To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
my store really doesnt seem to mind it, even the ETLs ask me quick qs while im on my break so hopefully i should be good

if not well good riddence lol
Accordion to the target handbook any text or phone call about anything other than "can you come in X day" means you should do a punch correction for the length of the call or 15 mins whichever is longer

That is very inefficient, as long as someone is watching the lanes. In my store we force tthe front end to use all their resources beefore calling back up. Then again my store basically has no sales floor.

I think it's because the gsa's were taking 10+ min at guest service on a land rather than speed weaving... or attending cashiers who need help. But then again they do trust us to use our instiect

TToTM

I am so proud of you!!! Your first opening electronics shift and you did so well!!! Thank you thank you for texting me with questions and making sure you did everything ok, you're awesome and thanks for letting me "train" you in electronics during your normal cart attendant shifts lol We really need people who can cover shifts (and listen to me because no one listens to ol Kaitii)

this is a guy who has 0 sales floor experience and never touched a zebra or pda or anything

X5zMJxf.jpg

look at his ink aisle super zone he did so well for his first time im so proud of him

TL;DR It's worth it to train a new TM good, I think the benefits it produces besides more pay weigh more in the end.

A lot of members here have advocated against the training of fellow new team members simply because the pay is less. I tried to make the points that it reflects highly, and if actually trained, a co-worker will do just fine. Often, I've walked into clusterfucks in the store mainly due to closing TMs just not knowing what they're doing.

To me, walking into a good opening/closing shift speaks volumes, I would definitely spend a whole shift babysitting someone if it meant them knowing what they're doing, in turn making my job easier, everyone else's jobs easier, and creating more profits and sales for our store which COULD mean, in theory, more hours generated for everyone through customers having more access to product and having a nice organized aisle to pick from. Hell, I'll spend a whole week to do it. Ask me questions, ask me to show you how to do things, ask for my opinions.

Whenever someone not my GSTL took the time to train me I've never been so thankful. I'm one of those guys that just needs to be shown, and then do it myself and I'll remember it like the back of my hand. My gradual transition over into Frozen goods has been 100% easier because of the TMs back there willing to just help me out in whatever way they can. Telling me where items are, how to do pulls, how to backstock, how to efficiently zone Dairy, how to stock milk, how to get rid of milk crates, the daily processes you have to do back in Frozen/Dairy, everything.

They did all that without even knowing I'd be back there, without me even being a trainee officially. I've been here for over a year but this was my first real transition and it was relatively smooth. I've done a few shifts myself back there now, including today and a majority of tomorrow and a few before, and it's been only greener pastures since my first time. Although, having 1 o'clocks just to be told to pull a massive frozen/dairy man CAF around 4:15 and having 5 o' clock pulls come around as well really through me for a loop, that was not a good night for me. Tomorrow will mark the one week anniversary of that night... and I hope I don't have a repeat. But, if I do, I will be prepared. Literally on my toes. Last Wednesday I was so paranoid I was sprinting across the backrooms and running across the coolers to pull as fast as I can and pull as fast as I can so I can be ready for the next set that I feel will be suddenly put upon my shoulders.

TTOTM: Today I had time to join the wave. After pushing toys you asked one of the guys to get the dustpan and broom and cleanup. Yes the area needed to be swept but you are not special or the tl. Fucking do it yourself. I only wished you had asked me, but you know better. I would have stuck that broom where the sun doesn't shine and pushed you around the floor.

That is very inefficient, as long as someone is watching the lanes. In my store we force tthe front end to use all their resources beefore calling back up. Then again my store basically has no sales floor.

I don't think you understood the point. The gsa is watching the lanes so that's why they don't hop on one.

I don't think you understood the point. The gsa is watching the lanes so that's why they don't hop on one.

I second that. It used to take upwards of 5 - 10 min to get the gsa over to get a simple override code.. or to get a price check. But this winter it'll be easier since I'm crossed trained and just grab a walkie

ttotm- Yes, you work very hard . Yes, you work fast. However, your ego is getting way out of control. I am so tired of hearing you making little comments about how the log process would fail if you walked out . I am also tried of you telling people how the lods not to mess with you ...cause they know you will quit and you will be fired. Go ahead keep telling yourself ( and everyone else) that you are untouchable. I assure you there will come a time and day that you will fall from your lofty perch. The log process wouldn't fail without you...I assure you.
ttotm- You are lazy as hell. You flirt with all the guys to get them to do all your work. You tried it with me the other day....didn't work. You are off more than you work and yet everytime you do work all we hear about is how tired you are. Tired from what> Its certainly not from working. Well, I guess you could be tired from getting those skin tight pants on you wear to work. I am not even sure how you get those things on. Or down for that matter. Hope you don't have any urgent bathroom needs to attend to .

Last edited:
People who place themselves on a perch tend to lose their balance; thus the fall can be quite spectacular.

What if it's other people that think so highly of you that they put you on said perch?

As in they hold you to such a high standard that impossible to live up to?

That's when you jump ;)
Fortunately, I've never been put on a perch, pedestal or otherwise.
Advantages of people not having high opinions of me.
Just as well; I don't like heights.

Reactions: Him
TTOSTL... Please don't preach about how important helping the guest. You clearly saw I had a line at GS and then you tell the guests I will be right with them as you walk away. Don't you think hopping behind the counter to help the guests is guest service?

TTOSTL... Please don't preach about how important helping the guest. You clearly saw I had a line at GS and then you tell the guests I will be right with them as you walk away. Don't you think hopping behind the counter to help the guests is guest service?
They're an STL, they have other important business matters to attend to. Like figuring out what to order for lunch, and taking credit for shit they didn't do.

HEY STL IT'S NOT BUSY IN SEASONAL LIKE I FUCKING SAID. I COULD HAVE SET MY FOCALS BUT NOOOOOOO YOU WANTED FUCKING CHIPS AND BOTTLED WATER THERE WELL GUESS WHAT IT DIDNT SELL FUCK YOU

TTO TL: I was only given approx half the number of hours I normally get for this week. I talked to HR to make sure it was just a fluke, and then picked up a couple cashier shifts to round out my hours. NBD for somebody who spent her first nearly two years at Spot as a cashier. Don't say to me "well sorry, maybe the LOD will let you work SL tonight anyway" when you see me come in for a cashier shift. I've made it clear that I...don't really enjoy SL. I used to be able to work different areas each week, and miss that. So these cashier shifts are a nice change. Just because you and most of the rest of our team do not want to leave SL EVER doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy my global-ness. Let me be.

HEY STL IT'S NOT BUSY IN SEASONAL LIKE I FUCKING SAID. I COULD HAVE SET MY FOCALS BUT NOOOOOOO YOU WANTED FUCKING CHIPS AND BOTTLED WATER THERE WELL GUESS WHAT IT DIDNT SELL FUCK YOU
in my store, it's in the opposite side of the store as market, so most guests didn't even know anything was over there

Seems like most STL's are incompetent on what needs to be done. There are a few that worked on the sales floor and moved their way up, but most of them do what they think will be good. Instead of getting other peoples opinions to ensure that the store will not suffer from a poor decision.

Reactions: Him
As long as your children are happy and taken care of.. you're fine. You don't need to be married to be a good parent. You're awesome.
Eh she's old so I try to take it with a grain of salt lol what's funny is she never married and never had kids.

Seems like most STL's are incompetent on what needs to be done. There are a few that worked on the sales floor and moved their way up, but most of them do what they think will be good. Instead of getting other peoples opinions to ensure that the store will not suffer from a poor decision.

Yeah we put three pallets of the same brand of water there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back