Archived Toy set

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASANTS, we were told no more clearance valleys.

How's that going you ask?

Awesome! More than half the clearance, marked and unmarked, is sitting boxed up on pallets on the back. And there are still price change batches for toys to pull.
We still have batches in there to pull also, but its not more than 25 eaches luckily.

TL in charge of Toys read that the store is supposed to utilize the Amplified Gifting Towers to merchandise clearance. I can't remember where I read it. We too are sitting on at least 3 pallets worth of clearance and no aisles to put the merchandise. Aisles that needed to be flipped were set today. Set but trapped freight still needs to be pushed. Game plan is to set everything then push everything. I wish everyone luck. Whether or not this is how it's supposed to be done, we are going with what we know.
exactly what we are doing also, set set set push push push. Suffered in sales yesterday as a result but its the only way since nothing was pre-tied. And I just laugh at the idea of using amp gifting towers for clearance. We are done setting minus board games and the aisles being used for clearance valleys

Toys Pre-tied ?? I must have missed that.

We have 3 Plano tm, most days working alone, so setting is creeping along, slowly. ONE day there are 2 tm’s on at the same time, that is the day I hope to get the flipping aisles done, only 4: the doll aisles trade places and Disney swaps aisles with the next one, easy flips because they are both in the same valleys.

ALL our clearance is out , and it is everywhere ! Most back endcaps of toys/sport, an entire pool aisle emptied to fill 6 sections, half the goggle aisle flexed to give 3 sections to clearance, half the nerf aisle flexed over to give 3 sections for clearance, two areas of the toy flat and as many amplifies gifting fixtures that we could gather. Honestly, looks worse than Building 19 ever did. Stuff not discounted enough and absolutely not selling ANY of it. I thought I heard/read months ago that markdowns were going to start earlier so that ON SET WEEK merchandise would SALVAGE. Would be so efficient to entire an aisle, scan out the salvage and set what was left. Spending time RELOCATING this clearance is eating time and making the store a MESS.

We have 2 big problems:
1. Toy DBO’s (under Plano hours!) are pushing pallet after pallet INTO the aisles we haven’t set yet, making more merch to move and sending lots unnecessarily to back stock. Of course I would prefer they spend their time setting but i’m Told there is too much to push, ok, inefficient, but whatever.
2. random aisles are un-tie ing themselves (or being untied ), creating even more unlocated items that are being sent for backstock too early !

One more: the aisles we set (and looked perfect yesterday ) are a MESS today cause DBOs are pushing and not zoning, sigh.
This week we have no one in toys pushing the truck, it's all just going to pallets and at the end after the set we are pushing it all out or if its set POG team is pushing it as it comes in. Our toy person is also part of the POG team this week so it's being maintained.

This week we have no one in toys pushing the truck, it's all just going to pallets and at the end after the set we are pushing it all out or if its set POG team is pushing it as it comes in. Our toy person is also part of the POG team this week so it's being maintained.

Yeah, we're doing that too. INF. INF. INF. INF. INF. INF. Been real fun. Thanks for giving me someone to blame when metrics are bad, I guess. Not how I'd like it to be though.

TL in charge of Toys read that the store is supposed to utilize the Amplified Gifting Towers to merchandise clearance. I can't remember where I read it. We too are sitting on at least 3 pallets worth of clearance and no aisles to put the merchandise. Aisles that needed to be flipped were set today. Set but trapped freight still needs to be pushed. Game plan is to set everything then push everything. I wish everyone luck. Whether or not this is how it's supposed to be done, we are going with what we know.

It’s in the addendum with using the amp gifting for CLX.

Same deal here. Sooo much unmarked clearance with no space and sooo little help. Spent today knocking out three aisles of baby layette clothes. Same situation as toys. None of the clearance was marked, so it didn’t sell done and everything had to be scanned. Apparently babies endcaps went through a full cycle without being set. 😔 I use to be able to catch that stuff when I was allowed to do signing. Not my job, not my prob anymore

Our district director came in yesterday afternoon and I booked it for the door to leave. Was not in any mood to talk to him after seeing his email about wanting toys set "perfectly" in 2-3 days. Even the aisles we did manage to set this week look like shit already, empty spots not filled yet and so reshop is being dumped there with no abandon.

Our district director came in yesterday afternoon and I booked it for the door to leave. Was not in any mood to talk to him after seeing his email about wanting toys set "perfectly" in 2-3 days. Even the aisles we did manage to set this week look like shit already, empty spots not filled yet and so reshop is being dumped there with no abandon.
What army did he think was sent in to finish in 2-3 days ? Did the entire team do overnights ?
We were scheduled 1 or 2 TM each day - 6 days later and 5 aisles still not set, loads of re-shop gathered and not re-pushed and 4 pallets pulled still to push.
Fortunately next week is a light workload, many more days work left to go. The aisles finished AND not finished don't look very different cause no one has been zoning since WE are already working over there - ya, a MESS !

What army did he think was sent in to finish in 2-3 days ? Did the entire team do overnights ?
We were scheduled 1 or 2 TM each day - 6 days later and 5 aisles still not set, loads of re-shop gathered and not re-pushed and 4 pallets pulled still to push.
Fortunately next week is a light workload, many more days work left to go. The aisles finished AND not finished don't look very different cause no one has been zoning since WE are already working over there - ya, a MESS !

We finished setting. But we still have about 10 pallets of toys to push.

We would set an aisle and the next day, it would be trashed.

Carts and carts of reshop that by Friday, the SD told us to do. Yes, because setting toys means pushing reshop from all over the store. Soap, clothes, movies, food, etc.

I feel no guilt. I worked my ass off setting and rearranging those 3 boys action aisles in one day. The ETL ... they don't flip or anything. Really? Just about every 4 foot section switched aisles. Don't tell me it'll be "easy." You've never done it. How would you know?

Glad I'm off until Monday.

We had clearance everywhere but it least it was all out. Problem is: with each aisle we set half the product is clearance, pulling a flat (4-6 repack boxes) from EACH aisle. Filled back wall of mini and half the grill aisle, the entire pool aisle and half the goggle aisle, half the nerf aisle and half the toy flat aisle and all of the back wall of the toy flat, plus every back endcap in toys AND sporting goods. Looks like MORE clearance than regular price !
When does : “ clearance will SALVAGE the SAME week as the SET “ start ??
Sooooo disgusted with the time spent Moving clearance.
Of course push batches are enormous because the aisles are empty after the clearance is removed.

Best thing this week: smashed and discarded tsum tsum e/c fixture.....fun.
Glad I’m not the only one who got pleasure in taking down and throwing away the Disney/Tsum Tsum fixture. That thing has been there for quite some time. And heavy too!

We finished setting. But we still have about 10 pallets of toys to push.

We would set an aisle and the next day, it would be trashed.

Carts and carts of reshop that by Friday, the SD told us to do. Yes, because setting toys means pushing reshop from all over the store. Soap, clothes, movies, food, etc.

I feel no guilt. I worked my ass off setting and rearranging those 3 boys action aisles in one day. The ETL ... they don't flip or anything. Really? Just about every 4 foot section switched aisles. Don't tell me it'll be "easy." You've never done it. How would you know?

Glad I'm off until Monday.

Fuck. We didn't set any of boys action this week and I am the only one scheduled in Plano next week. Lucky me.

Crazy question to you all although Toys Transition is supposed to be done and over with, Can someone please tell me who is exactly responsible to merchandise the Toys clearance? In the past my presentation TM's helped out to take care of it and made effort to make 4' statements in the seasonal aisles. Even before modernization there was never hours designated in the set time to work out d-code/clearance. We did it as a courtesy. Well 2 months into modernization for us and we don't have the time to help anymore. Because we can't help anymore we are being challenged as to why not. I've explained that DBO'S are needing to step up to the plate to learn and the GMTL of the area needs to teach and train. Anyone can push freight, it's harder to teach someone how to set a 24' planogram in 2 days and expect them to be experts at it. IMO

Crazy question to you all although Toys Transition is supposed to be done and over with, Can someone please tell me who is exactly responsible to merchandise the Toys clearance? In the past my presentation TM's helped out to take care of it and made effort to make 4' statements in the seasonal aisles. Even before modernization there was never hours designated in the set time to work out d-code/clearance. We did it as a courtesy. Well 2 months into modernization for us and we don't have the time to help anymore. Because we can't help anymore we are being challenged as to why not. I've explained that DBO'S are needing to step up to the plate to learn and the GMTL of the area needs to teach and train. Anyone can push freight, it's harder to teach someone how to set a 24' planogram in 2 days and expect them to be experts at it. IMO
Gen merch should be dealing with the clearance the day way they do when it’s not a big set and just regular clearance

Ahhh, ya, supposed to be done, but NOT.
We still have a pricing team, so even though they didn’t like it, they helped push a lot of the clearance that the pog team removed from the aisles.

But ......the massive amounts of random re-shop ! Pog was expected to return anything found in an aisle to it’s proper location ! Seriously ? Softlines, grocery, BTS.....I thought it should have been sorted at guest service. We have collected a mountain and no one will touch it ! DBO, guest service, presentation ..... all in agreement:
“i’m NOT re-shopping THAT”
Sheesh. Wish the SD step in and assign it to someone, only way anyone will even touch it.

Those 3 aisles were AWFUL!!

Damn. Damn. Damn. I can put it off til later in the week at least. Want to finish d.86 first since our pallets are sorted by dept. and we started 86 late last week. Gonna start hearing it tomorrow I'm sure because those aisles are still empty as we didn't work any of those pallets Friday because the truck was started late and the crown is broken anyway so it all has to be pulled down by hand using the Wave.

Damn. Damn. Damn. I can put it off til later in the week at least. Want to finish d.86 first since our pallets are sorted by dept. and we started 86 late last week. Gonna start hearing it tomorrow I'm sure because those aisles are still empty as we didn't work any of those pallets Friday because the truck was started late and the crown is broken anyway so it all has to be pulled down by hand using the Wave.
Your pallets are sorted by dept ! Nice job logistics ! Ours weren’t sorted at all. I was told
‘Because they came in without locations’ I wish I had the quick thinking to tell them they could have sorted by dept.!

Those 3 aisles were AWFUL!!

Ain't that the truth. My tl and ETL were both off the day I was told to set 2 of them. As soon as I tied them and scanned a couple items, I knew it was going to be rough. Though if you were to ask anyone above my tl, we just the stuff in and move it around. It's easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back