To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some little friendly reminders and requests for my fellow coworkers:
1) The receiving keys are for the receiver, who works in receiving and needs them to do their job. In receiving. So when you hear me asking several times "has anyone seen the receiving keys," I'd really appreciate it if you responded. I don't think I'm being unreasonable about this; I have no problem handing them off if you need to operate the baler or use equipment while I'm busy with something else. But when I'm starting my shift and I can't find the damn keys in the box, and nobody's speaking up I'm going to be a little pissed. Especially when its TL who grabbed my keys. And didn't sign them out.

2) On the weekends, please stop using receiving as your fucking dumping ground and leaving me a mess that takes half my shift to clean up. That means no reshop, no stacks of pallets, PIPOs, a pile of defectives in front of the computer, etc.

2) On the weekends, please stop using receiving as your fucking dumping ground and leaving me a mess that takes half my shift to clean up. That means no reshop, no stacks of pallets, PIPOs, a pile of defectives in front of the computer, etc.
It's like this at my store too. The reciever says she absolutely hates Mondays for this reason.

It's like this at my store too. The reciever says she absolutely hates Mondays for this reason.
Gotta put the fear of good into them. My receiver would shank you in the parking lot...and since they won't fire his ass we all have to work accordingly. Only mir/recall on desk. In neat piles. With notes. Or else.

Gotta put the fear of good into them. My receiver would shank you in the parking lot...and since they won't fire his ass we all have to work accordingly. Only mir/recall on desk. In neat piles. With notes. Or else.
She's worked for Target for over 20 years. She's tried everything. Nobody gives a crap.

TTOGSTL, FATM, FATL, and GSA working yesterday, and other tms who came by to purchase food: THANK YOU for being patient with me while I covered food ave breaks alone for the first time (no formal training, just learned the basics on the fly one day). It was fun to try something new.

Not really any specific person, but I see it enough where it happens more than it should. If you're a trainer, leader, any form or authoritative figure and you spend a good chunk of time just talking and shooting the shit, don't get cranky when team members follow suit. This may come across as naive, given the workload and responsibilities they have, but I'm skeptical as to why I should follow orders verbatim from someone who is acting like they have their own show on the CW.

1. Our store is not allowed to call people who do not show for their shift - even if they have worked there forever and have never been late or NCNS ever.

TTOTM - Please buy some headphones. I do not want to listen to your stupid videos played on the highest volume when I am trying to eat or relax on my "break". Your guffaws and snorts while viewing said videos are killing me.

TTOTM: stop standing there looking bored watching me bust my ass! I even gave you an easy in by mentioning that I was probably not leaving you any work because I'm so used to doing it myself that I was on autopilot, and your only response was, "yeah, I was like, 'I hope she doesn't think I'm lazy!'" hint... I kind of do. especially since when I specifically give you a task to do, you half-ass the first part and then leave the rest unfinished. show a little initiative, please.

TTOSTL: Everyone is complaining about how their hours were cut because of us having several new people all of a sudden, and you're saying we need to hire more? How about you give us some hours back. The people you've been cutting are the people who need to train the new people, and if you keep leaving us with less than 20 hours, you can have your new people train our replacements.

TTOTM.....based on the sample of yours you left in the urinal in the Backroom TM restroom....you need to drink more water.

1. Our store is not allowed to call people who do not show for their shift - even if they have worked there forever and have never been late or NCNS ever.

TTOTM - Please buy some headphones. I do not want to listen to your stupid videos played on the highest volume when I am trying to eat or relax on my "break". Your guffaws and snorts while viewing said videos are killing me.
I have one who has headphones...which means you hear the guffaws while he slurps and chomps his food with his mouth open and sprays food particles everywhere....

TTOTM: Dude, when someone pulls out a knife and starts fiddling with it while they're yelling at you, TELL US!! IMMEDIATELY! Not 30 minutes after the shit head leaves! We want to kick these people out at the very least, and probably would have called the cops on his ass!
TTOTPS: WTF were you thinking? You don't chase after people into the parking lot demanding merchandise back. I know you were frustrated with corporate policies, but just go with the flow and quit if you're that frustrated, don't jump the shark!

Along the same lines: please take your personal phone call in the hallway or outside. Nobody wants to listen to you gush to your boyfriend how much you miss him and can't wait to see him later. Especially since i can't imagine anyone actually WANTING to have sex with you!

Last edited:
Along the same lines: please take your personal phone call in the hallway or outside. Nobody wants to listen to you gush to your boyfriend how much you miss him and can't wait to see him later. Especially since i can't imagine anyone actually WABTING to have sex with you!

I'll keep this going.

TTOTM: I know some people enjoy speaking to each other during their breaks. But if you sit down across from someone and talk at them for fifteen minutes and the other person doesn't respond it is because they might not want to have a conversation at that moment for whatever reason. Thankfully I have never had you sit across from me although I have been in the break room when you've taken a sit across from someone else and I can feel the frustration from the other person as you speak to them and they just sit there.

I'll keep this going.

TTOTM: I know some people enjoy speaking to each other during their breaks. But if you sit down across from someone and talk at them for fifteen minutes and the other person doesn't respond it is because they might not want to have a conversation at that moment for whatever reason. Thankfully I have never had you sit across from me although I have been in the break room when you've taken a sit across from someone else and I can feel the frustration from the other person as you speak to them and they just sit there.
OMG YES!!!! There was one TM at my store who would talk to anyone and everyone and whoever she spoke to either answered in one or two words or ignores her altogether and she NEVER got the hint!!!!

TTOTM: My schedule is none of your business. Target's your second job, and you only work a couple hours per week. This is my only job right now, and yes, I am scheduled for 44 hours Fourth of July week. Our ETL gave me an extra shift to train for something new. That's between her and I and has nothing to do with you. So grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back