To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the ENTIRE SALESFLOOR TEAM:

I wish you punch you all in the face. I should not have over a dozen price discrepancies in ONE FOUR HOUR SHIFT! Especially not one that's over $60.

*sigh*

To that one TM stop hiding in the dressing room saying I am fixing my make-up ( please) I know you are texting!! I can literally see you!! Stop lying and stay off the phone and stop spending 10 mins in there!

TTOTM: You're considered the employee of the month because you get the most RedCards, but what everyone doesn't know is that you go to the bathroom maybe for 30 minutes every so often to pop pills. We all know. We've all heard. Except the GSTL/GSA/LOD/STL, everyone but the people that can fire you know you pop pills in the bathroom during your shift. Yet, you're still considered the employee of the month..... because you get the most redcards. Shame.

To that one TM:

Good lord, you walk over an hour to work every day? That's commitment. I truly hope the ETLs recognize this and not use that as a reason to screw you over.
We had a girl at our Target like that. I don't know how far away she lived but she walked in all weathers and even after closing. We'd try to offer her a ride and every once in awhile she'd accept one. She did get fired eventually which I never understood as she was a good tm and a very hard worker.

To that one TM:

Good lord, you walk over an hour to work every day? That's commitment. I truly hope the ETLs recognize this and not use that as a reason to screw you over.

Truth. We have one team member I didn't care for. He is a bit of a dick. After finding out that he walks 4 miles one way made me think differently. You have to respect that kind of dedication, especially for the pay.

To my PMT, can you try not to brag about taking 2-4 hour naps in your office, or the fact that you stash old tablets and electronic displays in your there and play around with them all day, or your $16+ an hour rate, your 40+ hours a week, your free food/drinks from our STL, and stop rubbing how much less work you have to do on a day to day basis compared to the rest of us in our face, my tolerance for your bs is wearing thin.

To those two gstl's. Do you really thing saying to the cart attendants - if you don't do hanger bins, we are going to coach you is a positive way to approach things? How about walking up to each one and say, don't forget to do the hanger bins..
Stop being bossy and be the boss.

To that one stl - no, having peanut butter and jelly and a loaf of white bread thrown on a table in the break room is not going to make us feel like a team or like you better...now if you set up a table, made us sandwiches, offered us a drink, poured it for us, set up a plate and served it to each of us at a table.. That would be nice.. Very nice. I would not feel like you were throwing us some scraps.

To my former PMT: You were the hardest worker, ever! Target is lucky to have you, but they don't appreciate you. The store never wanted for anything, maintenance wise. I hope you know what an asset you are. I hope you find something that pays you what you are worth. You are amazing!

And to that one GSTL: Calm down with the backup. You call over the walkie literally begging for two team members for backup and when I go up there, there's barely any guests there. Each line had 2-3 guests at most. I understand you want the guests to wait as little as possible at checkout, but you can't call for backup every single time more than 2 people are in a line. You're wasting everyone's time.

Guess what: the same GSTL just asked me to come for backup. There were literally 2 people in each line. One person was being checked out, the person behind already had their items on the belt. She had to wait for a guest to come so she can sent them to me. What's the point of going for backup if your just waiting for guests to arrive? If the checklanes are that quiet, let me get mo own work done.

@dannyy315 I know when certain etl's are in the store they get angry if we don't call for backup when we have more then 2 guests in line. I hate calling for backup if I don't need it. I also don't like getting yelled at by nervous etl's. Sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I will say to the backups. I'm sorry xxxx is here, I had to appease him.
-----------------------------------
To that one gstl. I'm am SO glad you aren't in tomorrow and I don't have to look at your face.
How sad it is that I look at her schedule too when the schedule is posted.

Speaking of front-end management... TTOGSA:

I'm so glad you don't work here that often.

You're often found hiding behind guest service chatting with the folks there.
When I submit a change request, it's because I need something, not just for shits and giggles. Responding to the request an hour later after being reminded kind of defeats the purpose.
You don't even bother to write a break schedule! You just go off what's given to you from MyTime. This is assuming you even remember that us cashiers need breaks...

Just, ugh

Sounds like my store we have chatty cathy and her crew at my store texting and then drinking her starbucks.

Does your state have some sort of overtime law that would prevent a shift that make sense?

Nope. I overreacted though. I'm back down, now. The shift looked pretty similar to one I work pretty often, 6 hours in SL, then 2 in fr so I'm gonna assume it was an honest mistake. Here's hoping I now learned the lesson that I can't wait until the day before a shift to look at the schedule lol. And I'm sure they'll fix it somehow.

Nope. I overreacted though. I'm back down, now. The shift looked pretty similar to one I work pretty often, 6 hours in SL, then 2 in fr so I'm gonna assume it was an honest mistake. Here's hoping I now learned the lesson that I can't wait until the day before a shift to look at the schedule lol. And I'm sure they'll fix it somehow.
You can check out your schedule online too.

TTOTM: Wow. Some of the things you say out loud are just... wow. How are you not noticing the looks of astonishment you're getting from people?
Ok, I'm going to give you some advice. It was a great suggestion you had at the huddle when you blurted out "just hire more people and we won't have these problems", but the LOD was in the middle of saying something and it really wasn't the time to make that comment. The death glare he gave you for a second seemed to go completely unnoticed by you.
Also, maybe don't complain about how the ETLs don't do enough work... to an ETL. And definitely don't tell the ETL that he should clean out the fridge because "it really stinks in there".
Also, saying a TM is annoying and talks too much... in front of that TM... at the huddle, is also a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back