To that one Team Member - II

TAllThoseNewTMs: Remember what fucking locker is yours. It's not that hard. Write it down. take a picture. Text the number to yourself. Whatever you have to do. What I do? I generally set the three numbers to something memorable so I can easily see which locker is mine once I get in the general area, and because none of you idiots can remember what locker is yours, that system is pretty much blown because now all the lockers are set to your combo because you can't be bothered to remember whether you even have a big or a little locker, let alone what column or row it might be in.
I guess we could solve it with dry-erase labels. Since we can't fix stupid, at least provide a crutch lol.

We don't have enough lockers for everyone to have a dedicated location. We have only about 60 lockers and are currently at ~180 TMs. I would love to have a permanently assigned locker.

TTOTM: What a demanding brat you were yesterday, just because I didn't drop everything and go do whatever it was you were asking me to do! (I have hearing problems, and it's hard for me to understand thick accents, especially if the person is just saying something as they walk by, instead of stopping and talking right at me.) I was in the middle of helping a guest, which you saw, and even then, I still got a walkie call from you not long afterwards demanding that I come help you right that second. Not gonna happen. I help people who ask me politely, not people who demand I drop my own work to do theirs.

TTOTM: What a demanding brat you were yesterday, just because I didn't drop everything and go do whatever it was you were asking me to do! (I have hearing problems, and it's hard for me to understand thick accents, especially if the person is just saying something as they walk by, instead of stopping and talking right at me.) I was in the middle of helping a guest, which you saw, and even then, I still got a walkie call from you not long afterwards demanding that I come help you right that second. Not gonna happen. I help people who ask me politely, not people who demand I drop my own work to do theirs.
Yeah, I'm having trouble with a coworker barking orders too, and being damned annoying when I ignore her. Flies, vinegar, honey after all.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with a coworker barking orders too, and being damned annoying when I ignore her. Flies, vinegar, honey after all.

There must be one at every store....TTOTM: I don't care how long you've worked here. I don't care what you think I should be doing. I help TMs when asked. Don't try to take advantage of that by telling me to do work that just happens to be part of your assignment. I have my own shit to do.

To the seasonal TMs...I seriously can't be the only one answering calls and call boxes on the floor. I showed you how to answer a call on the zebra AND the red phone...

To the inbound team...please STOP putting the box cutters in your mouths. Seriously.

To whomever calls for "salesfloor" without telling us what you're looking for...oh please stop.

TTOTL: Who thinks scheduling guest service like it’s a normal weekend (1 opener/1 closer) instead of Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend was a good idea?

We’ve had to pull cashiers from the front to help retrieve guest orders. We have to call the GSA/GSTL multiple times for help. At this point, I’m flat out exhausted and I have three more days to work.
Sounds like what’s been happening at my GS. Cyber Monday and one closer alone after 3?

Sounds like what’s been happening at my GS. Cyber Monday and one closer alone after 3?

I went in last night, and got stranded at GS for 90 minutes. Online order pickup and massive returns, and it was such a huge mess at the end of the night. I just kept grabbing the online order pickups and trying to help sort returns. The GSA wanted to keep me, but my STL fetched me to fill endcaps and zone in middle after awhile.

I can't believe the scheduling (front end and sales floor) lately...

TTOHRTM: Although I only had 15 minutes of training to be an operator before you clocked out last night, you went out of your way to explain each functions on the phone, jot down on paper how to announce certain messages, and give me your number to text you in case I run into further problems before I clocked out.

I really appreciate your patience and support in me as a last
resort operator, thank you for all of that.

Last edited:
To whomever made the front end schedule yesterday: Please schedule more veteran cashiers so that I or any other veteran cashier am not running back and forth from my register to a seasonal cashier to help them with WIC, tax-exempt, removing spider-wrap etc. It was very inefficient and I feel exhausted from moving so much. I'm sure it will be the same today and it's going to leave the other veteran cashiers/GSTLs frustrated and angry.

TTOTM: I really can't stand you, I keep hoping you'll quit because I hate having to deal with you during almost every single shift I have.

TTOTM sincerely thank you so much for noticing that I was feeling down. I was trying so hard to hide it and still you somehow caught on and asked me about it. I didn't even have to tell you what the problem was, you just knew about what the other TM was doing to make me feel like that and you were there for me to talk to me about it. I also really love how you even confronted the other TM about it and tried to fix it even though you weren't able to fix the problem, you were at least able to get them to admit what was going on and at least give me some peace of mind that I wasn't overreacting or going crazy.

I'm truly glad that you and some of the other older TMs are constantly looking out for me, giving me advice (most of the time which is get out which I actually hope I can do sometime soon) and just making me feel like part of a family for the first time in forever. I know that you and your other friends have my back and that is what is going to get me through this situation with the other TM and you can't even begin to imagine how grateful I am for that.

TTOCashier: I’ve tried so hard to like you. I have been absolutely nothing but nice to you, but, man, you make it so hard.

Was it really necessary to jump into a situation that you were not involved in by telling an already annoyed guest that I could “make the change for her if I really wanted to, but I either don’t like her or don’t feel like it.” Proud of myself for not walking over to her register and hitting her honestly. C’mon we’re on the same team.

TTOCashier: I’ve tried so hard to like you. I have been absolutely nothing but nice to you, but, man, you make it so hard.

Was it really necessary to jump into a situation that you were not involved in by telling an already annoyed guest that I could “make the change for her if I really wanted to, but I either don’t like her or don’t feel like it.” Proud of myself for not walking over to her register and hitting her honestly. C’mon we’re on the same team.
So she just wanted to get the guest angry with you to make herself look better or something? She sounds awful...

You deserve a medal for not smacking her, and if you weren’t hoping she would get stuck in the toilet on her break, you deserve a raise. A BIG one.😂😂😂

That has to be some kind of conduct violation, surely.

I went in last night, and got stranded at GS for 90 minutes. Online order pickup and massive returns, and it was such a huge mess at the end of the night. I just kept grabbing the online order pickups and trying to help sort returns. The GSA wanted to keep me, but my STL fetched me to fill endcaps and zone in middle after awhile.

I can't believe the scheduling (front end and sales floor) lately...
Yep, its wicked bad.

God, I have one coworker that is driving me bonkers. I don't know what happened, she used to be a hard worker and nice to everyone. I'm getting sick and tired of hearing her practically yell "This is your task, you need to do it. You just need to do it." over things I wasn't told about. When I say I'll check with leadership, it's "No! You just need to do it." Sometimes I check and it's not mine, and my tasks for the day are restated. Sometimes I don't check and she says she's going to go to leadership and I walk away to do my tasks as she's calling for the LOD and I never hear anything more about it. She sees stuff in my cart and she's demanding to know what it all is and that I can't drop it off at the fitting room. We're to pass the phone around, one day I got it from the FRO and after a while I handed it to her and she bitched "Why are you giving this to me? It's your phone. Take your phone." I went a little bit away to do my stuff, and when it rang she yelled at me "Come answer your phone, your phone is ringing." even though it was inches from her. I just wish she would stop barking orders and trying to tell me what to do and trying to make me justify everything I'm doing and telling me to not check with leadership. I used to like her, she was a work friend, and now I can't stand her.

TTO(new)STL: you’ve been at the store about a month now and nobody likes you. Lifers are quitting right and left and you don’t care. THEN, you have the audacity to try and tell US that we “HAVE to ring out ANYTHING a guest brings us because the pharmacy registers are Target’s & (you) are short-staffed?!?!?!” My PM tried explaining to you as nicely as he could that the registers may be Target’s, but we are not Target employees and have our OWN shit to do, and you threatened to call Corporate? You can go fuck yourself. When I’m knees deep in shit in the pharmacy, which is also “short-staffed,” I’ll be damned if I ring out someone’s cart full of crap. Call Corporate, they will probably tell you the same damn thing!

TTOTM: I don’t know who’s responsible for this, but you have to pay attention. I brought a giant candy cane-shaped tube of gumballs over to guest service because a bunch of them spilled out onto the floor. I put them in a cart that was clearly labeled damages. I even put a piece of tape at the end to make it clear it was damaged.

But then I walked back to guest service a half hour later and found it in the seasonal cart. Can you imagine if we sold that to a guest? There’s so many germs on the floor, you’ll get someone sick.

Back