To that one Team Member - II

TTO(new)STL: you’ve been at the store about a month now and nobody likes you. Lifers are quitting right and left and you don’t care. THEN, you have the audacity to try and tell US that we “HAVE to ring out ANYTHING a guest brings us because the pharmacy registers are Target’s & (you) are short-staffed?!?!?!” My PM tried explaining to you as nicely as he could that the registers may be Target’s, but we are not Target employees and have our OWN shit to do, and you threatened to call Corporate? You can go fuck yourself. When I’m knees deep in shit in the pharmacy, which is also “short-staffed,” I’ll be damned if I ring out someone’s cart full of crap. Call Corporate, they will probably tell you the same damn thing!
You should have told the (new) STL to go ahead and call corporate, see what they say.

TTOTM: I don’t know who’s responsible for this, but you have to pay attention. I brought a giant candy cane-shaped tube of gumballs over to guest service because a bunch of them spilled out onto the floor. I put them in a cart that was clearly labeled damages. I even put a piece of tape at the end to make it clear it was damaged.

But then I walked back to guest service a half hour later and found it in the seasonal cart. Can you imagine if we sold that to a guest? There’s so many germs on the floor, you’ll get someone sick.

Post it notes. Post it notes. GS needs post it notes to know what to do with stuff. I've started leaving them on everything so I don't get the same items back 10 times after telling them what needs to be done with it. I get that they are busy, but so am I.

Post it notes. Post it notes. GS needs post it notes to know what to do with stuff. I've started leaving them on everything so I don't get the same items back 10 times after telling them what needs to be done with it. I get that they are busy, but so am I.
I think it's hilarious that I constantly get stuff in my reshop bin that isn't for my department, and yet *I'm* the one who's constantly 'asked' by this one GSTM to make sure I sort everything out before I put it into a bin, when I know they've seen me sorting everything out that I don't already know for sure...we only have Hearth and Hand/kitty litter/light bulbs in certain areas, so obviously I don't need to sort those out...goes in one area.

We don’t have post it’s but I always just print some receipt paper and write it on that.

I think it's hilarious that I constantly get stuff in my reshop bin that isn't for my department, and yet *I'm* the one who's constantly 'asked' by this one GSTM to make sure I sort everything out before I put it into a bin, when I know they've seen me sorting everything out that I don't already know for sure...we only have Hearth and Hand/kitty litter/light bulbs in certain areas, so obviously I don't need to sort those out...goes in one area.

They will never accuse me of not sorting. They wouldn't dare anymore. About a week or so ago, they had been calling me to do toys reshop repeatedly. Nevermind that I had already told them I'd do it after lunch, which I needed to go on to not hit compliance. I get back from lunch and the first thing I hear on the walkie is "Seasonaldude, your reshop is in a cart. Can you please do it now? We need the cart for guests." I stop on by the desk and find an overflowing cart with reshop. ETLGE was there. He pointed to it and told me to do it. I responded that almost none of it was mine. He said, I'm sure those are all toys. So, I proceeded to take out my zebra and scan everything one by one throwing shit in the proper bins. Amplified gifting, amplified gifting, electronics, amplified gifting, HBA, amplified gifting. I was left with a couple of board games and vendor toys to toss on a shelf. I did offer to drop the amp gifting by the fitting room for him though.

They will never accuse me of not sorting. They wouldn't dare anymore. About a week or so ago, they had been calling me to do toys reshop repeatedly. Nevermind that I had already told them I'd do it after lunch, which I needed to go on to not hit compliance. I get back from lunch and the first thing I hear on the walkie is "Seasonaldude, your reshop is in a cart. Can you please do it now? We need the cart for guests." I stop on by the desk and find an overflowing cart with reshop. ETLGE was there. He pointed to it and told me to do it. I responded that almost none of it was mine. He said, I'm sure those are all toys. So, I proceeded to take out my zebra and scan everything one by one throwing shit in the proper bins. Amplified gifting, amplified gifting, electronics, amplified gifting, HBA, amplified gifting. I was left with a couple of board games and vendor toys to toss on a shelf. I did offer to drop the amp gifting by the fitting room for him though.
That's my problem, everyone assumes that all Christmas stuff goes in seasonal, all games go in toys, all bath and cosmetics things go in HBA...seriously, some of the softlines people in my store HATE the fact that they're supposed to put away the amplified gifting reshops, at least according to our store leads, so it all gets dumped wherever. This one GSTM loves to assume I'm a total idiot, though, usually when they're having a bad day and apparently need someone to take it out on.

That's my problem, everyone assumes that all Christmas stuff goes in seasonal, all games go in toys, all bath and cosmetics things go in HBA...seriously, some of the softlines people in my store HATE the fact that they're supposed to put away the amplified gifting reshops, at least according to our store leads, so it all gets dumped wherever. This one GSTM loves to assume I'm a total idiot, though, usually when they're having a bad day and apparently need someone to take it out on.

I feel you. I'm seasonal so a lot of people treat me like I'm an idiot. Hell, an electronics TM today talked down to me when I handed him some backstock that goes in the lockup. "You're sure you checked both locations? Nothing else will fit on the shelf? OK, I'll backstock it for you." Dude, I cover your lunches. I opened your section this morning because the opener showed up 2 hours late. Good luck with that lunch next time you ask. I can also manage to be with a guest the next time you are activating a phone and need help with something.

I feel you. I'm seasonal so a lot of people treat me like I'm an idiot. Hell, an electronics TM today talked down to me when I handed him some backstock that goes in the lockup. "You're sure you checked both locations? Nothing else will fit on the shelf? OK, I'll backstock it for you." Dude, I cover your lunches. I opened your section this morning because the opener showed up 2 hours late. Good luck with that lunch next time you ask. I can also manage to be with a guest the next time you are activating a phone and need help with something.
I'm seasonal as well, but thankfully, it's only a few people who are jerks. There's one person who doesn't seem to like anyone but the male employees, and she has a weird attitude with all the other women, and one person who's just a jerk to anyone outside of her immediate circle if we dare set foot anywhere near her usual area.

I've tried this.
I once wrapped an item entirely all the way around with receipt tape, taped together with scotch tape, on which I wrote every inch the department it belonged to, caution tape style. I taped it to the item in multiple places so it couldn't fall off.
It was back in my style reshop bin 3 hours later.

bringing up a cart full of defectives to guest service during Q4 with the line out the door? nah, we all have mywork2.0 and can find access to a printer and do our own defectives!

a couple of damaged items? sure whatever, but carts or u boats of defectives? catch me sending them back because we are not doing that this time of year.

bringing up a cart full of defectives to guest service during Q4 with the line out the door? nah, we all have mywork2.0 and can find access to a printer and do our own defectives!

a couple of damaged items? sure whatever, but carts or u boats of defectives? catch me sending them back because we are not doing that this time of year.
Normally I defect everything out myself unless I'm told to leave it for guest service to do, but when that one person is in guest services? Yeah, I'm gonna leave everything for them to do, since they like to treat me like an idiot who can't figure out where anything goes.

Jeez. Are you in my store? I discovered a full vehicle marked Defectives sitting next to our photo printer about halfway through my shift yesterday.

TTCoupleOfNewTMs: please, for the love of god, unless you have a medical reason not to, wear a bra to work. And learn what shirt cuts are and aren't work appropriate. I don't know what it is lately with so many people in guest facing workcenters choosing to forgo bras, but someone's eventually going to comment on that and it probably won't be pretty.
Bras Make Breasts Sag, 15-Year Study Concludes
Published Sat 13 Apr 2013 By Sarah Glynn
Wearing a bra does more harm than good - it does nothing to reduce back pain and weakens the muscles that hold up the breasts, resulting in greater breast sagging, Jean-Denis Rouillon, a sports science expert from the University of Besançon, France, reported after a 15-year study.

Rouillon says that the main conclusion from the preliminary results of his "marathon experiment" is that the bra is a false necessity.

In an interview with France Info (radio), Professor Rouillon said:

"Medically, physiologically, anatomically - breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra."

Prof. Rouillon used a slide rule and a caliper (a device used to measure the distance between two opposite sides of an object) to carefully measure changes in breast features of hundreds of women over a 15-year period at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Besançon.

All his volunteers were between 18 and 35 years old. Rouillon emphasized that although his study spanned many years and included hundreds of women, he in no way claims his sample population is representative of the global population of women.

ADVERTISEMENT
Progression Of COPD? - It Could Be Alpha-1
Alpha-1 Is A Rare Genetic Condition Linked to COPD. Get A Free Test Kit Here.
geneticCOPDtest.com
Rouillon found that women who never wore bras had nipples on average seven millimeters higher in relation to their shoulders each year than regular bra users.

In an interview with France Info, a 28-year old female called Capucine says she swears by Rouillon's findings.

Capucine, who was one of the volunteers in Rouillon's study, said:

"There are multiple benefits (to being without a bra): I breathe more easily, I carry myself better, and I have less back pain."

Rouillon warns that some women should not throw their bras away immediately. For example, older women (45 years or more) would derive no benefit from throwing away their bra. In an interview with Reuters, he said "But a middle-aged woman, overweight, with 2.4 children? I'm not at all sure she'd benefit from abandoning bras."

In an interview with The Local, an English-written newspaper in France, Rouillon stressed "These are preliminary results. The small sample of 320 young women is not representative of the entire population - that would require something like 300,000 subjects."

The study did confirm that, according to preliminary data, when young women stop wearing a bra:
There is no deterioration in the orientation of their breasts
There is widespread improvement in the orientation of their breasts
A previous study by the University of Portsmouth, England, revealed that some women are damaging their breasts because they are wearing the wrong bra size.

Rouillon acknowledged that women wear a bra for a number of reasons, apart from hoping to conserve the shape of their breasts and to prevent sagging. Some find them more comfortable, especially those who live far from the equator during wintertime.

In order for these "preliminary results" to become "definitive", Rouillon says he needs to recruit a much larger sample of women, and to conduct further research on the subject.

John Dixey, former CEO of bra-maker Playtex, explained in a Channel 4 (British TV channel) interview "We have no evidence that wearing a bra could prevent sagging, because the breast itself is not muscle, so keeping it toned up is an impossibility.... There's no permanent effect on the breast from wearing a particular bra. The bra will give you the shape the bra's been designed to give while you're wearing it."

Ok, that’s fair. I usually try to do things myself instead of handing them off for other people to work on. But I’ve never had training on how to do defectives, so I don’t know how to do it. I’ll be sure to talk to someone and try to learn :)

But anyway, the main issue at hand here is that someone moved damage product into the regular reshop carts.

I wish :( we regularly close with about 2-3 carts full of defects. We can’t keep up

@Falkor It doesn't change that no one except guys who are feeling horny at the moment want to see a woman's nipples indenting her shirt all day.

I wish :( we regularly close with about 2-3 carts full of defects. We can’t keep up
this is how it used to be for us and i’m sure it will revert back to that after Q4 unfortunately. we’ve had a line to the door and are spread so thin lately though that times where i’ve silently complained, i’ve ended up speaking up and telling them that we are not doing it. softlines tl gives us a problem about it, but our etl - ge and gstls back us.

Wtf...ain’t nobody got time for that!
If they have time to stare that much they should be working!
Problem is, the nipples in question apparently belong to TMs at @BullseyeBlues store. So a few guests will be finding every reason to need "help" every moment of the TMs' workday, while most guests will be feeling ewww. And yeah, working, but there will be some TMs who are really uncomfortable about having to unwillingly look at that whenever there needs to be communication between them and the free-breasted TMs.

Fuck 'em. If people don't want to wear bras, they shouldn't have to. They shouldn't have to spend money they don't have on an uncomfortable undergarment that may actually be harmful to them all because we don't expect men to be able to control their "urges" so we push that shit off on women from the time they first develop breasts and never think about why visible nipples is something that makes us go "ew". Don't want to see nipples? Don't look. It's not really that hard. I'm fucking sick of girls and women having always having to be the ones to change and accommodate and nobody ever stopping to think of the harm it does them.

I could go on. For days.

I never hear men complain about being "distracted" or "offended" by women's breasts. It's always women trying to scold, shame and scare other women into shape.

The intent wasn’t to shame, I was more concerned because these are minors and I know we have several “guests” at my store that will always target the minor girls even when nipples are not involved and the nipple thing would make these girls even more of a target for these guys. It’s also pretty cold here so it’d be a little uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as some bras. I have nothing against going without bras, I do without some days but then again I usually have a sweatshirt on cause my own chest draws too much attention.

Back