To that one Team Member - II

ttotm: i heard you complain that you had nothing to do and had already finished your zone, i know you werent on a break, and you even walked by the lanes and ignored me when i called for backup :') ill remember it the next time you ask me for help
:mad: Not much irks me more than a TM saying they have nothing to do! I've had fellow TMs come up to me while I'm zoning or sorting reshop and say "My area looks good, I'm all caught up" and I will say "Great, want to help me with this? Or you can push your reshop or zone another area. " "Oh, let me go check my tables again." :rolleyes:

To the truck team:

This is backstock from one aisle of overpush. Come on, don’t make me do your job.

Also, you should know what numbers in parentheses of locations mean.
This is one reason I like the DBO plan. At least there's some accountability now for things that aren't done properly, most of the time. Granted, there are still other TMs pushing product in my area, but I do most of it most of the time.

This is one reason I like the DBO plan. At least there's some accountability now for things that aren't done properly, most of the time. Granted, there are still other TMs pushing product in my area, but I do most of it most of the time.
The store is open probably over 100 hours a week. The DBO is in their area 25-35 hours a week. How can they really be held accountable for their area when they are in it only a quarter of all hours it's in use?

A DBO person is someone who is responsible for an area. "Bob, please do luggage and sporting goods." Bob will do everything and is fully responsible. The irritating acronym DBO stands for designated business owner. A cute little MBA dumbass word the pencil pushers dreamed up.
Oh. DBOs would be great at my store. Unfortunately, I’m somewhere different every night. Very annoying. I want complete control over my section.

The store is open probably over 100 hours a week. The DBO is in their area 25-35 hours a week. How can they really be held accountable for their area when they are in it only a quarter of all hours it's in use?
There's more accountability possible than there was before. I do all of the truck push for my area. Recently did almost all the revisions and sales planners in my area. There are others who zone and do 1 for 1 batches, handle back stock on days I'm not there. I do still find goofs, but not nearly as many as I used to.

DBO? What’s that? You say there’s accountability, I’m intrigued.
DBO = designated business owner. I think it's a dumb name because I've actually been a small business owner and it's definitely not anywhere near the same thing.
That aside, I like that if there's a problem in my area, it's probably because of something I did, and that means it's something I can fix. That's different from the days when there were a bunch of different people pushing truck in my area and putting name-brand product in the space for store-brand, mixing up different size containers or varieties of the same product, cramming in overstock, not defecting out damaged goods, not stocking second locations, etc.
Plus I like that I get to do a variety of tasks instead of just going from one department to another doing the same thing. And I like that I really know my area so I can better assist guests.

To the PML: What did you do to get fired or did you quit? I'm not familiar with what PMLs do on a daily basis, but considering there is usually only one of them in a store, I would assume that you had good job security and if you were fired, you had to have done something REALLY bad. Our store is onto it's third PML over the past six months or so.

To the PML: What did you do to get fired or did you quit? I'm not familiar with what PMLs do on a daily basis, but considering there is usually only one of them in a store, I would assume that you had good job security and if you were fired, you had to have done something REALLY bad. Our store is onto it's third PML over the past six months or so.
Three people in the same job over six months? I'd say something's wrong at your store, not so much with the people in that particular position. In the five+ years I've been at my store, we've had 2 PMLs, with some fill-ins from nearby stores in-between.

Yeah, turnover that high, it doesn't matter if it's quick firing or quitting, it's a store problem, not a worker problem.

Three people in the same job over six months? I'd say something's wrong at your store, not so much with the people in that particular position. In the five+ years I've been at my store, we've had 2 PMLs, with some fill-ins from nearby stores in-between.
Yeah, turnover that high, it doesn't matter if it's quick firing or quitting, it's a store problem, not a worker problem.
I want to believe that it's only a store problem for my particular store, but it's tough to compare when a lot of other members are posting about numerous ETLs and team leads leaving. At my store, there's only been one ETL who quit since I've been at Target so at least we're relatively stable from that perspective. In addition, HR has also had the same 5 or 6 team members with some front end team members filling in occasionally.
On the other hand, I'm alarmed at how many GSTLs have quit, but it seems like par for the course considering modernization and all of it's problems.

To whomever is responsible for fixing the cart machines (probably PML): Get this straightened out because I've heard rumblings that both of our newly hired cart attendants don't want to do carts anymore because there hasn't been a functioning cart machine since early September. One went on vacation and said he doesn't want to do carts anymore, the other has had attendance issues and might quit/be terminated soon.
I really hope this doesn't fall on me again if both of our cart attendants quit/move to other positions in the store.

To that one team lead: When I call someone on the walkie, I would appreciate it if you didn’t suddenly interrupt and call out all the departments that have reshop. It could wait, I was talking to someone else and that was rude.

In fact, everyone is sick of how much you blab on the walkie. Just ask anyone. I get that you’re trying to run the store, but you can’t go longer than 20 seconds without saying something. A lot of us get the impression that you don’t trust we’ll get the job done without micromanaging everything.

Last edited:
To that one team lead: When I calm someone on the walkie, I would appreciate it if you didn’t suddenly interrupt and call out all the departments that have reshop. It could wait, I was talking to someone else and that was rude.

In fact, everyone is sick of how much you blab on the walkie. Just ask anyone. I get that you’re trying to run the store, but you can’t go longer than 20 seconds without saying something. A lot of us get the impression that you don’t trust we’ll get the job done without micromanaging everything.
My store has an ETL like that. Makes everyone want to yell STFU every time her voice is heard, which is about every two minutes all day. Bet she wonders why the team are rolling their eyes all the time...

My store has an ETL like that. Makes everyone want to yell STFU every time her voice is heard, which is about every two minutes all day. Bet she wonders why the team are rolling their eyes all the time...
Typo city by me, I was typing quickly because I was frustrated lol. I means “call someone” not “calm someone” lol.

But yeah, I’ve realized team members are less productive when leads micromanage and say “this aisle needs some love, can you touch it up?” But imagine them telling you that every 15 minutes. Like chill bitch, I’ll get to it, I’m moving down the aisles in ascending order.

We had one on ad set who would screw with your waco full of tags, move them around, and tell us constantly "you must work with a sense of urgency". We always got it done, we had a great team. "NO, sugar plum....YOU have to leave the aisle with a sense of urgency."

To all the seasonal s : if you applied and got a job , just show up ... 7 seasonal so far have NCNs ... either after one shift or simply right after orientation ... I really don’t get it ...

Back