Archived Took Home Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
When/if we get a remodeling, I'm going to cry if there's locks. I don't see how I'm going to really manage to get work done at the opposite end of RTW or fetching hard to reach baby items from the back room for someone (the diapers I need are always several shelves up for some reason) or doing reshop in kids if I have to stop everything and run back to the fitting room every couple minutes to unlock a door.
You should never be leaving the fitting room as a fitting room attendant....

We have always been so sloppy with our keys at my store. Most of the time the key boxes aren't even locked.
What kind of key rings do you guys have? Do you have alarms on your keys? If you do, where do you get them? Most of our keys don't have any thing but a carbiner, no labels. I want labels and alarms on all of our keys.

You could see if your ETL/STL could order iTags. It's like the tile but cheaper.

200w.gif
If I don't leave then who's going to be getting the carts of reshop from GS to sort, zoning men's and RTW, running reshop, finding and taking items to the front to be held for guests on the phone, meeting guests in baby hardlines and getting stuff out of the backroom for them, and playing fetch for whatever the guests at the fitting room want? The softlines fairy?

View attachment 5834
If I don't leave then who's going to be getting the carts of reshop from GS to sort, zoning men's and RTW, running reshop, finding and taking items to the front to be held for guests on the phone, meeting guests in baby hardlines and getting stuff out of the backroom for them, and playing fetch for whatever the guests at the fitting room want? The softlines fairy?
Grab reshop on your way back from your break and everything else should be done by softlines tms. Leaving the fitting room is an AP nightmar.

I usually see the FR tm usually nearby, they're never that far away unless it's dead

Leaving the fitting room is an AP nightmar.

According to the fitting room training that corporate recently released, the FRO is supposed to offer to fetch other sizes or fetch complementary items to every guest in the fitting room, and when a guest takes advantage of the offer, the FRO is supposed to announce to all guests in the fitting rooms that she is going to be away from the fitting room for a few minutes in order to assist a guest. As far as being an AP nightmare, how is this corporate policy any different than leaving for other reasons (without announcing it), such as getting product on the floor for people to buy or assisting guests in other parts of softlines or putting items on hold for guests on the phone?

According to the fitting room training that corporate recently released, the FRO is supposed to offer to fetch other sizes or fetch complementary items to every guest in the fitting room, and when a guest takes advantage of the offer, the FRO is supposed to announce to all guests in the fitting rooms that she is going to be away from the fitting room for a few minutes in order to assist a guest. As far as being an AP nightmare, how is this corporate policy any different than leaving for other reasons (without announcing it), such as getting product on the floor for people to buy or assisting guests in other parts of softlines or putting items on hold for guests on the phone?
To be fair it’s part of modernization which entails locking your fitting rooms and guests not being able to get in without you there but if your fitting rooms don’t lock, you walking away constantly is a huge deal. If our fitting room attendant walks away they will definitely be coached for such. I know asants so maybe you’re not high theft or your AP just doesn’t care.

Honestly, assuming you drive and put your keys in your pockets, I can't see how can anyone take Target keys by accident. I mean when you get your own keys, wouldn't you notice the extra set of keys that aren't supposed to be there?

I hang the keys on my pant loop. Every tm that holds keys does. This is a common mistake in my store, the only difference being they can bring them back since they have the morning shift. Never in my life have I put keys (even my car keys) in my pocket.

Yea, well, the only electronics TM shoudln't be working in hardlines out of sight and earshot of electronics, especially since my store has no functioning call buttons in the area, but that's what happens every night. Non-register trained and brand new CAs shouldn't be covering electronics breaks, but they do. ETL LOG shouldn't respond to plano TMs being unsufficiently trained in backroom metrics and pulling by getting angry and banning them from the stockroom instead of getting them trained, but she does.

What a store should do has fuck all to do with it.

Our store makes us run all over the dang place as Operator. We don't really have fitting room attendants...
Yeah, same here. And the coaching makes no sense. "Go zone the swimsuits and fold all the RTW tables." "Okay FRO, you're being coached because you zoned the swimsuits and folded the tables, instead of refusing to do what you were told in order to stay at the fitting rooms." Huh?

Yeah, same here. And the coaching makes no sense. "Go zone the swimsuits and fold all the RTW tables." "Okay FRO, you're being coached because you zoned the swimsuits and folded the tables, instead of refusing to do what you were told in order to stay at the fitting rooms." Huh?
Catch22. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. If you don’t zone and fold as told- performance coaching. If you refuse- insubordination coaching/CCA. What insanity!🙄

Best way to curb the accidental taking of keys is to attach some sort of security device to them that will beep when you leave the store.

In the military, they were attached to a 12" x 12" sheet of aluminum. Very hard to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back