To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TtoTL: Hearing you scoff about how "women can't lift anything on their own" when someone needed help with a team lift and THEN seeing our female flow team lead march over and lift the damn thing up with no problem was kind of hilarious. You on the other hand are kind of out of shape and you move very slowly and aren't anywhere near as strong as she is so your misogynistic comment was invalid

TtoTL: Hearing you scoff about how "women can't lift anything on their own" when someone needed help with a team lift and THEN seeing our female flow team lead march over and lift the damn thing up with no problem was kind of hilarious. You on the other hand are kind of out of shape and you move very slowly and aren't anywhere near as strong as she is so your misogynistic comment was invalid

What an ass.

It always seems to take guests by surprise when I call for a team lift in furniture and one of the girls in hardlines comes over to help........and doesn't struggle at all.

To that one TM: If you're taking care of cardboard and you don't have a baler key, you go find an adult somebody with a key. You do not throw half a fucking cage's worth of cardboard into the compactor, call it a day then nonchalantly tell me what you did as I'm headed back to my area.

Damn right I told your TL that you jammed the compactor with that little stunt.

To the whole flow team: there is no need to be rude or mean. If you want me to do things your way or the right way, stop what your doing and actually show me. I understand if i had been there a year and just randomly throw stuff in the warehouse but ive only been here a month.

To my favorite electronics TM, thank you so much for buying me lunch when I had that little credit card scare. Holy shit you're awesome.
To the new ETL-LOG, you seem pretty cool! Unlike the last person you actually do stuff and help out instead of standing around and playing with your phone and you haven't left truck shit all over the place yet. You seem very promising!

To the whole flow team: there is no need to be rude or mean. If you want me to do things your way or the right way, stop what your doing and actually show me. I understand if i had been there a year and just randomly throw stuff in the warehouse but ive only been here a month.

The flow team is really rude to Cashiers too most of the time. Well, not rude. They're civil, but they're dicks in the way that they don't wanna interact at all, they just want you to get the f out of their face, even though you're about 4-5 feet away from them lol. I think it's kind of a Universal thing where the Flow teams really only like working with eachother and hate everyone else in the store and don't care until their job is harder for them because of something someone did, then it's the end of the world.

lol every time a Flow member checks out in my lane in the morning they pretty much ignore every thing I say or do. One time a lady working FLOW got some groceries and literally ignoring every word I said. She stared at me every time I spoke up lol. I put her 2 loaves of Bread with her eggs in the bottom of the bag and was gonna give it to her but she suddenly snapped at me and told me to put the bread in a separate bag. I don't blame them, overnights suck most of the time. But I mean god damn lol, if you don't like all the Physical work you have to do then you better let someone who does take over for you and come up to the far easier job... cashiering lol.

I've heard more severe stories from other TMs. One guy apparently told her(a fellow casier) he just wanted to get out so she had to bag his bags quickly or he was gonna get really upset and report her/complain for taking too long to our GSTL.

The walmart warehouse workers were way cooler than that. I used to work at a Subway in our Walmart and they'd always come up like buds and sometimes their manager would buy them their sandwiches and sometimes not, but it was always good and fun talking to them. I'd have to walk back to their warehouse to dispose of our trash since we had to share dumpsters with Walmart and there were people constantly lifting heavy boxes, using heavy equipment; an older man was building bikes and hanging them up all on his own on the ceiling in the warehouse. Always said hi to him and he'd say hi back and we'd talk for a bit and he seemed content.

The flow team is really rude to Cashiers too most of the time. Well, not rude. They're civil, but they're dicks in the way that they don't wanna interact at all, they just want you to get the f out of their face, even though you're about 4-5 feet away from them lol. I think it's kind of a Universal thing where the Flow teams really only like working with eachother and hate everyone else in the store and don't care until their job is harder for them because of something someone did, then it's the end of the world.

lol every time a Flow member checks out in my lane in the morning they pretty much ignore every thing I say or do. One time a lady working FLOW got some groceries and literally ignoring every word I said. She stared at me every time I spoke up lol. I put her 2 loaves of Bread with her eggs in the bottom of the bag and was gonna give it to her but she suddenly snapped at me and told me to put the bread in a separate bag. I don't blame them, overnights suck most of the time. But I mean god damn lol, if you don't like all the Physical work you have to do then you better let someone who does take over for you and come up to the far easier job... cashiering lol.

I've heard more severe stories from other TMs. One guy apparently told her(a fellow casier) he just wanted to get out so she had to bag his bags quickly or he was gonna get really upset and report her/complain for taking too long to our GSTL.

The walmart warehouse workers were way cooler than that. I used to work at a Subway in our Walmart and they'd always come up like buds and sometimes their manager would buy them their sandwiches and sometimes not, but it was always good and fun talking to them. I'd have to walk back to their warehouse to dispose of our trash since we had to share dumpsters with Walmart and there were people constantly lifting heavy boxes, using heavy equipment; an older man was building bikes and hanging them up all on his own on the ceiling in the warehouse. Always said hi to him and he'd say hi back and we'd talk for a bit and he seemed content.
Most of ours aren't so bad but a lot of the older ones are kind of cranky and do the bare minimum. Then there's also this one stoner guy who's on the other extreme end and is waaaaaaayyyy too happy and cheerful for someone who had to get up at 2am

When I closed a lot as GSA, I knew most of the flow team & they were pretty cool but clique-ish.
Quite a few earned the nickname 'nightcrawlers' because of appearance & I remember a cashier newb pointing out one with a more outre sense of fashion.
She nearly dropped her teeth when I told her they worked here.

My ex was on (now an Electronics TM) and his sister is on Flow Team, so the entire team for the most part don't really like me because they heard things that aren't true. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seriously, what the fuck is Flow's problem? This flow lady came in on her day off to pay her bill. She just tossed her paperwork on the counter and then turned away to stare into the distance while I did my thing. Then she asked me to staple her receipt in the most condenseding way possible. Like her head was kinda down, but here eyes were peering at me with her eyebrows raised.

Fuck that piece of shit. I otherwise almost never see flow, but every time I do, it's an unpleasant experience. It's rarely even a neutral experience. It's almost always bad in some way.

So many of our flow team also work electronics, Market, Sbux, or cashier. There isn't animosity between flow and anywhere else.

Usually the flow guys try to flirt with me a lot o_O
Most of the animosity in my store is between sales floor and front end because a lot of the cashiers call out regularly but never get coached yet we don't get away with that stuff

Most of my flow team is ok, but a few have been crankier than usual due to being jerked between overnight and early morning (because who wouldn't be cranky because of that?). They do, however, have a tendency to be very secretive regarding their arcane processes, i.e. custom blocks and working the line, so it makes it difficult to set the line because I have no idea whether or not I'm even arranging the pallets correctly.

Last edited:
So many of our flow team also work electronics, Market, Sbux, or cashier. There isn't animosity between flow and anywhere else.

Yeah I think it's our day time workers that do cross jobs. Have never seen them help up front though.

Seriously, what the fuck is Flow's problem? This flow lady came in on her day off to pay her bill. She just tossed her paperwork on the counter and then turned away to stare into the distance while I did my thing. Then she asked me to staple her receipt in the most condenseding way possible. Like her head was kinda down, but here eyes were peering at me with her eyebrows raised.

Fuck that piece of shit. I otherwise almost never see flow, but every time I do, it's an unpleasant experience. It's rarely even a neutral experience. It's almost always bad in some way.

Pretty much how all of my experience with flow goes lol. Never seem them except for in the morning when they're getting stuff for their house or whatever and it's the most anti-social experience ever. Haven't met one nice flow worker yet that does overnights or 4am shifts. I see a lot of our day time flow team, actually, a GSTL just transfered back there a few days ago. He's pretty cool, hope the flow mentality doesn't take over him.

A lot of our flow members too dress a bit weirder and look a bit different. But they don't have to worry too much since they're not the face of our store, I know that if they were our cashiers most of them would have to cut their hair so they can see and get rid of piercings and not dye their hair extraordinary colors.

Yeah I think it's our day time workers that do cross jobs. Have never seen them help up front though.

Pretty much how all of my experience with flow goes lol. Never seem them except for in the morning when they're getting stuff for their house or whatever and it's the most anti-social experience ever. Haven't met one nice flow worker yet that does overnights or 4am shifts. I see a lot of our day time flow team, actually, a GSTL just transfered back there a few days ago. He's pretty cool, hope the flow mentality doesn't take over him.

A lot of our flow members too dress a bit weirder and look a bit different. But they don't have to worry too much since they're not the face of our store, I know that if they were our cashiers most of them would have to cut their hair so they can see and get rid of piercings and not dye their hair extraordinary colors.

Our flow looks "different" too. But not because of piercings and hair color. I mean, I have hair that would make a peacock jealous, yet I work Service Desk. It's more how our flow TMs carry themselves and how they're groomed is what sets them apart. And the fact that they all act so disgruntled. It's not disgruntled like they're just tired, it's disgruntled as if I personally did something to ruin their day.

Our flow looks "different" too. But not because of piercings and hair color. I mean, I have hair that would make a peacock jealous, yet I work Service Desk. It's more how our flow TMs carry themselves and how they're groomed is what sets them apart. And the fact that they all act so disgruntled. It's not disgruntled like they're just tired, it's disgruntled as if I personally did something to ruin their day.
Having worked every possible shift at my store I can see it from all sides. Sf blames flow, flow blames sf. By the end of their shift the tl may have been riding their ad for hours, they just want to get their shit and get out. I've had the chance to pseudo-mediate and suggest solutions to each side. Some of it will never get fixed: old men are grumpy, lots of them chew with mouth open and talk to loud, and by sheer number they fill the breakroom. But talking to each other at our store has helped. Throwing truck together has helped. And generally letting everyone know that shit ain't gonna fly has helped.

The main thing that gets me about this TM is that they parade around like they are a boss and try to tell me what to do, it drives me crazy

I'm gonna assume we work at the same store because you just described a tm where I work & it drives me insane!

Ah yes! To that one GSA/sales floor team member hybrid who did some other stuff.....I was not sad to see you go.
I don't know why you cross trained in so many areas when you were gonna end up calling out of every shift that wasn't at guest services. And when you didn't call out? You literally just stood around and played with your phone while making other people do your work. I remember at the end of the night you asked me to fix up the clearance racks in your zone while you talked on your phone the whole time and didn't do shit. I didn't do it by the way lol. Also you sucked at guest services too and literally just stood there the entire time.
What was hilarious was when you put your two weeks in and you didn't show up for any of your last shifts. I'm still stunned that you never got fired

A several days late/preemptive TTOTM:

To the Backroom TL, PA(s), Salesfloor TL and everyone else: Can we just have a milk delivery happen without any fucking drama? I don't know who is obligated to do what and I don't care at this point. All I know is that twice a week it doesn't matter what the driver does or doesn't do, what the market team does or doesn't do or what I do or don't do. No matter what, I'm going to get an earful of bitching somebody about the delivery and how it should have gone. Or in my TL's case, an earful of yelling.

To the driver: You might be kind of an ass, you might be slacking off and getting the store to do part of your job. I don't know. And I don't care because out of this whole mess you've been pretty decent to me.

To the new driver: Good luck. I'm probably going to sit this one out.

For real, last Friday's delivery was so stressful I wanted to walk out 30 minutes into my shift. And I'm getting anxious over tomorrow's delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back