To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the first of the previously mentioned promotions (5 or so) has been filled...and the person is neither black or a male....totally against our STL's usual MO. I am sad for the two who lost their jobs but happy for the friend who gt their now combined position.

to the STL....hon, if you had actually spent the payroll in the first place we would not be drowning in reshop, flow, horrible zones...nasty back room...you get the picture. NOW we get to spend our nonexsistent hours for a support team to come in. AND I bet they will spend all of their time everywhere but softlines.
Oh, and taking the FRO off the fitting room for 4 hours the last few days is just not helping the situation.

to the closing softlines teams from this weekend....you almost all stink in your own way. Thankfully, RTW had great people.

Ugh, we had a "support" team come a while back to try and help put SL "back together." Yeah, right. All they did was act snobby as hell while throwing out as many "omg this is so bad! how did it get this bad? At my store, we do xxx instead" and made a mess out of our fitting room by randomly abandoning everything they found while "fixing" SL up.

then I shall be happy that SL will not be touched.

Ok, I've been out of commission in life for just over a week. I stopped back in to work yesterday to say hi and get some of the emotional "where in the world have you been"s out of the way. Anyway, the SrGSTL and ETL-HR wanted to know if I'm still okay doing my first GSA shift tonight. Of course I am. I mentioned that the supervisor number thing could still be an issue unless that was figured out while I was gone.

The ETL-HR had walked out by this point, but the SrGSTL told me that you don't get those numbers unless you are actually a GSA or above. Umm...what? I am. Then she told me not to worry because she's closing LOD this weekend, so I can use her numbers to close the lanes. Great. Not having a LPDA to use and having to call for supervisor numbers for other things all weekend is going to suck.

Rg your etl-hr needs to get her head out of her ass and change your max job code. Did you sign a job offer yet ? Otherwise they may just be giving you the run around. Once your max job code is set proper any supervisor can give you supervisor access via gstl control panel.

She claims she switched the code, showed it to my favorite GSTL (while I was standing there) who also agreed it was changed, and then said she sent a support email to India to figure out the problem.

Got a few saved up so here goes ...

To the TM who cornered the ETL-AP to ask why we are hiring when nobody is getting enough hours to pay their bills, you go girl!

To the ETL-AP who answered nicely enough with mostly Spot canned responses I know you were doing your best and your suggestion that she talk to the ETL-HR, well there's a reason she picked you to talk to in the first place.

To the ETL-HR who called said TM into the office a while later so they could spend a very uncomfortable 40 minutes together, that was a dick move.

According to the TM all you said was the same thing the ETL-AP did only slowly (English might be her second language but she's not dumb), condescendingly, and with little or no sense of history.

To my PTL recognizing me at a huddle for something that you were annoyed with me for earlier that is confusing and frustrating.
If it's your way of apologizing or trying to show you understand, I still don't get it.

To my plano coworker who openly admitted that he would rather dump things on me because the pressure from the PTL and ETL-HL had gotten to be overwhelming.
Hey, I understand but you know what ... f u c k you, anyway.

Last edited:
to this one team member who got butt hurt because i drove his girlfriend (another TM) home the other day...

your retarded dude...your that type thats over protective of his girl, she told me that you get jealous and flip out easily and how you expect her to be a certain way, wont go into details here, but seriously your retarded for making her feel that way,

and scolding her because i drove her home? your f**ked up dude, you dont trust her and OBVIOUSLY dont trust me to think ile pull some move on someone who loves you more than anything, you honestly think im a home wrecker like that?....

and i said whats up to you today and you completely ignored me...seriously? no wonder she has a problem with how you are...change your f***king attitude and maybe you wont be such a sad and angry prick

to this one team member who got butt hurt because i drove his girlfriend (another TM) home the other day...

your retarded dude...your that type thats over protective of his girl, she told me that you get jealous and flip out easily and how you expect her to be a certain way, wont go into details here, but seriously your retarded for making her feel that way,

and scolding her because i drove her home? your f**ked up dude, you dont trust her and OBVIOUSLY dont trust me to think ile pull some move on someone who loves you more than anything, you honestly think im a home wrecker like that?....

and i said whats up to you today and you completely ignored me...seriously? no wonder she has a problem with how you are...change your f***king attitude and maybe you wont be such a sad and angry prick

Reminds me of a time I told one of my cashiers to take a lane and her boyfriend(The guest attendant), came up to me a few minutes later and started cussing me out and threatening me because I disrespected his girl and tried "gettin at it." Needless to say he was fired a week later and the workplace is a lot better because of it!

Oh god sounds like an episode out of the oc.

Boundaries man. Gotta respect them. Their relationship is none of your business. Just be careful because if you get involved in any way, that tm could report you for harassment, even if it happens off the clock. Your intentions seem honorable, I just recommend not getting pulled into the whole situation.

Dear ETL-HL and ETL-GS, While you decided it would be a great idea to set up the new tvs on the tv wall, instead of letting the TL-HL and Electronics-TMs do it ... perhaps SHEERING A COAXIAL PORT OFF THE BACK OF A NEW TV wasn't a great idea. Also, the next time you 'hook something up' try taking the coax cable from the wall INTO the tv instead of from the wall back into the wall again.

Also, if those tv boxes are still in the fire tunnel when i come in, i will somethingsomething.
I have already written off any hope that the booklets, remotes, baseplates are catalogued and organized for future clearance sales ...

who let you two idiots out in public?

Oh god sounds like an episode out of the oc.

Boundaries man. Gotta respect them. Their relationship is none of your business. Just be careful because if you get involved in any way, that tm could report you for harassment, even if it happens off the clock. Your intentions seem honorable, I just recommend not getting pulled into the whole situation.

yea i can understand that, im not a person who will do that to someone and get between a relationship, because its happened to me before...and it SUCKS!

funny thing is, he flipped out on another tm just because he sat at food ave with her on his break while she waited for her BFs shift to end...

To one particular ETL:

"Just wanted to give you a heads-up, I touched base with [some TL], so if you could partner with her to complete a couple of POGs, that's a great opportunity to fill some endcaps and really drive sales. You'll do that? Great! I will communicate that to her."

OMG, can you please stop talking like that?! Your Managerese is not professional, it's pretentious and vapid. Talk to me like a regular person.

We get it, you grew up in Louisiana. Now can you stop saying it every time someone mentions that your lunch makes the microwave smell like an autopsy?

to the team members who dont know how to talk on the walkie properly...

before you say anything...hold the button for ONE SECOND AND THEN TALK! when you say something automatically when you press the button all i hear is a skip and idk if you heard me calling you...this annoys me tremendously, especially when the ETLs do it.

and take the walkie out of your mouth! it sounds like im at a baseball game when you talk to me like that.

Last edited:
To the one cashier who decided to take the hanger bin back to the back room while I was on break: Bad cashier! I timed my break so there would be three cashiers on the floor, and knowing one would be shutting off her light to leave by the time I got back. Only, I got back to one cashier, another with her light shut off to leave, and a very long line of angry guests because you decided to take back the hanger bin. If it was that full, I would have asked the cart attendant to do it. Also, doing it while I was on break? No, just, no. Also, I gave you my walkie and keys, but you didn't even have my walkie with you, so we couldn't call you back. Next time, anyone but you gets my walkie.

To that one GSA, you will probably never speak to me again after today, but I'm okay with that, because, how dare you?

You called up on Saturday night, and asked to speak to the GSTM, who is your friend, only I was covering her lunch. So instead, you ask me to grab a copy of a movie we had on sale and get you a rain check for it because you forgot to buy it during the past 7 days (but didn't forget all the other junk you constantly horde at guest services). I said I wasn't sure if the computer would let me do it since we had so many copies of it available. You told me to try anyway, and you would hold while I did so. I told you I didn't have time then (minor lie) and I would get to it in a bit. I'm really glad you never called back to check on it.

Anyway, I grabbed the movie off the shelf, and thought about it for a while...would it go through....would it be traced back to me... I finally called the LOD (as I would do if any TM puts me in a situation that could possibly get me written up) and explained what happened without using your name. He, of course, told me no, and wanted to know who it was. So I told him. He said he would talk to you.

So you're going to be pissed that I "tattled" on you. I don't care. I'm more pissed that you would put me in that sort of position in the first place. I know I should have just said no to you in the first place. Clearly I need to work on my backbone, and was trying to be too nice, and it backfired. For that, I'm sorry. For beyond that, I'm not.

Heck, I'm the one who mentioned to ap the other day about the conversation that two TMs were having about the TM who will give out hot dogs out of FA "on the side" to TMs when she's working. I'm not looking for trouble, but sometimes people need to stop causing it.

To one particular ETL:

"Just wanted to give you a heads-up, I touched base with [some TL], so if you could partner with her to complete a couple of POGs, that's a great opportunity to fill some endcaps and really drive sales. You'll do that? Great! I will communicate that to her."

OMG, can you please stop talking like that?! Your Managerese is not professional, it's pretentious and vapid. Talk to me like a regular person.

oh god, a hundred times this ...

i cannot stand the amount of 'managerese' used as some sort of vapid attempt to excite me about putting new stuff somewhere and making sure the pog system is synchronous with its new location, or to try and get me to wag my tail like a drunken puppy about 'perfectly zoning the dvds.'

Seriously? This is how you think real people interact? This sounds like something you'd read directly off of a powerpoint at a ****ty management training seminar.

To one particular ETL:

oh god, a hundred times this ...

i cannot stand the amount of 'managerese' used as some sort of vapid attempt to excite me about putting new stuff somewhere and making sure the pog system is synchronous with its new location, or to try and get me to wag my tail like a drunken puppy about 'perfectly zoning the dvds.'

Seriously? This is how you think real people interact? This sounds like something you'd read directly off of a powerpoint at a ****ty management training seminar.

If one more person tells me that I have opportunities that I need to address, I'm going to start frothing at the mouth.

nooooooob team member
TM: can you pull an item from "the back"? ( i hate when they say that btw -___-)

me: yea whats the DPCI?

TM: (says DPCI)

me: no sorry we dont have any

TM: well the guest came from another store and it says that we have some

me: there isnt any back here they might be all pushed out to the floor

TM: where on the floor is it?

me: (checks) its on aisle A5 in chemicals

TM: ok thanks
2 seconds later....
TM: there not here are you sure there isnt any in "the back"?

me: no there isnt any back here and if its not there then were sold out

TM: the guest said that we have some so can you check?

me: -__________________- :facepalm:
theres ZERO locations and theres NONE out on the floor its sold out, theres nothing else i can do sorry

TM: do you know when we will be getting more in?

me: possibly tomorrow since its a truck day

TM: can you hold it when it comes?

me: no we cant hold any thing, especially if we dont have it in the store

TM:eek:h ok

all of this over DRYER SHEETS :facepalm:

To that one GSA, you will probably never speak to me again after today, but I'm okay with that, because, how dare you?

You called up on Saturday night, and asked to speak to the GSTM, who is your friend, only I was covering her lunch. So instead, you ask me to grab a copy of a movie we had on sale and get you a rain check for it because you forgot to buy it during the past 7 days (but didn't forget all the other junk you constantly horde at guest services). I said I wasn't sure if the computer would let me do it since we had so many copies of it available. You told me to try anyway, and you would hold while I did so. I told you I didn't have time then (minor lie) and I would get to it in a bit. I'm really glad you never called back to check on it.

Anyway, I grabbed the movie off the shelf, and thought about it for a while...would it go through....would it be traced back to me... I finally called the LOD (as I would do if any TM puts me in a situation that could possibly get me written up) and explained what happened without using your name. He, of course, told me no, and wanted to know who it was. So I told him. He said he would talk to you.

So you're going to be pissed that I "tattled" on you. I don't care. I'm more pissed that you would put me in that sort of position in the first place. I know I should have just said no to you in the first place. Clearly I need to work on my backbone, and was trying to be too nice, and it backfired. For that, I'm sorry. For beyond that, I'm not.

Heck, I'm the one who mentioned to ap the other day about the conversation that two TMs were having about the TM who will give out hot dogs out of FA "on the side" to TMs when she's working. I'm not looking for trouble, but sometimes people need to stop causing it.

Eh... the first scenario, I can see where you're coming from because it could've possibly put your neck on the line to do something like that, but.. the second scenario? I don't agree with going to tattle on people when it doesn't concern you, you have no part in the matter, and it wasn't told to you in the first place. What that TM is doing is wrong, but personally I would just have not mentioned anything. Let that person get caught on their own. You can go and "snitch" until the cows come home but when it comes down to it no one is going to have your back if sh*t hits the fan, plus you are going to make a lot of enemies that way and make your own work life miserable.

"You can go and "snitch" until the cows come home but when it comes down to it no one is going to have your back if sh*t hits the fan, plus you are going to make a lot of enemies that way and make your own work life miserable."

My store has a "No Snitch" mentality. It allows some people to take 45 minute breaks and hour lunches. These aren't people I want at my back when sh*t hits the fan.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

All I did was mention to AP that I had heard the conversation between two TMs. The only TM's name mentioned was the one who may be giving out free food. I told him I know they can't/shouldn't do anything based on that alone, but if it meant something to them, it was their information for the taking. If stuff hits the fan, this lady is the LAST person I want in my corner.

"You can go and "snitch" until the cows come home but when it comes down to it no one is going to have your back if sh*t hits the fan, plus you are going to make a lot of enemies that way and make your own work life miserable."

My store has a "No Snitch" mentality. It allows some people to take 45 minute breaks and hour lunches. These aren't people I want at my back when sh*t hits the fan.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

That's not what I meant. I meant in case anything goes wrong, AP, your ETLs etc, are not going to protect you over themselves just because you provided them with the information. To most people higher up on the Target food chain we are so completely disposable and they would rather save their own ass any day then have good morals and stand up for a TM who gave them that well intentioned info.

And also, I will share a wonderful bit of information my Sr. TL told me once: "When you spend time worrying about what others are doing, you stop doing your own job as best as you can. Even though you think management doesn't notice, we can tell the good workers from the bad and eventually their shenanigans will catch up to them."

Meaning, it is none of my business if someone takes a 45 min break. If no one notices, it is not my problem, because eventually they will without you having to say anything. For example, when it's just you and said person on the floor and someone comes around looking for them and take note of the unusual amount of time they've been gone, they'll start to monitor them more closely. If you are asked, I would just say, "They're on break" and not "They're on break. Been gone for 45 mins!!!"

I frankly believe that if what someone is doing does not DIRECTLY affect me (as in I'd get in trouble for covering them), then it's best to just not get involved. And even if you work in the same dept and something doesn't get done because said person was gone for so long or slacking, you can just tell your TL, ETL, LOD, "Here's what I did, X, Y, and Z" and let the other person answer for their own actions. Be accountable for what you did, make it known that you have nothing to hide regarding what you worked on all day, and let the other person do the same for themselves. It is my belief that I do not need to inject myself in any un-needed drama. Remember, none of us are Target "perfect" 100% of the time and all that unnecessary providing of information to the higher ups can really come back to bite you in the butt if said TM finds out, and worse, if they rally other TMs against you to bring you down as well.

As for your last quote, I don't think that'll hold up too well in a world where your higher ups aren't as righteous as you and quite frankly don't give a damn most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back