1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

To that one Team Member..

Discussion in 'Guests First!' started by greatteam, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Bethy

Bethy Team Member

Sounds like you’re the one with the grumpy attitude. As a new cashier right before Xmas, I asked the same types of questions about “Funkos”, “LOL dolls”, and “fingerlings”. It basically went like:
    Me- “oh wow these things have been so popular! What do they do??”
    Guest- Explains some weird toy/collectible thing that I can’t relate to...
    Me- “oh interesting! Never heard of them before...”

Couldn’t actually hold a conversation about this random toy; much like your cashier might not be as well-informed about high-end fashion brands.

So that’s a reason to shit on someone who has been loyal to the company that gives you a paycheck despite her getting paid shit for a decade of consistent and loyal service?

beevery likes this.
  2. Bethy

Bethy Team Member

Oh and about the bags...really?!?!?
    If your issue is about a cashier not remembering to give you a 5c discount; then again, you have bigger issues. If you really think that’s a serious problem, then bring it up to your supervisor. Best of luck...
    Or just park further away and pick up change in the parking lot as you walk into the store. Likely more productive.

TallAPGuy and beevery like this.
  3. Frontlanegirl

Frontlanegirl Team Trainer

TTOHLTM Stop sending guests to GS to inquire about an item. If you don't see it available in the store we can't make it appear at GS.

REDcardJJ and louehans like this.
  4. Ahem

Ahem Team Member

To those leaders, "I don't know. Sometimes it works with some phones. Sometimes it doesn't" is the wrong answer when it comes to the Apple pay question. Know your damn workcenter. Samsung pay and apple/Google pay don't use the same tech. I find it hard to believe you've never been provided with this info so I'm refusing to give the benefit of the doubt rn

CeeCee and canttouchthis777 like this.
  5. YoNanas

YoNanas When in doubt, throw it out

FYI, that's why many guests prefer to use self checkouts. Since the cashiers run their mouths faster than they run their hands and just slow down the transaction by just blabbering that they fail to give the right amount of change to you since they try to get you to focus more on the convo that you don't count the change they give you. So they later on steal the change they failed to give you a few bucks here and there. We've had cashiers fired for stealing money. And we've had cashiers who asked guests questions like "are you in a relationship" and they did get fired. And you as a cashier are supposed to do your job giving bag discounts. If the guest has to remimd you, then you got bigger issues. You are the same cashier who somehow gives me my receipt without giving me my $2.00 change.

6. YoNanas

YoNanas When in doubt, throw it out

I am a TM and a guest. It's not my job to teach her about a brand. I'm off the clock so I'm technically not supposed to be educating you about my purchase. I'm not getting paid for that. FYI, there have been print outs posted by the time clock regarding Hunter for Target. Read it. Or Google it. Otherwise don't motormouth. Your job is to ring me up not start asking questions slowing down the transaction when there is clearly a line behind me. If I don't want to answer your question then just zip it and move on and ring me up. Is that your new thing now that you're not answering me I'm not going to proceed with the transaction? Especially when you know I'm on break. None of you were at my store to know how the cashier was so how are you able to just side with her.

Billybobjoe likes this.
  7. Jenna120

Jenna120 Slave to Bastet's acolytes

Pretty freaking sad when I wish it was @Planosss or @Kartman being this argumentative and, well, bitchy. At least they are entertaining when they do so.

8. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

9. louehans

louehans Electronics & Guest Service

To all TMs: please don’t think that us at GS know the answer to everything and get upset when we don’t know. Please stop sending guests up to us for items you have already searched for and know we don’t have. Also do your own defects like you were all told to do and STOP making us do all your stuff when we have 100 million other things to do. Also, don’t get mad when we call out your reshop as if we are doing it just to spite you. Stop talking us and asking us questions when we are helping guests. Finally, don’t just leave your stuff on the counter when you know that our TLs hate stuff on the GS counters.

10. Frontlanegirl

Frontlanegirl Team Trainer

This!!! I am sure I can add more.

11. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service & Photo

we do not accept apple or google pay. samsung pay will occasionally work because it emulated a physical card.

canttouchthis777 likes this.
  12. NPC

NPC 特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す

She was asking you about the brand as small talk. Jesus fucking christ. The point is, you go on about what you like about the brand if you want. Or, if you're in a cunty mood like usual, you don't. Both are fine reactions. But acting like she's somehow wrong for asking the great and powerful you a question, is fucking ridiculous. At least have the sense of mind to understand that.

13. CeeCee

CeeCee Team Member

Heck - I’ve been known to give people the 5¢ off if they don’t take a bag. It’s a nickel- I doubt it will break Target’s bank.

14. canttouchthis777

canttouchthis777 *teleports behind you*

ttotm: stop spraying piss all over the br toilet seat, asshole

YoNanas and hufflepuff like this.
  15. REDcardJJ

REDcardJJ ADDITIONAL CASHIERS TO THE FRONT LANES

PREACH!! I'm sick and tired of having guests sent up to Guest Service with unrealistic expectations of what we can and can't do, especially when it was a team member who should know better. I've overheard many conversations where a TM tells a guest "just go up to Guest Services, they'll be able to help you" when the guest has an unreasonable request that we can't accommodate.

16. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service & Photo

the worst offender? target.com. not even gonna explain since I know my GSTMs know what I mean and all have their fair share of stories

17. Mysterious

Mysterious The Special Consultant

To Mysterious from the "favorite" TL; "Mysterious, you got to stop talking so we can get this warehouse clean." My tasklist normally consist of: Backroom, Guest Service calls, Flexible Fulfillment (OPU, SFS, DriveUp), Salefloor support and Receiving Back-up.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, this TL acts like an ETL (no disrespect to those reading this) and doesn't get hand-on. Tells hardworking individuals to shut up and will talk to the slackers casually. We have lost some reliable, tenured team members because of this TL and the STL just lets it slide. Due to confidentiality, am unaware if there are monitoring that TL's performance. Just a walking hypocrite.

/end rant

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. IcePeasant

IcePeasant Don’t flock with me

TATETLS: This conversation I had today just made me realize how fucking pathetic you all are, even my favorite one. My promotion to guest is soon to happen.

19. pfreshdude

pfreshdude Team Leader

I dont cashier much if at all anymore while working in Market but every single time I rang up that discount the guest let me know before I even rang up 1 item when I back up cashiered in the past.

Amanda Cantwell likes this.
  20. shortstuffishere

shortstuffishere Team Member

It's with certain phones and you gotta get the sweet spot.. which is the actuall magnet reader. And the sweet spot is cranky per each phone! Lol