles off numbers in about one second flat.
Me: I'm sorry I seemed to have missed a number, could you repeat that?
TM: repeats numbers, but is getting ticked.
Me: I don't have those numbers on my system....were they blah, blah....
Tm: yes. And they are in your system because it says you have three.
Me: ok, well, they aren't in my system...do you have the UPC?
TM; gives me the UPC.
Me: ok, I don't have those numbers, either.
TM: yes, you do.
Me (takes a deep breath): ok, let me check the floor.
*puts down phone, walks away from it, and radioes for lod*.

After speaking with the LOD, I find that I don't have access to type in numbers into a PDA to find out if we have any because it's a clearance item. The LOD confirms we may have two, but being clearance, good luck. The LOD gives me the shelf location, which I confirm is empty and go back to the phone.

Me: thank you for holding, I'm sorry, we do not have any of those.
TM: what do you mean? You can't know that, you couldn't even find it in your system. Mine says you have three, and there is no way they've all been sold today.
Me: being a clearance item, I wasn't able to pull it up. I spoke with my LOD who was able to pull it up, checked the location where it would be, and we don't have any.
TM: well, I'm sending the guest there, and you had best find one.
Me: that's fine, you can send them here, but you need to let them know we don't have any.

*not 15 minutes later I am walking by guest services*

GSTM: hey, RG, this guest says they called about having a video chair put on hold....do you know anything about it?
Me: yes, as I explained to the team member at the other store, we do not have any.

*guest looks at me like I'm stupid and goes back to get the non-existent chair themselves.*
*I pop some Advil and carry on*

Last edited:
wait, what? Why can't you look up a clearance item with the DPCI?

I thought that was odd, too...but I guess the LOD explained to me that as a regular sales floor TM, I can't look up a dpci on a PDA for a clearance item under item search. It simply says "not found" or whatever. No joke...I had the right dpci, because I gave it to the LOD over the walkie! I may try again tonight for funsies. No idea what that is about.

I will try it both ways tonight and let you know what I find out. If I hadn't seen it for myself and been able to give the exact numbers to my LOD, I wouldn't have believed it, either.

I thought that was odd, too...but I guess the LOD explained to me that as a regular sales floor TM, I can't look up a dpci on a PDA for a clearance item under item search. It simply says "not found" or whatever. No joke...I had the right dpci, because I gave it to the LOD over the walkie! I may try again tonight for funsies. No idea what that is about.

Did you try NOP in RF APs?

never, ever heard of that!! I have always been able to look up clearance (even missed salvage...did it today) items on the PDA. How else would you be able to tell a guest last selling price on those missed salvages? And I am a regular sales floor team member

Thanks, all...I've never had to use the 49 on a pda before, but will remember that for next time. I still stand by that that TM had no reason to treat me that way...

Can I ask why you would ever need to look up the last selling price of a missed salvage item with a dpci? If you have the item, you scan it...if you don't have the item, then what's the need?

Thanks, all...I've never had to use the 49 on a pda before, but will remember that for next time. I still stand by that that TM had no reason to treat me that way...

Can I ask why you would ever need to look up the last selling price of a missed salvage item with a dpci? If you have the item, you scan it...if you don't have the item, then what's the need?

Mostly if it got missed on a shelf someplace and a guest found it.
No price comes up and the guest absolutely has to have it, so you have to figure out what the last price it sold for before it went salvage.

Mostly if it got missed on a shelf someplace and a guest found it.
No price comes up and the guest absolutely has to have it, so you have to figure out what the last price it sold for before it went salvage.

this!!

I often get called by our guest services to look up a dpci for the last known price. Happens about 5 times a week.

Also at Guest Service, with a non receipted return that shows no price on scanning the item during the refund process, you can input the DPCI to find the last sale price for the refund.

dear store management-yes I know hours are slim pickings this time of the year but really? less than 17 hours a week for all brand team members? it's ridiculous.

dear any team member that has "zoned" (or pushed) in softlines- please, PLEASE for the love of the pete!! zone properly. It is not that hard to make sure things go on the right pegs, shelf, etc. AND if it's repackaged don't put it in the original spot. It was much easier to do some of the research today but then we hit men's tables (and belts) and they were a mess. Belts/hats took me more than half an hour to zone properly and that was with a little help with another tm's help.

That's wierd! I'v looked up items that were clearance many times.

Use UPCS in RFApps to verify the item is on clearance, then try NOP.

Also at Guest Service, with a non receipted return that shows no price on scanning the item during the refund process, you can input the DPCI to find the last sale price for the refund.
Our store doesn't do no-receipt returns if it's no longer in system.
Had a guest who would pick up Target items from the local Goodwill that had gone salvage (with the tags still on 'em). She'd peel off the clearance stickers & attempt a no-receipt return. We'd decline her every time. I even showed her on the tag where it was from 2 years ago.

Ok...dpci for a clearance item worked on a different item tonight. I have no clue why.

And as for returns, if the register gives no price (because of lack of receipt and it not being in the system) then we deny the return.

Some LODs refuse to look up the last price for a missed salvage if it's found on the floor and tell the guest they cannot have it. Others will do it.

Some LODs refuse to look up the last price for a missed salvage if it's found on the floor and tell the guest they cannot have it. Others will do it.

Here's how my store handles Missed Salvage items when guests are looking to purchase them: As long as the item doesn't have a Missed Salvage ticket, we'll sell it. If it has a clearance sticker, we use that price. If not, and the guest doesn't know the price, our GSTLs usually make up a price that sounds reasonable. After all, it's better for sales if we sell the item instead of shipping it out as salvage. :D

Here's how my store handles Missed Salvage items when guests are looking to purchase them: As long as the item doesn't have a Missed Salvage ticket, we'll sell it. If it has a clearance sticker, we use that price. If not, and the guest doesn't know the price, our GSTLs usually make up a price that sounds reasonable. After all, it's better for sales if we sell the item instead of shipping it out as salvage. :D

Well, that would be my thought as well! I wouldn't have asked that LOD if she hadn't been standing right there, with the GSA being busy...but that's my own fault for thinking she might be willing to move a muscle and do something to help someone else out.

Best practice states that you will make every effort to accept a return. So we do. Yes, we take back stuff old as heck but then we also take back stuff that has obviously been used and abused. We're easy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back