To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTETL: you didn't say a word or even acknowledge me today. It was very pleasant.

When I was a cashier, I had a GSTL like that. Just hearing her voice made me want to throw iPads into the compactor. Luckily, she is no longer at my store.

TTOTL:

Executive I might add. GS... ETL... So, a guest has been waiting for some time for an item to be removed from the backroom location. You and Guest Service are befuddled since the Get for Guest tab doesn't say (1). 10-15 pass before you consult with me, a BRTM. Even if you weren't trained in this [as a darn ETL you should have, my opinion >_>] just READ the menu and use inference. I ask, "what is the guest's name?" "Suchandsuch" I go in "Order Inquiry", scroll to Suchandsuch, tap, see DPCI, find corresponding box in hold location, remove from location, hand to ETL, get out of my backroom. Wasting my time with something this trivial.

TTOTL:

Executive I might add. GS... ETL... So, a guest has been waiting for some time for an item to be removed from the backroom location. You and Guest Service are befuddled since the Get for Guest tab doesn't say (1). 10-15 pass before you consult with me, a BRTM. Even if you weren't trained in this [as a darn ETL you should have, my opinion >_>] just READ the menu and use inference. I ask, "what is the guest's name?" "Suchandsuch" I go in "Order Inquiry", scroll to Suchandsuch, tap, see DPCI, find corresponding box in hold location, remove from location, hand to ETL, get out of my backroom. Wasting my time with something this trivial.
ETL and STL in training, saw them in my backroom down an aisle, during my cafing and ask them what they were doing. Etl: "We are just filling an endcap that looks kinda empty. Me: oh i didnt see any research or exfs dropped Etl: we are using subt Me: do you know how to drop as research? Etl: Of course, but im sure you can explain it better then i could, so would you show him? ETL then watches intensely as i show how to open app and scan something....

ETL and STL in training, saw them in my backroom down an aisle, during my cafing and ask them what they were doing. Etl: "We are just filling an endcap that looks kinda empty. Me: oh i didnt see any research or exfs dropped Etl: we are using subt Me: do you know how to drop as research? Etl: Of course, but im sure you can explain it better then i could, so would you show him? ETL then watches intensely as i show how to open app and scan something....

I can't... I just can't even. *facepalm*

TTOTL:

This. I had to do a flex fulfill at Guest Services last night because no-one bothered to train the front end with the new 'batch' of fresh-fish. The ETL doesnt know how to use her ears to discern what the question is amidst all the confused blathering coming out of the babyGSA. .... gaaaah

ttotm: When a guest says "how are you?" the correct response is NEVER "I'm SOOOOOO tired and I don't get a break for another HOUR!" It's totally inappropriate, the guest doesn't even care, and it makes you and Spot both look unprofessional. And you do it with every single guest! Here are some vocabulary words for you to study:

JUST
FINE
THANKS

We have a tm who will just blankly stare at a guest until they leave her alone. Sometimes, when she's in a good mood she will respond to questions with "I don't know..."

Seriously.

TTOTM: The 4 tms who had to finish your work don't appreciate picking up your slack and finishing your job after you leave because you were more interested in talking to other TMs than working. If you cant work and talk, then please keep the chatter for when you're off he clock.

To the softlines team: Seriously? You're standing around chatting when the GSTL and LOD are all over the walkie calling for back-ups? At least us hardlines folks had a good reason for our side of the store looking like crap (monster CAFs and unending back-up calls which softlines ignored).

To a few specific team members: Thank you for helping me out in P-Fresh last week. I rarely get scheduled in market, so I was a little rusty on the routines. You guys were a huge help to me.

To that one ETL: Calling a huddle, then starting it off with, "Now, [my name], I'm not saying it was you, and I'm not saying it wasn't, but when you [thing I apparently did sometime this morning, even though I didn't come in until the afternoon], you need to own up to it!" is so far from being cool...Stop singling me out for stupid shit that it's obvious I didn't do, since it always seems to be for shit that happens when your current pet is in, and not me...

To that one ETL: Calling a huddle, then starting it off with, "Now, [my name], I'm not saying it was you, and I'm not saying it wasn't, but when you [thing I apparently did sometime this morning, even though I didn't come in until the afternoon], you need to own up to it!" is so far from being cool...Stop singling me out for stupid shit that it's obvious I didn't do, since it always seems to be for shit that happens when your current pet is in, and not me...

Worst kind of management technique ever.

To that one TM (or whoever): why in the world would you leave a huge UNCOVERED Starbucks cup of water sitting on the desk in the TSC?!? I can only hope it was your paperwork I drenched when I accidentally knocked it over.

To that other TM: thank you for helping me clean up that mini-flood.

To the closing ETLs last night...
Would it kill you to actually call the zone over the walkie or intercom? You just about left 4 people behind in the store (including myself) and neither of you could even apologize? I don't care that it had only been a few minutes since you told everyone who had gathered up front to clock out! It's your responsibility to make sure everyone in the dayside team gets out and that's a little difficult when you don't use the freaking walkie to communicate at the end of the night!

To that one etl.. I was honestly happy and proud to see you finally step up and lead this past weekend. I wish you would do it more often. I know the stl is your boss but I find it so annoying when he tells you things that YOU know isnt the right thing to do and you go along with it ....instead of standing up to him. I did hear you stand up to him this weekend ....I was glad that I was there to overhear it !

Last edited:
tto pharmacist:
1. instead of dropping not-so-subtle hints that you want me to do things a certain way, why don't you just ask me?
2. please don't ever try to get me to talk bad about my PIC ever again. Shhhhh.
3. stop liking guests I hate and treating them like royalty so that they stop thinking we're going to do extravagant things for them like spending 45 minutes on hold with insurance only to find out EXACTLY the same thing I told them yesterday...or filling 3 "urgent" rxs at 6:57pm...

To that Etl: if anyone else pulled the shit you pull, they would've been fired long ago. I hope for the day I come in and am informed you're no longer with target. I may throw a party on the roof that day.

TTO group of ETLS... I can't tell you how nice it was to see three of you college graduates take twenty minutes to put a stroller together for a guest. Oh wait, one ETL put that stroller together and the other two just stood there and stared instead of backing me up or helping the guests trying to use the registry/photo kiosks. Thanks to that ONE specific GE-ETL that flat out told me, oh I won't get that for you from the storage closet, you'll have to get someone else to do it. Apparently witnessing the other ETL put that stroller together was far more important than taking five minutes to get that box of ESIM bags for me... you know while I was helping that line of guests that you were ignoring.

TTO group of ETLS... I can't tell you how nice it was to see three of you college graduates take twenty minutes to put a stroller together for a guest. Oh wait, one ETL put that stroller together and the other two just stood there and stared instead of backing me up or helping the guests trying to use the registry/photo kiosks. Thanks to that ONE specific GE-ETL that flat out told me, oh I won't get that for you from the storage closet, you'll have to get someone else to do it. Apparently witnessing the other ETL put that stroller together was far more important than taking five minutes to get that box of ESIM bags for me... you know while I was helping that line of guests that you were ignoring.

Wow, I built all the stroller displays and they takes like ten minutes max.
He might have had to spend ten minutes getting the tools but it's a one person job and the other two are what my dad called SAWTDITHs. Standing around with their dick in their hands.

Wow...just...wow.

To that one ETL who communicates effectively excessively: At this point, hearing your voice on the walkie might be worse than hearing the damn Kidz Bop on the electronics TVs several times.
This!
We have a SrTL who is so condescending on the walkie. She has a very nasal voice and every sentence ends by going way up in pitch. Sometimes I just have to turn off my walkie!

Ttotm, I'd like to know how you thought it was good idea to backstock dry pet food into the freezer

To that one ETL who communicates effectively excessively: At this point, hearing your voice on the walkie might be worse than hearing the damn Kidz Bop on the electronics TVs several times.
This!
We have a SrTL who is so condescending on the walkie. She has a very nasal voice and every sentence ends by going way up in pitch. Sometimes I just have to turn off my walkie!

I was six months into the job at Target and I had this ETL that every time she spoke to me, it felt like a coaching... not just a regular.. hey we can do this better if we try it this way coaching... oh no. Her idea of coaching was to be as condescending as possible. I finally pulled her aside and told her that I was not 10 years old, I am an adult who can take constructive criticism especially when it comes to my performance on the job, that I found her condescending nature very unprofessional and that if she couldn't talk to me like an adult then HR and the STL can sit in at our next "chat" where I can explain my issues with this ETL. Never had a coaching of any kind from her again, in fact she kinda avoided me after that.

TTOTM I posted about earlier....

YES!! Something was finally done about your negativity and favoritism. You are being switched to another team. I only hope you do not drive them as crazy as you drove me this past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back