To that one Team Member - II

Bullshit? Seriously? You never keep finding the same boys graphic tee in men's, so often you know it's a place to check when someone asks for it? You are never separating boys and girls plain color tees every time you zone that area? When zoning RTW you never find how similar looking items keep ending up on each other's rack every single day? You don't have little mixed product displays, like shoes, jewelry, hats and clothes all in the same area, half of which are far from their home, and it's rotated regularly? If you don't see all that on a regular basis then you should really check how carefully you are zoning.

I don't know what's going on at your store, but no, we don't have that problem here. We very rarely have issues with department mixups in Style like you are describing. And, no, it isnt because we are doing a half-assed job at zoning. It's because the zoning and truck push is being done correctly. The only time we have stuff put somewhere in a really odd place it's because a guest changed their mind or it has to do with the reshop stashing problem we are having with other departments. In that case they are hiding shit in the backroom where we won't even have any way of knowing if it is there because it is often not even backstocked into a location. But, I digress. If it is really that bad of a problem at your store then you need to talk to your leadership because it sounds like the issue with the zones does need to be addressed.

Conversations with the rest of the store and counting the small amounts involved, most of it is the guests. Just like I pull a stupid amount of non-clearance out of clearance because guests can't be bothered to walk 10 feet more to dump it at the fitting room. I can't believe that your store has such a perfect zone that there are no areas with visually similar items that a couple of pieces aren't dumped at on a regular basis. And that's what your softlines TMs should know, every little spot that is a likely dump spot, and they should be helping your SFS TMs find those dump spots.

To that one leader...

If people on your team are incompetent or bad at their jobs, they're not just idiots. Maybe, you're a bad leader and people don't want to work for you.

If it is almost all of the team, you are probably right.
The problem is, you will never convince the TL of that.
Those people don't see their faults.
They only see the faults of others.

To that one leader (I won't specify if it's TL, Sr. TL or ETL):
Good luck being LOD when you NEVER ANSWER YOUR WALKIE WHEN CALLED.

To the HR TM this weekend...I always enjoy working with you, and thank you for helping my adjust my schedule for the next two weeks that benefits me AND Target. Please don't leave until I do.

It doesn't matter if you convince the TL, only if you convince their ETL, and a) your leadership doesn't suck and b) there's actually someone who doesn't suck in the pipeline.

At my store, we take INF so seriously that if I cannot find an item on the shelf or the back, I am supposed to immediately radio for someone to "assist OPU with a pick on Aisle ab" and if I receive no response, call the LOD for permission to INF. LOD has to walk over to meet me (gotta stand in place like a little soldier) and permit me to INF.
Of course, there are two Sr.TLs that are LOD in the evening that let us do it (one because she trusts us, and one because he couldn't care less).

My store isn't quite that strong on INF, but you are supposed to call the LOD and go through what you did to find the item.

At least, that was the process, back when we had a functional inbound process and didn't have more freight in the backroom than on the floor and reshop carts to match.

didn't have hardly any INFs until we started e2e again hmmm ho hmmm harumph whoms't'ever could've seen this coming

Definitely this + no hours. I hate to say it, but I'm not going to come close to the OPU deadline because I'm searching for the 1 softlines shirt that might be hiding in the endless pallet pile of repacks. I'll search for a bit, but I'm worried for that time constraint than INF. Sorry.

When we are the only ones in A&A and one of us has to stand at and be the fitting room attendant and there are a lot of guests & returns all areas are yours.

I kn
When we are the only ones in A&A and one of us has to stand at and be the fitting room attendant and there are a lot of guests & returns all areas are yours.
I know there's supposed to be a FR attendant but I am very glad our leadership ignores that because there's too much for one person to do.

My store doesn’t take INF that seriouslt anymore. We used to have to walkie the LOD and go through where we looked, etc, but it just takes too much time when you have goals approaching. They trust that we’ve looked in stray, fitting room, freight, and walked the backroom. Our INFs are really bad right now because nobody in Hardlines ever has time to research anymore with all the freight, so the numbers are pretty off.

I kn
I know there's supposed to be a FR attendant but I am very glad our leadership ignores that because there's too much for one person to do.
Our leadership has always wanted a FR attendant in the months I've worked there, they've just varied in how strict they are about standing at/leaving it. I know it's too much for 1 person, so I asked about helping myself with returns, initially told no, but then yes if they're close enough. It's just the attitude that some TM have of not wanting to help their department unless it's their area or benefits them. You know when a TM whose very particular about their area only suddenly starts pushing freight for other areas instead of their own because those z racks/metros have less.

...dude, you must be a joy to work with. Asking for help is not the worst thing in the world. My ETL and STL frequently tell me I should feel free to ask for help more instead of struggling by myself. It's called team work and good leadership skills, Captain.

Also: We all have a million things to get done, RFID scanners can be unreliable, and *gasp* not everything is scannable.
I was also told to ask a&a but shocker: "I have worked in softlines for 3 years and I dont know where anything is." F you too. We are timed on OPU and compared to other stores and other pickers. I firmly believe OPU should do everything HL, grocery and any backroom then release the cart for a&a to finish their clothes. Instead of standing around talking in the backroom. Not only does everything not scan or have RFID I learned last week a&a does not backstock properly. Or at all - everything I look for says its on the floor but guess what? Its not. It's hung up in the back or stuffed in the bottom of the cart in the back. Luckily those items had RFID or they never would have been found.

everything I look for says its on the floor but guess what? Its not. It's hung up in the back or stuffed in the bottom of the cart in the back. Luckily those items had RFID or they never would have been found.
Same, man, same. Nothing hanging is backstocked. 50/50 chance anything folded is. Causes all sorts of issues, so half the time I just scan the stockroom first while I'm there before checking the floor for anything.

ASANTS, but our SFU/OPU teams were told to use RFID, but if they didn’t find the item in a very short time to ask the soft lines team for help. Red metrics are the ultimate sin at my store, so whoever can find a soft lines item fastest for OPU is getting tapped to find it, per the STL and ETL-Log.
We had problem over the holidays with seasonals being obnoxious to softline TM by barking at them “I need this right now “ and shoving the zebra into their face ...
rummaging thru tables and unfolding clothes ..
softline TM are helping but do not have to in my store !
SFS is self sufficient ..
...dude, you must be a joy to work with. Asking for help is not the worst thing in the world. My ETL and STL frequently tell me I should feel free to ask for help more instead of struggling by myself. It's called team work and good leadership skills, Captain.

Also: We all have a million things to get done, RFID scanners can be unreliable, and *gasp* not everything is scannable.
But you can scan every tag to find it !
I don’t care if I am not a joy to work with! But I will respect TMs in their workcenters and not expect them to do my job !
Per my STL and DTL , SFS have to be self sufficient and not bother any one !
Soft line has to go for backup , outside for drive ups ,you can ask for help ,after you did everything to look and not be lazy and think that since it’s soft line, someone else will get it for you !
Use your brain and your skills , softline is no different than any other area in the store !
I built a relationship with everyone in the store , I ll help anywhere when I have a downtime ..
and believe me , softline appreciates that they are not taken advantage by the all mighty SFS !
If you struggle in softline , well maybe you should Not work in SFS !

To that one leader...

If people on your team are incompetent or bad at their jobs, they're not just idiots. Maybe, you're a bad leader and people don't want to work for you.
Alright! ALRIGHT!! You got me. I’m adequate.

Hey, LOD, yes, I am actually doing something. I am bringing back uboat 4 of 6 that I was hoping to complete today to backstock what was left. I'm glad you asked if I was doing anything, because clearly I wasn't. I will be grabbing the next giant uboat and working it out before I leave. Sigh.

Back