To that one Team Member - II

To the former team lead: I won't miss you when you go back to the store you had transferred to. A lot of team members including myself complained about the way you treated us while you were covering for the ETL-SE and how harsh you were.

Edit: I thought that the team lead I mentioned was leaving after last week and that the original ETL-SE was coming back today but the team lead was still there today. I spoke with ETL-HR and she said that the team lead would remain for the forseeable future, much to the dismay of many team members. I'm totally disappointed right now.

Last edited:
To my one Team Lead: Hey, maybe you’d be less miserable if you’d stop pretending like you’re a mini ETL while you work off the clock. Maybe clock out for your meal and not continue to micromanage over the walkie. It might do you some good (or all of us some good... 31 minutes free sounds like a dream). And maybe actually help out your team. I’ve never had a SETL/ GSTL spend 7 out of their 8 hours in TSC on the computer, but you do you.

It’s also not a good look to continually talk badly about your peer that is better at their job than you, but I guess insecurity runs deep.

Whoever came up with this "thank you for coming to Target" nonsense clearly lacks experience in interacting with humans. How are guests supposed to reply to that? "You're welcome...?"
I think it's so stupid honestly, but I have actually had people say "You're welcome." The whole "new" script feels so unnatural.

Saying “Welcome to Target” sounds ok, but saying “Hello Guest” sounds dehumanizing, objectifying and condescending to me, like the person is viewed as just another indistinguishable walking wallet by Spot.🙁
It sounds exactly like a training exercise. I don’t know if he'll last very long. I feel like he's trying too hard to impress his TMs, much like 2 previous TLs...🙄

To the SD: I don't agree with your policy of prioritizing order pick-ups at guest services, especially when there is only one team member there due to call-outs. The guests that were waiting for returns flipped out and it caused a small argument between the SETL and the next guest in line. I think this should only be the policy when there are more than two team members at guest service.

To HR: Please try to hire more team members. We're all burnt-out and frustrated by the ever-increasing workload and all of the stress to complete the work while remaining under 40 hours and it's really starting to wear on all of us.

You audit U-boats at your store?!

Is this just an overnight team thing that the big stores do, or does my inbound team lead not give a sh*t?

(Little from column A, little from column B.)
Inbound TL audits U-boats to make sure sort and stack is done correctly and safely. Not required unless leadership wants it everyday or u-boats from certain department/TMs are sorted incorrectly repeatedly.

To HR: Please try to hire more team members. We're all burnt-out and frustrated by the ever-increasing workload and all of the stress to complete the work while remaining under 40 hours and it's really starting to wear on all of us.
Not sure if it’s just my area but sometimes it’ll be days before someone applies to our store. We have a hard time keeping our new hires, since a lot leave within their first 2 weeks.

Not sure if it’s just my area but sometimes it’ll be days before someone applies to our store. We have a hard time keeping our new hires, since a lot leave within their first 2 weeks.
It definitely seems like the same is happening at my store but it's to the point where it's almost hysterical of HR because they call me in or ask me to extend knowing that I will have to cut hours from another day in order to remain under 40 hours. I don't mean to sound like I'm blaming them, they can't control whether new hires will stick around but something has to be done because most team members are getting more hours than they asked for in that survey about desired hours from earlier this year.

TTOTM: you're not a TL. You will never be a TL. The ETL strings you along because the store is shortstaffed and they like that you work the night shift so you can do their job but not get paid for it. So cut the crap and stop ratting your team out who has been there way longer than you. You couldn't make it as a cart attendant and you're definitely not a leader. The team knows how to function without you.

TTOSD: you wanna know why your precious store attendance is so bad? Maybe because you have the worst ETLs of all time. They yell and belittle their team, overwork them, lie to their faces, try to get them in trouble. All instead of having real constructive conversations or trying to grow talent that is already there. We have soooo many talented, hard working people in our store who get overlooked and overworked in the wrong department when they could be shining in another. It gets boring doing the same thing over and over. Why not find out strengths and weaknesses and move from there? Cross train people that way you can move people around and keep them fresh. A team is only as strong as their weakest link and trust and believe the weak links are the ETLs.

TTOTM: you're not a TL. You will never be a TL. The ETL strings you along because the store is shortstaffed and they like that you work the night shift so you can do their job but not get paid for it. So cut the crap and stop ratting your team out who has been there way longer than you. You couldn't make it as a cart attendant and you're definitely not a leader. The team knows how to function without you.

TTOSD: you wanna know why your precious store attendance is so bad? Maybe because you have the worst ETLs of all time. They yell and belittle their team, overwork them, lie to their faces, try to get them in trouble. All instead of having real constructive conversations or trying to grow talent that is already there. We have soooo many talented, hard working people in our store who get overlooked and overworked in the wrong department when they could be shining in another. It gets boring doing the same thing over and over. Why not find out strengths and weaknesses and move from there? Cross train people that way you can move people around and keep them fresh. A team is only as strong as their weakest link and trust and believe the weak links are the ETLs.
I think this is a company wide issue. They would rather spend the time getting rid of someone than properly train someone. Also, allowing people to constantly call out just demoralizes the rest of the team as they constantly have to pick up the slack.

Last edited:
I think this is a company wide issue. They would rather spend the time getting rid of someone then properly train someone. Also, allowing people to constantly call out just demoralizes the rest of the team as they constantly have to pick up the slack.
I agree. It's honestly sad that instead of spending time on quality people they would rather belittle or performance someone out so they can bring in young people that they can pay less. They don't care about turnovers because they can spin it to their advantage to make it look like they are equal opportunity. I love this company but whew the management. They are basically a circle jerk that orders chipotle and sits in the office while the team suffers trying to meet almost impossible expectations and goals because of being shorstaffed and morale in the toilet. All because of the big bad word GREED.

Back