Archived Too many bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
I cant say much or it will give away my location but they just added a TL to seasonal and open market...this person is going to br promoted as Team Lead for seasonal. Im sorry but thats just an excuse to give a "friend" a pay grade raise and promotion. Theres no need for a TL of seasonal lol. What is this person going to do? Whats the responsibility beside setting sales planners? rediculous. Weve got over 10 "bosses" at our store during each shift. Im beginning to feel this company is elementary.

Is the volume of your store extremely high? I could see a Seasonal TL being added just to manage the seasonal pushes and merchandising/condensing for plano if the store is that busy. Otherwise it sounds like there are TLs moving/stepping down/promoting and they are just running heavy until those things happen.

I cant say much or it will give away my location but they just added a TL to seasonal and open market...this person is going to br promoted as Team Lead for seasonal. Im sorry but thats just an excuse to give a "friend" a pay grade raise and promotion. Theres no need for a TL of seasonal lol. What is this person going to do? Whats the responsibility beside setting sales planners? rediculous. Weve got over 10 "bosses" at our store during each shift. Im beginning to feel this company is elementary.
Headcount changes require DTL approval, so I seriously doubt it's just favoritism.

I could see a Seasonal TL being added just to manage the seasonal pushes and merchandising/condensing for plano if the store is that busy. Otherwise it sounds like there are TLs moving/stepping down/promoting and they are just running heavy until those things happen

I could see that for back to school/holidays. Seasonal this time of year just doesn't get enough traffic.

I think your second theory is spot on.

Is the volume of your store extremely high? I could see a Seasonal TL being added just to manage the seasonal pushes and merchandising/condensing for plano if the store is that busy. Otherwise it sounds like there are TLs moving/stepping down/promoting and they are just running heavy until those things happen.
Weren't the vmls supposed to help with that?

2GSTL
FA
Flow
backroom/receiving/sfs/instocks
presentation/price change
Hardlines
market
soft lines
Vml

That's 10 right there

High Volume Super Target Leadership Head Count (each food department has either 1-2 PAs):

Starbucks Team Lead
Meat Team Lead
Produce Team Lead
Bakery Team Lead
Deli Team Lead
Dairy Team Lead
Consumables Team Lead x2

Human Resources Team Lead x2 (one overnight)
Guest Service Team Lead x3
Hardlines Team Lead x2
Softlines Team Lead
Visual Merchandise Team Lead
Seasonal Team Lead
Backroom Team Lead x2
Presentation/Pricing Team Lead

Flow? (Overnight) Senior Team Leads x2

Store Team Lead (STL)
Human Resources Executive Team Lead

Senior Food Executive Team Lead
Meat/Diary Executive Team Lead
Consumables Executive Team Lead
Bakery/Produce Executive Team Lead
Starbucks/Deli Executive Team Lead

3 Overnight Executive Team Leads

I mainly work Food Side but a Senior Executive Team Lead to represent the otherside. With 5 additional Executive Team Leads over there.

I think we are way past 10 Team Leads (23)/ETLs (17) :p

Last edited:
My store is a b volume (was an a) and we are at 9tl (2 are senior tl), 4 etls and a stl. We are going to attrition out 1 etl and 2 tl due to dropping in volume. But we get another SrTL position.

Interesting to see leadership numbers.

High Volume Super Target Leadership Head Count (each food department has either 1-2 PAs):

I think we are way past 10 Team Leads (23)/ETLs (17) :p
Jeeeeeeeeeez. With the communication issues every store seems to have, yours must have twofold.

Honestly speaking, we are all "Leaders" of our own workcenters. Only difference is we aren't making large amounts of money for it. I can't tell you how thin stretched I have been at Spot sometimes and even though I no longer have TL next to my name on the daily grid, how respected I am not only by my peers, but Leadership in general. Many of you who have been with Spot many years are unofficial Leaders. Hell, if you been with the company 15-20 years+, You are the unofficial STL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back