To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the entire back room team (all the way to ETL) STOP sending the stuff that we have sent to be backstocked BACK to the floor....especially less than 3 hours later. Should be interesting since you did it to a box of stuff that the ETL had skimmed from the tables...and sent it out while he was still LOD.

to the entire back room team (all the way to ETL) STOP sending the stuff that we have sent to be backstocked BACK to the floor....especially less than 3 hours later. Should be interesting since you did it to a box of stuff that the ETL had skimmed from the tables...and sent it out while he was still LOD.

sometimes when you backstock something that has just been pulled in the CAFs, it will ask for it to be pulled again, if it comes back to us a second time the best practice would be to just leave it when the CAFs are completely over. if you checked second locations and all of that and they still want it pushed, than their at fault, tell them not to backstock it til the CAFs are completely over.

babytrees: if it was overstock from the tables... if that stuff is not backstocked using the SUBT999 function, it will come back out in the CAFs. If the person who backstocked it isn't the one who pulls it (as happens often at our store), they will probably just pull it all for the CAFs. Now, generally when I see a monster softlines pull, I will SUBT9999 it all as I'm pulling it, but some people either can't or won't take the time to do that. We have signs that say SUBT9999. Our sales floor team and plano team knows they have to put them on all overstock, sales plan, and plano backstock.

I'm sorry that you had to waste your time repushing. Just remember that we (backroom) don't do it on purpose just to annoy you ;)

good points BUT the boxes are put on the line exactly as we put it to be backstocked so they aren't even trying. They are just putting it from one vehicle to another. Every time. I look at the box and say "I am not even trying to push this" "Why?" "Because I am the one who put all of these items to be backstocked 3 hours ago (or yesterday, whatever the case may be)

I have caught BR condensing carts of backstock and push in the dairy cooler and freezer...very frustrating. I've been working long enough in Market that I can tell when it's error (i.e. should have been subt9999) and when it's just laziness. Grr.

Backed up a bit here so be patient.
Got a few TLs and ETLs in mind here.

1) I'm sorry but getting into a yelling match with one of your team is not good leadership.
Insisting that if they are going to act like kids than you are going to treat them like kids, is even worse.
Point of note, I didn't get into screaming matches with my kids. It doesn't work on them either.
I also never found it necessary (nor did my mother) to raise my hand to my kids.
Physical punishment is lazy and usually doesn't work very well.
I think the same thing applies to management, the stick works only if you want serfs.

2) I've always gone out of my way to help you even to a point where it got in the way of doing the rest of my job properly.
I didn't mind, thought you were a good person so it was worth it but you've sandbagged me three times now.
The first time I forgave, thought it might have been an accident, something you dropped without realizing it.
I don't trust you and don't want anything to do with you anymore.

3) Yep, I noticed the display was missing, in fact there is a good chance I'm the only person who would have.
Sorry that was such a inconvenience, especially since it doesn't look like SAP is going to let us order another one.
But how does that make me the bad guy?
Is it because once again I pointed out that my job is a little more complicated than you have been making it out to be?

4) You showed me something that I was doing wrong.
That I had been shown how to do a certain way a long time ago and it had never been corrected.
I'll accept that it was mistake but I find it appalling that you feel it necessary to write me up for it.

Last edited:
today i had a guest yell at me because their redcard wasn't approved. she was like "this is ridiculous i just made a payment yesterday and i have a balance of $1000!!!" so she asked to swipe her card again; the card still wasn't approved, but she goes ahead and tries to walk out with the bags that she didn't pay for and when i say, "ma'am excuse you have to pay for that your card still wasn't approved." she goes "you damn people try to screw me over everytime i walk in this store!" i nearly lost my mind.

i'd like to thank that one guest who let their little devil child run wild like it's a playground, and laughed when their kid threw a ball at my face, it was all good until i went to the bathroom and my lip was bleeding. people like that should never be able to reproduce.

To all those TLs who were the only ones on the sales floor all day and completely ignored all requests from the front, whether it was for back-up, guest assistance, whatever....I'm sorry you were stressed because we were about to get a "visit" but the guest standing in front of me at guest service doesn't give a rat's ass about that, he just wants someone to help him get a large crib off the floor so he can BUY it. I looked like a fool calling three or four times for assistance and getting nowhere. You have that walkie for a reason: communication. If you won't use it please for gods sake give it to someone who WILL

good points BUT the boxes are put on the line exactly as we put it to be backstocked so they aren't even trying. They are just putting it from one vehicle to another. Every time. I look at the box and say "I am not even trying to push this" "Why?" "Because I am the one who put all of these items to be backstocked 3 hours ago (or yesterday, whatever the case may be)

Aw, yeah, that is a jerk move on their part. At my store there is frequently a disconnect between BR and sales floor team members, especially the inexperienced ones. "Why do I have to separate the vehicles out by departments? It makes it take longer!" "Why are you pulling the same stuff I sent back as backstock?" I try to make sure all of my trainees get to push pulls at least a few times. They learn real quick not to throw product in A, B, C, E blocks AND softlines on the same vehicle! Now, if only I could get all the sales floor people to spend a few hours in the backroom...

to the team members who blame the flow team for EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING THAT GOES WRONG...

seriously? grow some balls and start taking responsibility for your departments f**k ups, you cant always blame flow for everything, how do you know for a fact that it was the flow team faults? you blame them when there isnt even a truck! what if it was the person who had a shift before you or some other department? you

cant always blame them for everything... and yes...flow team does f**k up here and there, no department is perfect, i sure as hell know backroom isnt all bananas and pajamas, but i will take responsibility for my teams mess ups! even if it was me that messes up, if some of you knew what the flow team has to go through

everyday, you wouldnt be talking $hit

to the STL-I don't know what horse peed in your cheerios this morning but seriously dude did you really think it wouldn't all catch up to you? Oh, and saying you don't show favoritism in advancement and blah dee blah for a full 10 minutes doesn't help your case...actually hiring someone to be a tl who isn't young, black and of the male persuasion would actually SHOW us you don't have favoritism(especially after fist bumping all young, black men in the huddle and only heaping praise on the same). Staring at me the whole time only shows me your scared of me...BWAHAHAHA. I am not afraid to call you out on your non BP crap....and I don't want to advance any more...especially at this store.

had a team member completely freak out today. on her review she got a .15 cent raise and another team member got a .20 cent raise. she was like "you guys don't do anything for the company, i get 20 redcards a day and none of you can touch that!!" ......way to piss off everyone that already didn't like you .

had a team member completely freak out today. on her review she got a .15 cent raise and another team member got a .20 cent raise. she was like "you guys don't do anything for the company, i get 20 redcards a day and none of you can touch that!!" ......way to piss off everyone that already didn't like you .

thats why they tell team members not to tell others how much they got in their reviews

my guess is is that it was the same percentage just different starting point. Another tm and I got the same rating (EX) but I know her raise is higher because she has been there longer and would hopefully be a higher pay. Man, if hers wasn't higher I would be mad FOR HER. I don't even mention my score to anybody, other than to discount another tm's claim of an O...since I was told that there were only 2 handed out last year and there is no way in h e double hockey sticks she was the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back