To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those TM's that always get sent my way when they need a shift covered, and me being willing to take it and possibly work a double: No more! I asked several TMs this week to cover one of my shifts this weekend and none of them would, especially my own Team, so guess what?! OH you're sister is having her baby? Well I hope she'll be able to do it without you! What? Your Friends 21first birthday? Have fun working with that hang over. :mad:
I will attempt to make it in, but I see my second call off in the several years I have been there happening.

Well didn't have to just "call off" without a reason. My husband was admitted to the hospital this P.M. So I won't have anyone for my Kiddo (He's not even 2 yet). I told them I wouldn't be back until Monday.
Kinda sucks though, cause now I loose tomorrows hours as well.

Well didn't have to just "call off" without a reason. My husband was admitted to the hospital this P.M. So I won't have anyone for my Kiddo (He's not even 2 yet). I told them I wouldn't be back until Monday.

Sorry you'll be losing those hours, Morur. Hope things go well for your husband. :)

Hope your better half is doing all right. Sucks to lose the hours but there are priorities. Take care of yourself, too. Can't help the family if you're run down.

Wish I could send you some PH hrs & a sitter. Hope your hubby is OK. :(

Hope he's doing better :)

To the operator who was scheduled this morning. People are trying to get jobs. We are actually hiring so please stop telling every applicant that HR doesnt have an extension and that YOU are told to tell people that the position has been filled. I know exactly who you are and just because your brother got turned down doesn't mean you can ruin every ones chance.

Call ins!!!! Grrr, we were left with only two people covering softlines for the truck Sunday night due to call ins. Then last night we were down to only two BR TMs due to call ins. BR TL and another BR TM come in at 3am, but that doesn't help with getting pulls down and truck backstock completed. Last night was my first night in ages I spent my entire shift helping backroom. I don't mind really, I go where I'm needed. It just gets irritating with all the call ins and the extra work it puts on those that are there.

To the MySupport team, just answer my question without the passive aggressive sarcasm. Also an answer within 48 hours would be nice.

Last edited:
Backroom Day TM: Stop backstocking random MTFZ and FRZN in the Bakery wacos! Stop backstocking random open-stock items on a shelf in the wrong fillgroup! Are you even looking at your PDA screen when you shoot an item in STO? Because I think you're just guessing at where stuff is supposed to go.

This person may be thinking "oh there isnt enough room in the MTFZ and FRZN wacos so ill backstock them in the BAKE, which is usually never full."

They may use the excuse "oh i was pressured into getting the backstock done on time".

You can find out who backstocked the random MTFZ and FRZN in the Bakery wacos. Go to a computer that have store apps. Log on and find the section related to backroom locations. From there, you cna print out your backroom location report. Ill post back after my shift later today to confirm this.

We do use the Detail report to follow up on these incidents.

Does anyone else have a store policy where you have to ask every guest to take the survey?

Because a new transferee has been doing that with guests for every transaction, even when they aren't prompted to on the receipt.

Apparently it's because they got prizes if their name got mentioned in a survey or somesuch but... uhhh. Policies at old store =/= new store.

I mean, her store sounds awesome with all that they would do for people who got surveys or redCards but... unfortunately, our store isn't THAT awesome. :(

You are suppose to mention when prompted. I say, please fill this out & tell us how we are doing? You can win the big prize!
That's what I say.
Red, are your ears on?

Does anyone else have a store policy where you have to ask every guest to take the survey?

Because a new transferee has been doing that with guests for every transaction, even when they aren't prompted to on the receipt.

Apparently it's because they got prizes if their name got mentioned in a survey or somesuch but... uhhh. Policies at old store =/= new store.

I mean, her store sounds awesome with all that they would do for people who got surveys or redCards but... unfortunately, our store isn't THAT awesome. :(
I really think you're at my store, lol.

If the survey invitation doesn't print on the guest's receipt, then what code is the guest supposed to use when filling out the survey? There is a code for the guest to use on each survey invitation. I'm not currently a TM and when I was, I never cashiered, but since I've left Target, I've filled out the survey a couple of times and there's a box that asks for a code from the receipt. Just a thought for those suggesting guests fill out surveys. I would think only those with receipts that have the invitation should be asked. I'm not sure what Best Practice is though.

For surveys, you need an access code.
Guests can post comments under "contact us" that will come up in the survey comments printed out (including my sister's repeated requests for a particular shampoo) but it won't give the same questionnaire format.

To the sales floor TM who kept bringing back the back to school backstock this evening... I'm glad you were pushing that stuff, but when you bring back the backstock, is it really necessary to leave one or two items in each 2-tier cart, when there is already a tub AND a flat of BTS backstock sitting RIGHT THERE in the backroom? I'm trying to keep a clean backroom, and having 3 separate carts with just a few BTS items in each one is not helping...:facepalm:

Oh, tonight was one of those nights...

Hey, new TM-to-the-floor-and-cashiering, zoning does not mean just picking stuff up off the floor. And how did you spend an HOUR just picking up shoes?! :facepalm:

GS, I didn't appreciate you whining about how much ad you had to scan out. I gave you an option and you were "too good" to help with zone, so you get to scan out ad.

It also really bugs me when people "hang out" in the photo lab and start doing my job...I just stand there sometimes because there's nothing for me to do. :blowup:

This was also a charm tonight.
LOD: Hey, *name*, are you able to start scanning out F?
TM: My PDA is dead.
LOD: Umm...okay.
Two minutes later
LOD: Do you need a new one? :facepalm:

To the SDTM: I know you don't like the new TM I entrusted you to train. I asked YOU because you had the most experience. You succeeded in getting her bounced from SD but she is now kicking butt cashiering & getting red cards. I'll try her again with a DIFFERENT TM but my opinion of you dropped like an anvil in a roadrunner cartoon.

This happened a couple of years back, but I got a call to "meet some1 at the Pharmacy for assistance". As a CA, I would expect to maybe lift something in for a guest, but it turned out a nice lady just needed some1 to help her find all the items on her grocery list bcus she was disabled to read things clearly. My first initial thought was "i can help her, thats fine" but my 2nd thought was "why couldn't a sales floor TM do this instead" bcus they would know where most of the items around the store were better than I. So I felt whoever asked for a CA "played me" and really didnt want to bother helping some guest do some grocery shopping. It cost me about 30-40 minutes of cart duties, so when I came back, I was behind on everything. So thanks alot for letting me be the pawn and taking care of a situation that you could of done yourself. :)

Karma is a b!tch wearing stilleto heels & will pay back those TMs 10-fold.
GTC to you for helping an elder instead of shoving her off on someone who probably wouldn't have helped her as much.

This happened a couple of years back, but I got a call to "meet some1 at the Pharmacy for assistance". As a CA, I would expect to maybe lift something in for a guest, but it turned out a nice lady just needed some1 to help her find all the items on her grocery list bcus she was disabled to read things clearly. My first initial thought was "i can help her, thats fine" but my 2nd thought was "why couldn't a sales floor TM do this instead" bcus they would know where most of the items around the store were better than I. So I felt whoever asked for a CA "played me" and really didnt want to bother helping some guest do some grocery shopping. It cost me about 30-40 minutes of cart duties, so when I came back, I was behind on everything. So thanks alot for letting me be the pawn and taking care of a situation that you could of done yourself. :)

Great guest service!

gtc to you!

To my Sr TL: Please learn how to do audits!!!! I work flow as well as backroom every day. As I'm pushing I'll spot something on backstock I suspect will go out. 90% of the time it will. When I see people stocking a certain aisle I'll tell them about an item that is also on an endcap or sidecap. They thank me, but I can't watch everyone as I'm stocking as well. I hate to think what our backroom will look like once we get in the Christmas season & backstock going back that shouldn't! BTW, I've told my SrTL as well as my ETL about items not stocked properly, but it still continues even with TMs that have been here a year or more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back