To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the women who works in our backroom was sexually harassed and bullied with racist slurs recently. The offender didn't even get a slap on the wrist. The woman, however, was told to "Just stay away from him", as if it was somehow her fault. This isn't even the first time the man has done something like this. He knows he can get away with it, so he won't stop.

I guarentee if someone took it up the ladder that person would be termed. Target is very lawsuit conscious. If she called the hotline there would be an immediate investigation.

The only loser in situations if people who dont stand up for themselves. If this story is really true, take action sooner than later.

Also, why are you telling guests you make bootleg DVDs? You're like a thousand different kinds of innapropriate. My bet in the actual wager is that you'll last just under a month before being termed. And yes, there is actually a betting pool.

Yup, seasonal terms do not count against your turnover -- little reason to keep a person like that. Two training shifts to get someone better.

One of the women who works in our backroom was sexually harassed and bullied with racist slurs recently. The offender didn't even get a slap on the wrist. The woman, however, was told to "Just stay away from him", as if it was somehow her fault. This isn't even the first time the man has done something like this. He knows he can get away with it, so he won't stop.
I've called and complained about my big problem tm every couple months for YEARS. Swearing, name calling, throwing pop-its fireworks...nothing. Except them telling him I was the one who reported him when I asked to be anonymous. And each and every incident had one or more other witnesses.

I don't have time to file another complaint with another state agency. It's been over a year on my unfair wage report. I'll be dead by time they take action.

Maybe it's time he took a ride in the baler.
I just refilled the degreaser & there's room in the walk-in.
His day is coming. I've been recording his filth for a solid year or so...the closer aptl and I get the more I bump into the lead investigator who is a big old fashioned male new England kind of retired cop. Couple batted eyelashes and whimpers about not feeling safe...it's done. His file has to fill a drawer.

This is one of my hot button pet peeves.
She needs to go to HR again, and if she gets told that again, she needs to document EVERY time she gets harassed and bullied. Start writing it down with dates. Take it to the labor board. Stand up for herself and make it stick.

Women and girls put up with male oriented bullshit every day. This had to stop. The asshole doing it needs to be taught a lesson on respect. Ugh, I'm so damn angry with this kind of crap. It's 2016, not 1916.

I completely agree with you. And when I said this wasn't the first time the man had done something like this, I meant the woman wasn't his first victim. It's his 2nd that I know of, but I'm sure I'd find more if I asked around.

Unfortunately, she's not going to take it any further unless he keeps harassing her, and he might just look for someone else to go after. She doesn't want to get him in trouble, she just wants to be left alone. It's the same reason why the last woman didn't take it further. This isn't something I can control; As her friend, I have to respect her decisions whether I agree or not. What I am going to do though is keep an eye on the guy, wait until he finds his next victim, and get him on video grabbing someone's butt or slinging racial slurs.

I've called and complained about my big problem tm every couple months for YEARS. Swearing, name calling, throwing pop-its fireworks...nothing. Except them telling him I was the one who reported him when I asked to be anonymous. And each and every incident had one or more other witnesses.

I don't have time to file another complaint with another state agency. It's been over a year on my unfair wage report. I'll be dead by time they take action.

That's sad that you've been calling for years with no resolution. It's hard to get people to care about things like this... People are jerks. I'm glad you're taking him down soon, lol.

TTOETL-AP: Do us all a favor and kindly GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SCUMBAG WE ARE ALL SO FUCKING SICK OF YOU. DONT THREATEN TO PDD YOUR TPS'S THE DAY YOU MEET US, RECEIPT CHECK US EVERY DAY, AND TREAT US LIKE WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE FUCKING DOING! While you were still in college we were here doing our fucking job and getting results. Now here you come and our shortage is up higher than its been in months, morale is at an all time low, and you think things are fine!?!? FUCK. YOU!

TTOTL: HOLY HELL. Schedule some people in meat after noon for fuck's sake! I hope the ETLs who are having to fetch turkeys for guests get on your ass all this week! Not only that, but you don't seem to get that there needs to be people in grocery ALL DAY, not just in the morning...
TTOTM: You're lazy as fuck. Telling guests that we are out of turkeys because you don't want to get into the freezer trailer is not acceptable. I hope you get what you deserve.
TTOETL: Thank you so much for responding promptly when I called for help with turkeys! You saved my sanity, for today.

In short, turkeys + market reinvention = Hell.

Ttotm- someone seriously hates me enough to schedule you and I together. You complain about everything and are a complete *itch to other people. Yet leadership loves you o_O

TTOTM: You are a very sweet person and I feel comfortable talking to you about stuff BUT:
1) Lunches are 30 minutes in our state/store. If you want to take longer and the LOD/our TL or ETL has no issue with it, whatever, but if I'm covering your break, and the LOD is anxiously waiting for me to finish, kindly return on time.
2) We have a tm with special needs. She works one day a week, typically with a job coach. She's gonna do what she's able to do. That's it. I wouldn't press the issue cause it's not our business and not worth it.

Yeah we have a special needs sftm too. She can only do reshop. Their coach is really nice.

TTOETL-AP: Do us all a favor and kindly GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SCUMBAG WE ARE ALL SO FUCKING SICK OF YOU. DONT THREATEN TO PDD YOUR TPS'S THE DAY YOU MEET US, RECEIPT CHECK US EVERY DAY, AND TREAT US LIKE WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE FUCKING DOING! While you were still in college we were here doing our fucking job and getting results. Now here you come and our shortage is up higher than its been in months, morale is at an all time low, and you think things are fine!?!? FUCK. YOU!
Ouch. I'm so sorry.

Ouch. I'm so sorry.
Tall, I'm not fucking kidding brother. This guy receipt checks my partner and I on the regular, and refuses to let us use the fucking cameras. His motto? "You can choose between two doors. Stand at this one, or leave through that one." We try to tell him how something works or how to do something? Nope. His way or no way. Keeper boxes? Nope. Yellow hang tabs for razors. KTR's through concealment up the ass that we can't stop because we aren't allowed in our own fucking office anymore! Remember how we discussed the theory of "The TPS is up front, so I can steal in the back." in the AP thread? That is literally happening on the daily at my store. I can't take this shit much longer.

Why the fuck do TMs draw symbols on the lockers? They're numbered!!! What's the point of drawing a little star on the locker, when it already has its own unique lable?!?! Whay!!!??? Whaayyyyyii?????

TTONewTM: You are 23, our Softlines TM is 17. Stop hitting on her and trying to get her to "Come to my sick ass party" on the weekends. I know for a fact she has a boyfriend and doesn't like you.
TTSameNewTM: Stop acting like a fucking hippy, jesus christ it's annoying. you're not Bob Ross, stop talking about peace and love when you have a history of violent confrontations in school.

TTOTM who has been stashing the Hatchanimals in the back room: your days are numbered. When we find out who you are, your ass is grass. You have every Salesfloor TL, ETL-HL, ETL-HR, and ETL-AP so pissed off at you. Theres no excuse for hiding 10 of them in random areas in the BR.

TTOTM: please stop commenting on my appearance. "You look really pretty with your hair down" If you wouldn't say that to a male co-worker, don't say it to me. Also, I don't want to hear about how you crushed on some older lady neighbor that looked "really young, with a bangin body, like straight out of high school". Gross, gross, gross.

TTOTM: please stop commenting on my appearance. "You look really pretty with your hair down" If you wouldn't say that to a male co-worker, don't say it to me. Also, I don't want to hear about how you crushed on some older lady neighbor that looked "really young, with a bangin body, like straight out of high school". Gross, gross, gross.

Have you said anything to him?
Or mentioned that his comments make you uncomfortable to a TL?
The fact is some guys might not know, are doing it perfectly innocently, and would be sorry if bothered you.
But there are assholes who will take your silence as a sign they can escalate, which means at some point it will be really unpleasant.
As uncomfortable as speaking up now may be, it is probably in you best interest.

Have you said anything to him?
Or mentioned that his comments make you uncomfortable to a TL?
The fact is some guys might not know, are doing it perfectly innocently, and would be sorry if bothered you.
But there are assholes who will take your silence as a sign they can escalate, which means at some point it will be really unpleasant.
As uncomfortable as speaking up now may be, it is probably in you best interest.

It happened yesterday and I'm off today, but I'm definitely bringing it up with someone tomorrow. I just chalked it up to him being socially weird and just giving me a compliment? But then that whole thing about the older lady happened. I talked to another co-worker and she told me he's asked out like every female team member and has made her feel uncomfortable, as well. Do I talk to my TL or someone higher? Sometimes, he's fine, but other times it gets... weird.

I agree. You are not obligated to talk to him at all. If there is a leader you trust, go to that person. I would take a moment and write down what happened , just so you don't forget anything if you get distracted while talking to your leader.

TTOTM who has been stashing the Hatchanimals in the back room: your days are numbered. When we find out who you are, your ass is grass. You have every Salesfloor TL, ETL-HL, ETL-HR, and ETL-AP so pissed off at you. Theres no excuse for hiding 10 of them in random areas in the BR.
What the hell? Were they just doing it to screw with everyone?

It's almost certainly someone on the early am/overnight BR team...

Start with your TL & see what they do.
If there's no change, go to HR.
Let your co-worker know that they should report their encounter as well.
The more they hear from various sources, they'll realize the scope of the problem.

Yeah and you mentioned "its normally fine" a lot of time young guys dont know the line between when its okay and when they should stopppppp. You are doing the right thing, good luck to you.

What the hell? Were they just doing it to screw with everyone?

It's almost certainly someone on the early am/overnight BR team...

Sounds like they were going to try to purchase it at a later time. Maybe take advantage of SCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back