To that one Team Member - II

We don't carry plus size or big & tall graphic tees, only the standard size ones. I can't remember the specific brand, but one of the graphic tee brands has "2XL" printed in the neck and yet the size is XXL.
No, I know. They're the same size too. They're both XXL sized, but some are labeled as 2XL and some as XXL. Same exact shirt though. Idk why we get the same shirt in the same size labeled two different ways, but we have.

TTO Cashier- When I said hey have you by chance seen BoB, and you replied, who's Bob!?! I dunno ask the GSA...I couldn't help but suppress a laugh going off stage.

Oy.
My first day of cashier training and the only thing the trainer asked me was Bob and Lisa. I responded with, “I’m sorry. I don’t know them yet.” And then I awkwardly went, “OH oh Oh!!! The first page of the book!!!” I still cringe thinking about this moment.

My first day of cashier training and the only thing the trainer asked me was Bob and Lisa. I responded with, “I’m sorry. I don’t know them yet.” And then I awkwardly went, “OH oh Oh!!! The first page of the book!!!” I still cringe thinking about this moment.
No one at Spot ever mentioned Bob and Lisa to me so when someone finally said it, I went, "I don't know who Bob is, but I think Lisa is on her break...oh! I thought that was just a Walmart thing!"

TTOETL Maybe instead of giving us a hard time about getting the entire workload done while we're disgustingly understaffed, you could try understanding. But no, keep giving us a hard time. Keep fighting me on it. Just keep pushing until we quit and you don't have anyone but trainees left for the rest of Q4.

Last edited:
To those softlines TMs:

Please don't turn the closet into something that looks like the set for a disaster movie. Please don't store fixtures in there. Please don't store sign holders and clearance signs in there. Please don't leave multiple rolls of trash bags unrolled in there. Please don't store chemicals with broken tops in there. Please don't hide clothes in every rarely looked in niche. Please don't leave dozens of hanger tabs all over the floor. Please don't leave hangers all over the floor. Please don't leave stuff all over the desk at the end of your shift. Please clean up whatever mess happens on your watch. I'm really tired of having to clean up all that mess, which leaves me less time to do things like reshop and zone and keep the fitting room looking nice, which means I'm getting talked to about why I'm slower than everyone.

Btw, if you continue to ignore my requests, enjoy your anonymous mess making while it lasts. I'm tired of this dance, and now whenever there's a big mess I'm calling leadership over so it can be documented. I was told that if I do this someone will be looking at past schedules to figure out who left the mess because leadership in charge of softlines is also tired of the mess.

To that new SFS Tm :
Yes , you have been here for over a month ( less than 6 weeks ) , if you are scheduled SFS but are pulled to push truck by the STL , because we have too many people scheduled for SFS ... just go push truck ..
and stop following me around and ask me if I have found everything .. WTF , I have been working for Target for the past 8 years, I know my way around ..
and stop whining that you don’t like pushing truck .. just go away while I am training your replacement ...

TTCoupleOfNewTMs: please, for the love of god, unless you have a medical reason not to, wear a bra to work. And learn what shirt cuts are and aren't work appropriate. I don't know what it is lately with so many people in guest facing workcenters choosing to forgo bras, but someone's eventually going to comment on that and it probably won't be pretty.

TTCoupleOfNewTMs: please, for the love of god, unless you have a medical reason not to, wear a bra to work. And learn what shirt cuts are and aren't work appropriate. I don't know what it is lately with so many people in guest facing workcenters choosing to forgo bras, but someone's eventually going to comment on that and it probably won't be pretty.
I *HATE* wearing a bra...so uncomfortable...but I know that it's not a good idea to go without one at work, so I've just been buying sports bras and wearing those. No wires! :)

Think of the bright side. In a decade or so, not wearing that bra means the unsupported girls will have stretched the skin to the point that the girls are low riders. Those new TMs are just setting themselves up for floppy boobs. Meanwhile you (assuming your avatar matches your gender) will have great looking boobs because you paid attention to support.

TTOTM: Really? Who gives a flying fig if 'everyone' hears our 'conversation' over the walkie? It's not like it was a private conversation, or even took a long time, I told you we didn't have the item that your guest was looking for. That's it, there was nothing else.

To those softlines TMs:

Please don't turn the closet into something that looks like the set for a disaster movie. Please don't store fixtures in there. Please don't store sign holders and clearance signs in there. Please don't leave multiple rolls of trash bags unrolled in there. Please don't store chemicals with broken tops in there. Please don't hide clothes in every rarely looked in niche. Please don't leave dozens of hanger tabs all over the floor. Please don't leave hangers all over the floor. Please don't leave stuff all over the desk at the end of your shift. Please clean up whatever mess happens on your watch. I'm really tired of having to clean up all that mess, which leaves me less time to do things like reshop and zone and keep the fitting room looking nice, which means I'm getting talked to about why I'm slower than everyone.

Btw, if you continue to ignore my requests, enjoy your anonymous mess making while it lasts. I'm tired of this dance, and now whenever there's a big mess I'm calling leadership over so it can be documented. I was told that if I do this someone will be looking at past schedules to figure out who left the mess because leadership in charge of softlines is also tired of the mess.
AMEN.
My team can't even keep our desk drawer clean, let alone the closet. But we do have this one newer girl that can clean that closet in about 5 minutes and I told her she can never leave, lol.

TThoseOtherVetTMs:
Can we please cut out all the snarking and attitude towards each other (especially in front of the new hires)? Because now the 18 year old newbies think they can talk to me like I'm garbage because YOU, my "friends" (who haven't worked here as long as I have, not that it changes things) treat me, and everyone else, as such. I know we're all stressed out and frustrated, but can we not take it out on each other?

AMEN.
My team can't even keep our desk drawer clean, let alone the closet. But we do have this one newer girl that can clean that closet in about 5 minutes and I told her she can never leave, lol.
If she can clean in 5 minutes then your closet can't look anything like our closet. It takes me 5 minutes just to pick up all the hangers and dig around looking for the latest clothing stash. Pulling out fixtures, including the big stuff, getting the cleaning supplies neatly in their place (not joking when I say the trash bag rolls are unrolled), tossing all the half drank water bottles, digging out whatever is in the back preventing the step ladder and the folding table from sliding out of the way, usually a fixture or a box of shoes with part of the clothing stash, and then doing the same exact thing for under the desk.....it takes time. The drawer is a battle that doesn't need to be fought, so it's trashed. I've got way too much reshop and clearance to do.

If she can clean in 5 minutes then your closet can't look anything like our closet. It takes me 5 minutes just to pick up all the hangers and dig around looking for the latest clothing stash. Pulling out fixtures, including the big stuff, getting the cleaning supplies neatly in their place (not joking when I say the trash bag rolls are unrolled), tossing all the half drank water bottles, digging out whatever is in the back preventing the step ladder and the folding table from sliding out of the way, usually a fixture or a box of shoes with part of the clothing stash, and then doing the same exact thing for under the desk.....it takes time. The drawer is a battle that doesn't need to be fought, so it's trashed. I've got way too much reshop and clearance to do.
Oh, I'm sure ours isn't as bad as yours, but it's only because she and I are constantly cleaning it over and over. It sounds like you've been on your own! I'm sorry 😯

Mostly, ours is the newbies not knowing where stuff is supposed to go. We do still have this awful basket just inside the door where clothes get stashed instead of random corners. But we had so much random shit left near the fitting room that we had to use one of the fitting rooms as storage too 😑 And I mean, it's not clean. It's just less of a disaster...

TTOSeasonalTM: Something you're going to have to learn, like right now and especially this time of year is that the GSTL / GSA is not and most of the time cannot come running to you every time you flip your light. Also, it's *never* OK to leave the guest and hunt down the GSTL. I get that the guest wants to be done ASAP, and I know you want to help them do that, but that's not how to do it. If they don't come right away it's because they're tied up with another TM or taking care of another task that needs their attention. Their job isn't just standing out front doing nothing for 8+ hours a day.

That's also why they put newbies like you with vets, so we can help you. If all you needed was a PLU, I could've easily helped you, but you didn't ask. Frustration.

TTOTM- please don’t drop a pile of loose sheets from various sets on the counter and ask me to defect them out, and then when I ask if you have DPCIs, say no and walk away.
Those sheets would have found their way back into the reshop cart. Trust me, I have done it before and will do it again.

Back