Archived Too many hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Hi everyone, I'm a Hardlines employee.

I requested 15 hours a week with a maximum of 20, but currently I'm getting almost 30 hours a week and it's a lot for me to balance with my other job and still having time for family stuff, etc. I know my store is really understaffed, but is there anything that could be done about that? Who would I talk to?

Talk to your TL and/or ETL about it and try to come to some sort of arrangement. Then again, I think TLs don't handle schedules anymore so you'll probably hve to deal more with your ETL and ETL-HR possibly.

Do you have open availability? That's probably part of why you're getting more hours, especially if they're understaffed. Also keep in mind that once BTS/BTC starts gearing up hopefully hiring should ramp up so there's more people to take shifts if you're still getting more hours than you'd like.

I had a similar issue at one time: too many hours - couldn't handle it with my schedule - I wanted only 15 hours, 20 max. Talked with the person writing the schedule to let them know. Then ensured my availability was set to only the days and hours I could work. Bingo.

Talk with HR and your ETL to let them know. Target has always been good about working with us on scheduling ... at least at my store.

why are you complaining? if you dont want the shift put it on the swap board but you should be happy as a lot of people are barely getting 10

No need to be a jerk, some people only want extra income, but because they have open availability they get scheduled more than they want to.

OP find out who writes your schedule and let them know your situation. You should have signed a paper during your interview stating your maximum number of hours. HR at your store should have that.

If it was more than 20 you are screwed.

Last edited:
Talk to HR or whoever does your schedule. I think the system doesn't even show what your max hours are when writing the schedule, so they might not even know.

There's also a glitch in mytime that doesn't let you change your max hours on self service

Not being a jerk lol I just find it funny that they are the complete polar opposite than everyone else xD

I'd check to see what you got set for your availability. I know back when I first started and I did my first availability change I asked if I could get weekends off without actually setting it as unavailable etc. It was accepted, and I still worked weekends and I was like "wtf" but I never said anything. It took me like half a year to realize back then I didn't set it lmao oh well.

But yeah, at least at my store the MyTime max hour selection is glitched.

I had the same situation as you. I wanted 20, ending up working 40, i was fine with it until i failed my classes lol

Reactions: Coo
Talk to HR or whoever does your schedule. I think the system doesn't even show what your max hours are when writing the schedule, so they might not even know.

Ahhhh so this is why my hours have been crazy lately! ughhhh 8 months in and now i figure it out...and my ETL couldn't figure it out either.

I had the same situation as you. I wanted 20, ending up working 40, i was fine with it until i failed my classes lol

I'm in the same boat, completely tanked a class bad this semester because they took most of the BR team and kept sticking me with 32 hours a week. next semester i'm literally only gonna put 3 days of availability,

From what I understand they don't take your max number of hours into account anymore. Schedule makers and the system only go by what times/days you are available.

From what I understand they don't take your max number of hours into account anymore. Schedule makers and the system only go by what times/days you are available.

And I hate this. People will shorten their availabilities so they don't get scheduled too many hours when we should be rewarding the people with open availability.

Change days that youre available, not the hours. BTS is coming up so I would do it asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back