To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this. This is a prime ****ing example of what I was saying about GSA's who think they know everything but know nothing.
Do you think that they don't know how it works because they are not standing there with a clipboard? The LOD is responsible for the store, the GSA is responsible for cashiers, compare the two. All a GSA thinks about is check out is fast, the LOD is looking out for the store, let's take your example. The lanes are not even 1+1, the LOD sees this, he knows the floor is behind or could get ahead by a cashier pushing some reshop (hey, the floor helps the front all the time...REPAY THEM), so anyway the LOD is considering all work centers and trying to utilize the resources available but the high and mighty GSA who knows all doesn't want to give up one of his cashiers that isn't even swamped. This is a classic example of small scope vs. large scope, guess where you fall. ****ing useless position.

@Retail Girl, listen to the LOD over a ****ing GSA. The LOD can fire you, the GSA can whine to the GSTL (who will tell him to stfu once he found out the LOD tasked you out)

Would be nice if you could actually substantiate your claims, unfortunately 95% of what you post is garbage.

Thank you for posting this. This is a prime ****ing example of what I was saying about GSA's who think they know everything but know nothing.
Do you think that they don't know how it works because they are not standing there with a clipboard? The LOD is responsible for the store, the GSA is responsible for cashiers, compare the two. All a GSA thinks about is check out is fast, the LOD is looking out for the store, let's take your example. The lanes are not even 1+1, the LOD sees this, he knows the floor is behind or could get ahead by a cashier pushing some reshop (hey, the floor helps the front all the time...REPAY THEM), so anyway the LOD is considering all work centers and trying to utilize the resources available but the high and mighty GSA who knows all doesn't want to give up one of his cashiers that isn't even swamped. This is a classic example of small scope vs. large scope, guess where you fall. ****ing useless position.

@Retail Girl, listen to the LOD over a ****ing GSA. The LOD can fire you, the GSA can whine to the GSTL (who will tell him to stfu once he found out the LOD tasked you out)

If the lanes are just keeping 1+1 I'm not gonna pull a damn cashier to push reshop when they're just gonna have to go back up cashier every couple minutes. That defeats the whole damn point. That's great if the pull line is full and needs pushing and a cashier can help. But if I'm gonna pull a cashier to do pulls or push reshop, I wanna make sure that they can get it done. If I pull them, they take a pull out, spend an hour backup cashiering before it's determined they need to stay up there, and thus leave an uncompleted pull or reshop on the floor, well then that was stupid. Now there's another pull that could've been done but instead is sitting out on the floor where it can be a safety hazard AND sitting in the way of something someone could be interested in purchasing, but cannot find because the pull is in front of it.

A GSA focuses on checkout is fast because that's the whole goddamn point of a store. Selling things. If someone has to wait 5 minutes to buy their goddamn items they aren't going to come back and shop at your store. If they can check out in less than a minute, they're going to say "Wow that was fast!" and come back and shop again. That, is the point of our jobs. Yes, we need to put product on the floor. Yes, we have to make sure signs are up and prices are accurate, but we also have to RING UP PEOPLES ITEMS. THAT is the priority ALWAYS.

Here's a situation for your all knowing brain. You have a few cashiers. The GSA/GSTL is speedweaving and keeping the lanes 1+1. There haven't been any backup cashier requests so you go up to the front lanes to see if they can spare a cashier. The GSA/GSTL explains that they cannot give up a cashier because while the lanes haven't been backed up, that is only because they have been speedweaving and utilizing every cashier. If a cashier is taken to push reshop, you have this possible scenario:

-The GSA/GSTL will jump on to prevent a backup. A guest has an issue. GSA/GSTL cannot help them right away because they are on a lane with more people in line. The cashier with the problem guest holds up their line waiting for the GSA/GSTL. GSA calls for back up. Now you're taking someone on the floor because chances are that the cashier doesn't have a walkie, or does have one, but does not want to respond because they're "tired" of cashiering. Now not only do you have that one guest with the problem that is angry, you have a line of guests behind them that is angry because they have to wait. The GSA/GSTL's line is angry because the GSA/GSTL has to excuse themselves. The people in other lines are angry because there are backups and no one can respond except for the team member that is back in seasonal. Meanwhile, a guest is screaming up a storm at Guest Service. Now the TLOD or LOD has to get involved because the GSA/GSTL is dealing with the other issue. Operator is calling out for someone to respond to a call that has bounced back because the salesfloor coverage in that area is on register. Maybe the electronics TM can answer the call. Well, now there's a guest at electronics that needs help and the Electronics TM is over in domestics. Well, let's see. Now you have pissed off people in line, pissed off people at guest service, pissed off person on the phone, pissed off guest in electronics, pissed off guest elsewhere who needs help, pissed off operator, and your TLOD or LOD is at the front lanes with the rest of the store. All because you took a cashier. This wouldn't happen, you say? Welcome to my store on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Guess how much you just killed your guest loyalty and potential sales? OH, and some of those guests in line? They decided they were tired of waiting and left their carts. Now you have more reshop. More added work for the sales floor team. At this point, it's probably to the busy part of the day and the next possible time that a cashier can be possibly given up isn't until an hour or so before close. Well, guess we better figure that out.

THIS is what the LOD thinks about when they make decisions. Or SHOULD be thinking about. Keep that cashier up there, and all those problems can be resolved by the front end while the rest of the store can complete their work without needing to back up cashier. Guess what that means? The pulls get done, reshop can get done, guests can be helped, ALL while maintaining fast checkouts.

Yes, there are some days where you can possibly spare a cashier and things will be alright. That's fine. Those are good days. Probably aren't making sales on that day, which is pretty bad too, but hey, it's possible.

ALSO, the front end should ALWAYS listen to the GSA/GSTL first. Maybe the LOD wants something done. Which is fine. But the GSA/GSTL needs to clear it first so that they can adjust break schedules and other workload as needed. If the GSA/GSTL says "OK we can't do that at the moment." that is the final word. If the LOD wants it done, they can get with the GSA to create a plan that will work best for all areas.

For someone as ALL-KNOWING as yourself, you seem to have a small grasp on the store as a whole and how things work outside of whatever it is you are doing that day. Might want to work on that.

Are you even trying to be ****ing serious? You are such a drama queen it's funny. That whole chain of events happened at your store for taking 1 cashier off to do reshop? Then your store is in bad enough shape and that 1 cashier wouldn't matter. I know you just want to try and score some sort of victory and prove how great you are but look at that crap you typed. You are telling a TM to listen to another TM over the LOD...The GSA is the final word? Give me a ****ing break.

All of that other **** doesn't matter. Don't mention breaks because they can be moved around, the GSA can hop on and help ring people up. Small grasp because I didn't see the important of utilizing cashier, who was doing nothing, to get some work done. Blow me ******.

Oh...God....all this over a GSA lying to me about stocking the lanes with candy. If the GSA would have simply said, "I will talk to the LOD," everyone here would have found other things to do this week.

I'm really sorry. :-(

Oh...God....all this over a GSA lying to me about stocking the lanes with candy. If the GSA would have simply said, "I will talk to the LOD," everyone here would have found other things to do this week.

Don't be.
What you stepped on was a raw nerve that has shown up in other threads, that I blame Spot for.
It looks like a back and forth about who knows what and who has the authority to tell people what to do but that is only on the surface.
That kind of stuff can be fixed with a little communication.
Yes, I know there are stores where that kind of situation devolves into ridiculous pissing contests.
The real problem isn't leadership structure, it's manpower.
None of this would be necessary if there were enough people to get the work done.
And that's all about Spot.

*sigh*. That's all I wanted was a bit of communication. I figured verifying with the LOD that he and the GSA talked and were on the same wavelength with what I was to do wasn't a bad thing. This past week at work has been so crappy....I look forward to the same tonight.

Are you even trying to be ****ing serious? You are such a drama queen it's funny. That whole chain of events happened at your store for taking 1 cashier off to do reshop? Then your store is in bad enough shape and that 1 cashier wouldn't matter. I know you just want to try and score some sort of victory and prove how great you are but look at that crap you typed. You are telling a TM to listen to another TM over the LOD...The GSA is the final word? Give me a ****ing break.

All of that other **** doesn't matter. Don't mention breaks because they can be moved around, the GSA can hop on and help ring people up. Small grasp because I didn't see the important of utilizing cashier, who was doing nothing, to get some work done. Blow me ******.

The GSA can't just "hop on", for several VERY good reasons. If we hop on, and a cashier several lanes down runs into a problem, who is going to resolve it? Meanwhile while that cashier is waiting for me because I hopped on, their line is at a standstill, slowing down checkout is fast even more while I try to get off to go help them. Sure I can always call the LOD up or another TL, but that can take over a minute (usually much longer for the LOD, since theyre never close by), not to mention other TLs don't know guest service policy as well as we do, so they aren't as well equipped to tackle problems. This can all be avoided by the GSA remaining speedweaving and being available within ~30 seconds usually.

Sure if the lanes aren't backed up NOW, that doesn't mean they won't be in 5 minutes. If not every lane is 1+1, that can change really quickly and become 1+2 on multiple lanes. Checkout traffic is not a constant, we get surges of people checking out all at once and have to act accordingly. Or if several cashiers run into problem situations that we need to resolve, that can also slow stuff down (as previously mentioned). So unless we have a cashier consistently standing out at the end of their lane, then no it is not okay for a cashier to go push reshop when they're probably going to have to come up every 5 minutes to ring. Anyways when you have to keep relying on responses it slows checkout speed down much more than if that person was just on their lane (since it takes time for them to come up), and instead of just being OKAY with no backups, it might become a situation where you need that cashier + 1 backup. So would you rather have that cashier help for 3-5 minutes at a time and you sometimes have to backup, or not backup at all? Your choice.

Get a clue before you post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't worry about it. If there is a communication breakdown in your store, that's beyond your control as a cashier, so the powers that be are the ones who should be working that out amongst themselves. Also, it's no fault of yours if a simple inquiry (resulting from said communication breakdown as well as a serious lack of manpower) starts a ****storm between other posters. Only those who make a ****storm out of it are to blame.

The GSA can't just "hop on", for several VERY good reasons. If we hop on, and a cashier several lanes down runs into a problem, who is going to resolve it? Meanwhile while that cashier is waiting for me because I hopped on, their line is at a standstill, slowing down checkout is fast even more while I try to get off to go help them. Sure I can always call the LOD up or another TL, but that can take over a minute (usually much longer for the LOD, since theyre never close by), not to mention other TLs don't know guest service policy as well as we do, so they aren't as well equipped to tackle problems. This can all be avoided by the GSA remaining speedweaving and being available within ~30 seconds usually.

Sure if the lanes aren't backed up NOW, that doesn't mean they won't be in 5 minutes. If not every lane is 1+1, that can change really quickly and become 1+2 on multiple lanes. Checkout traffic is not a constant, we get surges of people checking out all at once and have to act accordingly. Or if several cashiers run into problem situations that we need to resolve, that can also slow stuff down (as previously mentioned). So unless we have a cashier consistently standing out at the end of their lane, then no it is not okay for a cashier to go push reshop when they're probably going to have to come up every 5 minutes to ring. Anyways when you have to keep relying on responses it slows checkout speed down much more than if that person was just on their lane (since it takes time for them to come up), and instead of just being OKAY with no backups, it might become a situation where you need that cashier + 1 backup. So would you rather have that cashier help for 3-5 minutes at a time and you sometimes have to backup, or not backup at all? Your choice.

Get a clue before you post.

He won't get a clue. He's stupid. It says it in his username. Oh so very accurate.

stupid rules, you seem to have some sort of vendetta against all things front end. In a previous thread, I remember you saying that you never backup cashier and tell your team to not back up either. Congratulations. Cashiers make it so that you can have a job and get paid.

But based on your attitude, I can tell we will be getting a thread one day saying "WHY DID THEY FIRE ME!?! I WAS THE PERFECT WORKER!! **** TARGET!!!"

stupid rules, you are a ****ing moron.

Don't be.
What you stepped on was a raw nerve that has shown up in other threads, that I blame Spot for.
It looks like a back and forth about who knows what and who has the authority to tell people what to do but that is only on the surface.
That kind of stuff can be fixed with a little communication.
Yes, I know there are stores where that kind of situation devolves into ridiculous pissing contests.
The real problem isn't leadership structure, it's manpower.
None of this would be necessary if there were enough people to get the work done.
And that's all about Spot.

There is so much truth in this post. Probably the only post that makes sense without trying to bash someone else.

To the other two - As long as you try to justify telling someone to listen to a GSA over the LOD your words are ****. You are the ****ing moron. I hate you and I hope you die. ****ing worthless piece of ****, go off yourself and give some relief to your family. You're unwanted and unloved by your family and 'friends'. Kill yourself you worthless cocksucker.

There is so much truth in this post. Probably the only post that makes sense without trying to bash someone else.

To the other two - As long as you try to justify telling someone to listen to a GSA over the LOD your words are ****. You are the ****ing moron. I hate you and I hope you die. ****ing worthless piece of ****, go off yourself and give some relief to your family. You're unwanted and unloved by your family and 'friends'. Kill yourself you worthless cocksucker.

Real mature. And you're a leader you say? Leader of what? 5 year old temper tantrums?

All a gsa can do is suggest. A lod can fire you. I generally disagree with what stupid rules posts, but I agree with him on this one.

To anyone who thinks an lod doesnt know what they're doing (in any department), you're sadly mistaken.

all a gsa can do is suggest. A lod can fire you. I generally disagree with what stupid rules posts, but i agree with him on this one.

To anyone who thinks an lod doesnt know what they're doing (in any department), you're sadly mistaken.

lmao!

It's all about how you attack a (potential) problem. I partner with my LOD/TLOD to discuss things and decide how to resolve certain issues. I also try to have a more global view of the store, and that helps.

Now, to get this thread back on topic........

To that one cart attendant: I don't know why they even let you carry a walkie. All you ever use it for is to call the other cart attendants and have them go to 2. You don't even respond when someone calls you. It's no wonder you don't ever get scheduled by yourself.

to that one team member who coached me for describing a guest (civilly mind you) over the walkie while requesting another team member meet them over in home decor .... screw you and your over sensitivity about hypothetical scenarios. unless someone takes offense at me calling them 'tall, black shirt, jeans, male' ... there's no reason to coach me on the possibility that they might be offended by a description OF THEMSELVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back