To that one Team Member - II

Backroom team is gone now, but at my store the backroom team pretty much was the SFS team. They knew that if they left partial case packs or any other kind of asshattery they were only hurting themselves. Good processes work like that, where the team has an incentive to do the right thing and not cause problems for themselves or the store. Now that backroom team is gone, and most of the veteran TMs quit, anything goes, apparently. Thank you, Modernization. For nothing.

I will admit to shoving a lot of opened boxes back into casepack locations recently. But, I only do it for Christmas candy. We have casepacks of that shit in almost every aisle. There is nowhere in its own aisle to actually put the backstock. It doesn't fit on the floor. We've been sent so much of that shit there is nothing actually good to do with it. Guest orders it? Fine. Take one out of the box that is on the top shelf of chem and relocate the rest right back there. Nothing else to do with it. 🤷‍♂️

Everything else is done right. But, Christmas candy? Nah. Fuck that shit. As long as it's located somewhere, it is what it is right now.

1) can all of you who pull casepacks stop backstocking what you didn't need in casepack locations
2) if you take the last item from a partial casepack (that you probably made), take the box out of the location instead of leaving it for me to find and get mad about

Lol no backrook team.

Could you not backstock cases in front of other cases and actually follow fill groups. At least in my store yes we backstock partials to the same location. We label the box with the new count shut it and move on. We right now are averaging a que of 600 OPU orders we don't have time to make it pretty. But the empty boxes, I get just as pissed our newbies are idiots and I apologize but my TL is absent so unfortunately nothing will change until the seasonals leave.

TTOTM...or actually SO many lately: could you please not job abandon? It's a real dick move especially when I don't have time to replace the shift. If you decide you don't want to work here, let us know so we can cover for it. My departments are just destroyed after this hellish weekend because of call ins and job abandonment.

TTOTM...or actually SO many lately: could you please not job abandon? It's a real dick move especially when I don't have time to replace the shift. If you decide you don't want to work here, let us know so we can cover for it. My departments are just destroyed after this hellish weekend because of call ins and job abandonment.
I still don't understand why people do that. To just stop showing up, I'm guessing it's a form of control or power or something? Like, I will show you assholes, I'm just not going to come to work anymore, and I'm not even going to tell you, bwahaha! Take that, Target!

Or maybe they are too timid or embarrassed? I don't know. I do know that this company is WAY too lenient on NCNS. One should be a final, two and you're gone, unless there are truly extenuating circumstances.

I still don't understand why people do that. To just stop showing up, I'm guessing it's a form of control or power or something? Like, I will show you assholes, I'm just not going to come to work anymore, and I'm not even going to tell you, bwahaha! Take that, Target!
Oh yeah, don't worry about it, seasonal people that literally just got hired...They only had to call five of us in because they were running on a less-than-skeleton crew. Ugh. I think people think it's going to be easy because it's retail, but then they get hired and realize they actually have to work hard for the money.

Last edited:
To the SETL: I'm sorry that I became frustrated when I told you I couldn't extend for tonight. I just wish you had told me at least 30 minutes before instead of right as I turned my light off and was taking my last guest at the registers. I know that things between us haven't been smooth but I hope we can work out our differences.
To the two other front-end team members: I appreciate that you were willing to fill-in for carts since I just wasn't feeling right tonight and while I was feeling well enough to come in, I just preferred staying inside instead of being out in the cold.

Ttotl-

TL " Hey team can someone help this guest in underwear"
STM " Womens, kids, or mens?"
TL " Womens"
At this point the lady has to be embarrassed
TL" She's wearing a black coat and on her way back there"
And now all the creepy guys in the store know who to look for...

Why not just say intimates 🤦‍♀️

And there's no need for a description. Only once in three years did the wrong guest grab me. I'd walk up to the first guest I saw and fairly loudly asked "Are you the guest that asked for assistance?" If they were, awesome, if not I'd continue on and the right guest would hear me as I asked guests in a projecting voice.

Ttotl-

TL " Hey team can someone help this guest in underwear"
STM " Womens, kids, or mens?"
TL " Womens"
At this point the lady has to be embarrassed
TL" She's wearing a black coat and on her way back there"
And now all the creepy guys in the store know who to look for...

Why not just say intimates 🤦‍♀️

I always just say sleepwear if the DBO isn't there to call by name. Style knows what that's code for.

Or maybe they are too timid or embarrassed? I don't know. I do know that this company is WAY too lenient on NCNS. One should be a final, two and you're gone, unless there are truly extenuating circumstances.

In my hood jobs are plentiful so they take one, get a better offer and ghost the first one which is mot often us.

Intimates?

"I think most of our guests are in underwear. Or are you asking for someone to help the guest while wearing underwear? Because that might rule me out."

The moral of my story was the guest needed help and we easily embarrassed her

TTO SETL: I was on my way out after a long day when the 2 guests at photolab asked for my help. They were very upset I didnt know anything about photo or prepaid Shipt orders, since I just work Flex.
So yes I offered to get the manager to send someone over, so they could see me speaking with someone instead of just walkie-ing out into the void. Yes, I know it was busy. Yes, you're already helping a cashier; I expected you to send someone who could help not rush off to do it yourself. Your attitude at me giving you a heads up that guests needed help was unjustified. Yelling at me to get the GM ETL or SD instead was uncalled for. I heard later you got pissy at one of the guests I pointed out, and that another one of the guests got upset at you going off on me and both reported you to my ETL. Serves you right.

TTOTL: yeah you got your ass reamed by the SD twice in one day for poor choices you made. Doesn’t mean you can throw me under the bus to my ETL the way that you did. Life tip - when you dig a massive hole for yourself you gotta start climbing, do not try and stand on someone else’s back to give you a boost up. I’m not carrying your weight. (Plus when I explained stuff to my ETL l I know you got called out again. Stop digging down!)

To all those team members who choose not use the wave or crown/stacker. Don't stand there and watch me do it for you as if it's a spectator show. Go do my work since I'm helping you. "But I'm scared to use it." Well, not doing it isn't helping. You aren't moving plutonium. If you can drive a Ford extended cab F150, you can drive the wave.

Back